• Jan 2004

Posted on Dave's Facebook timeline...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      I'm not buying the Dave threw a fit and cancelled crap... there's contract penalties and specific clauses for cancelling things like this.
      Probably why tickets sales were refunded as soon a possible. If Dopey Dave holds no money for these cancellations then he owes no money to promoters, vendors, security, lighting and sound technicians. Then again who knows the actual details of the contract itself. With no apology on the horizon Douchey Dave simply washed his hands of these shows, told the most die hard of the die fans to go fuck themselves and simply went back to sleep.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Who knows what 40 years of being a rock star, all that coke and dope followed by 20 months of solitary in a big empty mansion does to someone's brain.

Maybe it would get you so that you think people are trying to kidnap you when you go out for a cycle. Then you go to Las Vegas to do shows under the spotlight of being past it?

Could make for a decent Cohen brothers movie...

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dead and Co. fans got all the way to Cancun to find the shows had been cancelled

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'll bet Ted Cruz was heartbroken by that news.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Any show is obviously a gamble at the moment but if you book a single location and expect people to come to you then I think you owe them a bit more of an explanation because people will travel and you can't refund that.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Any show is obviously a gamble at the moment but if you book a single location and expect people to come to you then I think you owe them a bit more of an explanation because people will travel and you can't refund that.
                ….and Sam and Mike will be playing Vegas in a few weeks. Dave ignores his fans and Sam smothers his to death self promoting himself on every medium he can get on and putting Gene Simmons to shame peddling Red Rocker, Cabo Wabo and Maui rum shit.

That’s one American fat fuck COVID should rid us of but we will never be that lucky. After the nuclear holocaust there will be cockroaches and Sammy Hagar.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-08-2022, 03:30 AM.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  I'll bet Ted Cruz was heartbroken by that news.
                  That Canadian carpetbagger came out of character too soon. Now he’s blown it. Not even the dumb fuck Texans will vote him back in. He’s Ted Lose now.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

You know you have matured when you finally see your adolescent idols as lame fucks.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      That’s one American fat fuck COVID should rid us of but we will never be that lucky. After the nuclear holocaust there will be cockroaches and Sammy Hagar.
                      Proof there is no God. Eddie Van Halen is dead and Sammy Hagar still walks the earth.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Well, and that's the thing...Roth was very explicit in that these would be his final shows anywhere, ever. I didn't interpret his retirement announcement in any other way: after these Vegas shows, he was done performing, period.

These shows were billed as such, and people bought tickets believing it was such. Even with the amount of bands/acts that have undertaken what turned out to have been bullshit farewell tours before and if anybody's farewell announcement should be taken at face value or with a grain of salt or whatever, one would like to think Roth was being direct enough and honest enough when he said these Vegas shows were it.

And, yeah, doubtless some people were travelling from far and wide to go, and travel to Vegas ain't cheap...nor are lodgings.

So, for Dave to give some "shit happens" half-assed response...yeah, were I one of those who bought tickets and laid out non-refundable expense money to go see the guy, I'd be more than a bit pissed.

Don't worry, though: Sammy Hagar just told Blabbermouth that he's willing to perform lead vocal duties for Roth's upcoming farewell concert series...so you guys who bought tix just head out to Vegas...the Red Rocker has got you covered! Everybody, altogether now
                        Your love is driving me crazy!
                        Your love just takes me away!
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                          Don't worry, though: Sammy Hagar just told Blabbermouth that he's willing to perform lead vocal duties for Roth's upcoming farewell concert series...so you guys who bought tix just head out to Vegas...the Red Rocker has got you covered! Everybody, altogether now
                          Your love is driving me crazy!
                          Your love just takes me away!
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Although if I really think about it - inasmuch as Roth's 'career' going forward should actually warrant ANY thought, which is to say by this point it really shouldn't, because expending said thought is a waste of time - why SHOULD Roth give a fuck about cancelling the shows in terms of any inconvenience for the ticket holders re: their travel expenses? Roth's career in terms of performing has basically been done since Van Halen's last tour in 2015. The half-witted fantasy about Dave 'reuniting the EEAS band, man!' couldn't even happen for a one-off gig in a fucking Los Angeles club. Pre-covid, Dave did a similar Vegas stint to the one that just got cancelled, then did a brief opening slot for KISS 2020.

Dave announced his retirement from performing last fall and said his upcoming Vegas gigs would be his last. So, now that those gigs are cancelled, I'd tend to doubt Dave is overly concerned with whatever ill will has been generated toward him from the ticket buyers: it's not as if he needs to restore any good will with them going forward, because there isn't any forward or down the line to look forward to. And the truth of the matter is that even WITHOUT the explicit retirement announcement there wasn't anything to look forward to down the line with Dave in terms of live appearances.

Dave got old, can't do it anymore. That's all, folks.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                              Although if I really think about it - inasmuch as Roth's 'career' going forward should actually warrant ANY thought, which is to say by this point it really shouldn't, because expending said thought is a waste of time - why SHOULD Roth give a fuck about cancelling the shows in terms of any inconvenience for the ticket holders re: their travel expenses?
                              That's a hell of a sentence there from the Roth Army answer to Carrie Bradshaw...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

It was a great ride.glad I got to see it in it's heyday...the 81 show will always be a top 3 for me...

Comment

Working...