ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    (and those background vocals were piped in...I'm sure of that)
    I can confirm that background vocals were piped in. For awhile, anyway.

Thank goodness I had no desire to attend any of these shows. My first time ever seeing Dave live was with VH. My last time seeing Dave live, was with VH. That's the way it will remain for me, even if Dave does play more shows eventually. I have zero desire to see Dave butcher these great songs, with a cover band. Especially when the cover band is more true to the originals, than Dave himself is.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Terry (01-04-2022),ZahZoo (01-06-2022)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    I was listening to that "DLR Podcast" and those two dudes brought up some good points on Wavy Davy's cancellation and how utterly unprofessional he's being about it. To this day Dave has given no public apology or any other rescheduling announcements to his fans who I must say, must feel real foolish now. Since this is to be believed that these are the "last shows" how many die hard fans from all over the world made plans to see the spandex-wearing garden gnome, make vacation days trades with co-workers, already spent the money to travel to Vegas only to end up being bitch slapped by Dave's ego?

They also brought up that Dave or maybe those close to him may have tested posie-wasie for COVID. Even if that is this case, why not publicly announce it? Sort of a nice gesture to say he gives a shit about his fans and their health while being so vague about his own. Who can really say? Maybe the dude has a serious health issue(s) that now prevent him from physically performing. Either way, he owes his fans some sort of a announcement if not a tentative rescheduling.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

The way this was handled was poor again.

People have travelled from abroad spending thousands of dollars and putting up with the risk of travel during a pandemic and deserve more than nothing for days then a pithy line.

These are also many times people who paid extra to catch the final shows only to be scalped by more show being added. Way to alienate the last of his hardcore fans...

Rumor was maybe his guitarist got a last minute positive result but even if that was the case you would think it would be possible to find one in a week an hour away from LA.

It's not even that though its the usual shitty failing of Van Halen were they seem to think they don't need to communicate with their customers.

6. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ooof in sync with Kristy today typed that simultaneously.

8. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (01-04-2022),paltrowitz (01-08-2022)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Exactly why you should celebrate Robert Burns day, slave SESH. At least that dude shows up and he's been dead for centuries.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was precisely wondering what would the Vegas setlist be on my way back from work this evening. Mmmh well...

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 01:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I’m at the house of blues in Las Vegas. I just asked an employee why the show tonight was cancelled. They said that at first the guitarist got COVID and that cancelled the first two shows. And the rest of the shows were cancelled because Dave threw a fit/tantrum and canceled the rest of the shows. They added he wouldn’t be back and wasn’t sure if he’d play anywhere after this.

12. 2 users say thank you to mattynew for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (01-04-2022),Seshmeister (01-04-2022)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

https://blabbermouth.net/news/david-...y-cancelation/

DAVID LEE ROTH Addresses Possibility Of Future Shows Following Las Vegas Residency Cancellation

David Lee Roth has issued a brief statement after the cancelation of the remaining farewell shows he was set to play in Las Vegas.

The 67-year-old VAN HALEN frontman had previously scrapped concerts scheduled for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day and was to play a total of nine shows as he vowed to retire from performing live.

The concerts were scheduled to take place on December 31, 2021, and January 1, 5, 7 and 8 of 2022 at the House Of Blues at Mandalay Bay.

When asked if Roth's farewell performances will take place at a later date, he told Fox News Digital in a statement: "It's not about me anymore. When the benefits for Kentucky, Colorado, and Farm Aid kick in; Call me."

In a similarly worded statement to EW, Roth said about the cancelation of his Vegas residency: "Sometimes you win, Sometimes you lose, We got rained out.. "Covid cancelled.

"Future shows? When the benefit concerts for Colorado, Farm Aid, and hospital workers 'everywhere' come up; Call me..," he added.

In a previous statement, event organizers said the cancelations were made "due to unforeseen circumstances related to COVID and out of an abundance of caution for those working and attending the shows."

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    https://blabbermouth.net/news/david-...y-cancelation/

DAVID LEE ROTH Addresses Possibility Of Future Shows Following Las Vegas Residency Cancellation

"It's not about me anymore. When the benefits for Kentucky, Colorado, and Farm Aid kick in; Call me."

In a similarly worded statement to EW, Roth said about the cancelation of his Vegas residency: "Sometimes you win, Sometimes you lose, We got rained out.. "

"Future shows? When the benefit concerts for Colorado, Farm Aid, and hospital workers 'everywhere' come up; Call me..," he added.
    Kentucky?
    Colorado?
    Hospital workers everywhere?
    Farm Aid?
    Got rained out?
    Call him?

Jesus...

what the fuck is he on about?

15. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Loose cannon. Dave went crazy from the heat for real.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Going back to that "DLR Podcast" they softy hit on ticket sales and how surprisingly it all was that Dave's first two shows sold out as quickly as they did. Only when more shows were added that Dave seem to get a little greedy and this whole "Fuck Off Into The Sunset" mini tour non tour took on a new tone. Two things must have happened here besides COVID: The promoter wanted more money or Dave could not fulfill his end to perform additional shows with his weird and vague health concerns. And like I was saying to the DLR dudes, Dave's best days are way, way, waaaaay, behind him. These shows were for the last dying breed of true Roth fans. Most of them people who has seen Roth in one form or another since 1978 and stuck with him during the good times and bad. Now, can you possibly imagine if you flew from let's say Japan, Australia, Germany or even drove more than half way across the god damn county only to get a hearty "fuck you" from Roth who is too lazy to hire a publicist to say something like, "due to unforeseen circumstances..."

Now he pulls this Alzheimer's shit of Colorado, Farm Aid, Hospital workers as if being magically called to do a benefit show or two is going to correct his shitty behavior of pissing all over his fans in Vegas. These fucking rock stars, man. The time has come for so many of them to just stop performing cold. Just fuck off into the sunset with their money and allow for brilliant acts such as Poppy to rule the world.

Oh, you all will bow down to her and worship her as your new savior

David Lee Roth has lost his marbles. The man you hard core knew or thought you knew does not exist any more. He's clearly not functioning on a coherent level with reality and take it form someone who knows exactly what's that's like. The man needs help more than ever either with coping with Eddie's death, his alleged health status or generalized understanding that it's time to say goodbye to the biz for good. Maybe he'll show up on some dude's classic rock podcast or make an appearance at some gala event for Colorado, Farm Aid and heath care workers but until then, he can go fuck himself.

With a chainsaw.
    Last edited by Kristy; 01-05-2022 at 09:53 AM.

18. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Going back to that "DLR Podcast" they softy hit on ticket sales and how surprisingly it all was that Dave's first two shows sold out as quickly as they did. Only when more shows were added that Dave seem to get a little greedy and this whole "Fuck Off Into The Sunset" mini tour non tour took on a new tone. Two things must have happened here besides COVID: The promoter wanted more money or Dave could not fulfill his end to perform additional shows with his weird and vague health concerns. And like I was saying to the DLR dudes, Dave's best days are way, way, waaaaay, behind him. These shows were for the last dying breed of true Roth fans. Most of them people who has seen Roth in one form or another since 1978 and stuck with him during the good times and bad. Now, can you possibly imagine if you flew from let's say Japan, Australia, Germany or even drove more than half way across the god damn county only to get a hearty "fuck you" from Roth who is too lazy to hire a publicist to say something like, "due to unforeseen circumstances..."

Now he pulls this Alzheimer's shit of Colorado, Farm Aid, Hospital workers as if being magically called to do a benefit show or two is going to correct his shitty behavior of pissing all over his fans in Vegas. These fucking rock stars, man. The time has come for so many of them to just stop performing cold. Just fuck off into the sunset with their money and allow for brilliant acts such as Poppy to rule the world.

Oh, you all will bow down to her and worship her as your new savior

David Lee Roth has lost his marbles. The man you hard core knew or thought you knew does not exist any more. He's clearly not functioning on a coherent level with reality and take it form someone who knows exactly what's that's like. The man needs help more than ever either with coping with Eddie's death, his alleged health status or generalized understanding that it's time to say goodbye to the biz for good. Maybe he'll show up on some dude's classic rock podcast or make an appearance at some gala event for Colorado, Farm Aid and heath care workers but until then, he can go fuck himself.

With a chainsaw.
    Couldn't agree more. Except with the picture of the chick that is posed like she's getting ready to fist you.

20. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Poppy honors her fans and moreover, actually shows up at her scheduled concerts. Imagine that, DLR fans.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am one of those fans who jumped on Dave’s bandwagon in 1986 when I saw DLR in Providence Rhode Island. It was my very first concert - I was in high school. Every tour, when he came to New England I was there - sometimes multiple shows. I showed up when he couldn’t book big or medium venues and even when he played the Avalon in Boston. Never heard of the Avalon? Exactly.

I was there in Manchester, NH when he opened for KISS. I bought tickets in 2021 when he was supposed to be in Mansfield, MA opening for KISS again. I bought tickets so both my adult sons could see Dave live. Dave wasn’t there - some artistic painter showed up instead. Really?

So, when I found out about these shows in Vegas - I jump on board. “I’m heading to Vegas from NH to see Dave!” I’ve been pumped for weeks. Dave was my first concert ever and I wanted to see one of his last shows. I Bought tickets without a plan. Got my son (23) to join me on the trip. Took a week off from work. I’m just three weeks after an unexpected knee surgery (walking is fair/stairs suck) - but, I made the trek. I’m here in Vegas. Staying at the Madalay Bay. No Dave…

No way to treat a fan Dave. We deserve an explanation beyond some guy who works for the House of Blues telling me you had a fit and quit the shows. Really?

The good news is, my son and I have adapted and are having a fun father and son trip in Vegas.
    Last edited by mattynew; 01-05-2022 at 12:14 PM.

23. 5 users say thank you to mattynew for this KICKASS post:

FORD (01-05-2022),Kristy (01-05-2022),Seshmeister (01-05-2022),Von Halen (01-05-2022),ZahZoo (01-06-2022)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattynew View Post

The good news is, my son and I have adapted and are having a fun father and son trip in Vegas.
    Hookers and blow?

we won't mention it to mom...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

Thanks for sending me to CAFE WHA? 10 years ago today!

26. 2 users say thank you to WARF for this KICKASS post:

High Life Man (01-07-2022),ZahZoo (01-06-2022)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    The way this was handled was poor again.

People have travelled from abroad spending thousands of dollars and putting up with the risk of travel during a pandemic and deserve more than nothing for days then a pithy line.

These are also many times people who paid extra to catch the final shows only to be scalped by more show being added. Way to alienate the last of his hardcore fans...

Rumor was maybe his guitarist got a last minute positive result but even if that was the case you would think it would be possible to find one in a week an hour away from LA.

It's not even that though its the usual shitty failing of Van Halen were they seem to think they don't need to communicate with their customers.
    This is just a perfect example of poor management and shitty PR/communications...

When this deal was signed they should have had crystal clear defined COVID protocols, notification plans and contingency plans if anything didn't go as desired. Seriously... you can't blame omicron or anything related to the pandemic. This pandemic shit is not new and other artists, venues, promoters have been handling this crap effectively.

Due to lack of actual working... I assume Dave doesn't have any significant management team or at least isn't paying for managers, communications people and the staff that make all this stuff happen for artists. If Dave is paying for top service... maybe he needs to look into Britney's Spears' unemployed conservators if they are available... cause he ain't cuttin it on his own.

28. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022),Seshmeister (01-06-2022)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    This is just a perfect example of poor management and shitty PR/communications...
    This has been the VH/Dave MO forever and a day. They are the WORST band in the world, to be a fan of. Have always taken their fans for granted.

30. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

So this is love (01-06-2022)

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Hookers and blow?

we won't mention it to mom...
    Too Funny!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Thanks for sending me to CAFE WHA? 10 years ago today!
    You lucked out. Dave actually showed up for that one.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

So true

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    This has been the VH/Dave MO forever and a day. They are the WORST band in the world, to be a fan of. Have always taken their fans for granted.
    So true

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    True but they filled seats every time they went on tour. They could take their fans for granted and get away with it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

When this deal was signed they should have had crystal clear defined COVID protocols, notification plans and contingency plans if anything didn't go as desired. Seriously... you can't blame omicron or anything related to the pandemic. This pandemic shit is not new and other artists, venues, promoters have been handling this crap effectively.

Due to lack of actual working... I assume Dave doesn't have any significant management team or at least isn't paying for managers, communications people and the staff that make all this stuff happen for artists. If Dave is paying for top service... maybe he needs to look into Britney's Spears' unemployed conservators if they are available... cause he ain't cuttin it on his own.
    It’s a gamble booking shows right now. Some acts are holding back because you don’t start making a profit until the end of the tour. If COVID cuts the tour short you eat it. Big acts with deep pockets can afford to gamble. Small acts can’t.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think on the DLR podcast thing they alluded to the same thing in that there wouldn't be a DLRArmy or VHLinks or VHND or their podcast if it wasn't for the fact these people are so fucking terrible at doing basic PR themselves.

We used to always blame the Van Halen's but for a while now especially after the end of Van Halen it's been getting harder to defend Dave for not having the same problem.

38. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022),ZahZoo (01-07-2022)

Sgt. Swindle
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 12:34 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I just got back to Houston. Flew out redeye Tues morning. No time to cancel anything. I had lunch at House of Blues yesterday. Bartender told me it was Dave who cancelled, not the HOB. She was pissed. Said it was already a test negative or vac show anyway and no other shows had cancelled or had problems. Something tells me Covid wasn't the reason this cancelled. On another note, coming from TX to NV ( mask mandate) was like going back in time 2 years. F'n annoying.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yup. That’s what I heard as well. Dave threw a fit and canceled the shows.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedtruckermf View Post
    Something tells me Covid wasn't the reason this cancelled. On another note, coming from TX to NV ( mask mandate) was like going back in time 2 years. F'n annoying.
    800 000 dead Americans so far.

It's become a balancing act between getting vaccinated, not being fat and old and the US should be doing better than it is but whatever.

Masks are worth 10-20%, it's vague because it's really difficult to measure. It's very very very unlikely I could give you COVID in an airport or casino because I have been vaccinated, boosted and had omicron a few weeks ago but I still wear a mask because I wouldn't want to make someone feel anxious. I always thought that Texans had a thing about being polite? None of this should be a political thing it's about being a good person especially when the variant is only going to kill not you but some person that is disabled by something else like being old or cancer. When did we start listening to prick politicians for medical advice?
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-07-2022 at 02:58 AM.

42. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (01-07-2022),ZahZoo (01-07-2022)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    There was a few years during Dave's rejoining VH in 2007... where they had somebody handling communications, scheduling and logistics keeping the general fan base informed. Even when EVH went off the rails during the 2007/8 tours. Then in late 2011 during the ADKOT release was an unprecedented time where the Dave/VH camp actually interacted with the fan sites more than ever. We got spoiled for a time...

Obviously the folks that made that greatness happen are no longer employed by the legends... that's crystal clear and a damn shame too!

I'm not buying the Dave threw a fit and cancelled crap... there's contract penalties and specific clauses for cancelling things like this.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    800 000 dead Americans so far.

I always thought that Texans had a thing about being polite? None of this should be a political thing it's about being a good person especially when the variant is only going to kill not you but some person that is disabled by something else like being old or cancer. When did we start listening to prick politicians for medical advice?
    slave SESH has obviously never been to Texas. Most, if not all people there have an collective I.Q. of a deer tick. Then those F A T stupid fucks move here and when politely asked to weak a god damn mask say, "Eee un't wurning nah face dipur." Then they go on to say some retarded shit about Obama.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Posted on Dave's Facebook timeline...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm not buying the Dave threw a fit and cancelled crap... there's contract penalties and specific clauses for cancelling things like this.
    Probably why tickets sales were refunded as soon a possible. If Dopey Dave holds no money for these cancellations then he owes no money to promoters, vendors, security, lighting and sound technicians. Then again who knows the actual details of the contract itself. With no apology on the horizon Douchey Dave simply washed his hands of these shows, told the most die hard of the die fans to go fuck themselves and simply went back to sleep.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Who knows what 40 years of being a rock star, all that coke and dope followed by 20 months of solitary in a big empty mansion does to someone's brain.

Maybe it would get you so that you think people are trying to kidnap you when you go out for a cycle. Then you go to Las Vegas to do shows under the spotlight of being past it?

Could make for a decent Cohen brothers movie...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dead and Co. fans got all the way to Cancun to find the shows had been cancelled

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...celed-1280779/

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

I'll bet Ted Cruz was heartbroken by that news.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Any show is obviously a gamble at the moment but if you book a single location and expect people to come to you then I think you owe them a bit more of an explanation because people will travel and you can't refund that.

51. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Any show is obviously a gamble at the moment but if you book a single location and expect people to come to you then I think you owe them a bit more of an explanation because people will travel and you can't refund that.
    ….and Sam and Mike will be playing Vegas in a few weeks. Dave ignores his fans and Sam smothers his to death self promoting himself on every medium he can get on and putting Gene Simmons to shame peddling Red Rocker, Cabo Wabo and Maui rum shit.

That’s one American fat fuck COVID should rid us of but we will never be that lucky. After the nuclear holocaust there will be cockroaches and Sammy Hagar.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-08-2022 at 02:30 AM.

53. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (01-09-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I'll bet Ted Cruz was heartbroken by that news.
    That Canadian carpetbagger came out of character too soon. Now he’s blown it. Not even the dumb fuck Texans will vote him back in. He’s Ted Lose now.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You know you have matured when you finally see your adolescent idols as lame fucks.

56. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

paltrowitz (01-08-2022),Terry (01-08-2022)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    That’s one American fat fuck COVID should rid us of but we will never be that lucky. After the nuclear holocaust there will be cockroaches and Sammy Hagar.
    Proof there is no God. Eddie Van Halen is dead and Sammy Hagar still walks the earth.

58. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (01-08-2022)

Thread Information