X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
    It was a great ride.glad I got to see it in it's heyday...the 81 show will always be a top 3 for me...
    What are the other 2 gigs in your top 3?
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Guns n Roses 91..still had Izzy, just before illusion cds came out..Skid Row opened..GNR played for 3 1/2 hrs

Pearl Jam 13..bucket list..wanted to see them for years....PJ played for 3 hrs

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Guns n Roses 91..still had Izzy, just before illusion cds came out..Skid Row opened..GNR played for 3 1/2 hrs

Pearl Jam 13..bucket list..wanted to see them for years....PJ played for 3 hrs
        Worth the tickets!
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm not sure I want to see anything for longer than 2 1/2 hours at this point, movie gig or sport.

Comment

• silverfish
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2007

Sorry those of you who planned to attend are missing out but silver lining?...

More than 6,000 COVID cases reported in Las Vegas area
            The more than 6,000 cases nearly doubles the record 3,508 positive results from Friday. The health district also today reported 15 deaths.

Record high number of cases on Friday was 3508.
            Sat. new record 6110.
            Originally posted by sadaist
            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
              Worth the tickets!
              Memorable...I feel for kids these days have no idea what a real rock show is.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I'm not sure I want to see anything for longer than 2 1/2 hours at this point, movie gig or sport.
                I dont have much desire either..easier to watch in youtube or stream these days

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

That's a hell of a sentence there from the Roth Army answer to Carrie Bradshaw...
                  I actually had to look up who Carrie Bradshaw was (I'm aware of but have never seen the show the character is on): even though I now know who you were referencing, I'm still unsure if I should feel complimented or insulted.

I mean, I'm a middle-aged, slightly chubby American male. As such, I'm obviously far better looking than the actress who plays Carrie Bradshaw, so I assume you are referring to the Bradshaw character being a hack writer...and THAT part is certainly true enough...
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I was forced to watch it through the 90s and it's come back again recently.

I heard a joke recently - 'What does COVID and Sex and the City have in common. They both keep coming back worse and worse.'

She often narrated these kind of tortured sentences and for some reason that one you posted made it pop into my head. It's a great joke if you know the references...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I dont have much desire either..easier to watch in youtube or stream these days

I still like and go to lots of stuff (plague permitting) but that Bruce Springsteen thing that more is always better becomes less good the older you get. I'm meant to be seeing what passes for GNR this summer and I really would not want to be standing at an outdoor gig (possibly in the rain) for 3 1/2 hours.

Rather than making a day of it I'll try and turn up close to headline showtime with as many vodka miniatures deposited around my body that I can manage safely through security.

With movies before going to the cinema I do now factor in the length and if it's really long that can make me stream it instead. It's not a prostate issue or anything like that(yet) but it is maybe a bit age related you get used to home comforts a bit.
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-09-2022, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I used to go to rock festivals, the 83 US Festival being one of them. That’s a young person’s sport. Sitting out in a field all day, half drunk, half stoned and getting sun burned doesn’t appeal to me now. Nor does skiing powder bowls in minus 20F temperatures and I used to think that was fun.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Yeah, you still being here is all the proof I need.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

I was forced to watch it through the 90s and it's come back again recently.

I heard a joke recently - 'What does COVID and Sex and the City have in common. They both keep coming back worse and worse.'

She often narrated these kind of tortured sentences and for some reason that one you posted made it pop into my head. It's a great joke if you know the references...
                            "tortured sentences" does describe my writing to a tee...and then I keep throwing ellipses in every sentence, as if that makes it any better...
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I have the advantage I can tidy up my worst attacks on the english language the next morning...

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Awwww, slave SESH's clock ran out.

Comment

Working...