Thread: David Spade LA Times interview talks some DLR

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    10-14-2021 @ 10:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

David Spade LA Times interview talks some DLR

What do you think of David Spade in new LA Times interview pretty much saying that Roth would be "canceled" today in a #MeToo world. (LA Times Jan. 2, 2021, "David Spade knows he's not America's No.1 star. He's found other ways to survive")

He calls out Roth for his apparent "outrage" at how comics have treated women.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Here's the reference to Roth in context in the interview... I'm not sure context is correct word...

I have no idea where Spade is coming from as far as relevance and attributing it to Roth. DLR hasn't been holding "fuck as many girls as he can" contests in decades. It hasn't been in his performance schtick in years... that ship has sailed and sunk...

This summer, Chris D’Elia, Bryan Callen and Jeff Ross were all accused of sexual misconduct. (Ross has since filed a defamation suit against his accuser.) Do you think more male comics should be speaking out against this kind of behavior?

It is a touchy subject. I think everyone's scared to speak up and be canceled or say the wrong thing. If guys are doing something like that right now, get rid of them. If you’re still f— around and treating people super [poorly] or attacking women or saying "suck my d— and I’ll give you a job" and don’t think there’s any repercussions? This isn’t "Mad Men" anymore.

Why do you think this kind of behavior is seemingly rampant in the comedy world?

This is the weirdest place that this is all happening. Getting [oral sex] in the Belly Room? You would think the NBA — sports and side chicks. I’m sure the music world is super f— sketchy. I look at someone like David Lee Roth, and he’s having contests to f— as many girls as he can and that’s what you think goes on. Then you see David Lee Roth going, "I can’t believe what’s going on at the Comedy Store!" Comedy, of all places. I wasn’t really aware of all that craziness because I’m not a super club comic anymore. You walk in, see the set list and say, ‘Hey man, how’s the crowd?’ And that’s it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Thanked Diamondjimi for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (01-06-2021)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Here's the reference to Roth in context in the interview... I'm not sure context is correct word...

I have no idea where Spade is coming from as far as relevance and attributing it to Roth. DLR hasn't been holding "fuck as many girls as he can" contests in decades. It hasn't been in his performance schtick in years... that ship has sailed and sunk...
    DLR probably fucked his girlfriend.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

I think Spade is channeling his inner Guyblow, er, Shiloh here!

I think Roth is a poor choice for a "MeToo!" devil. I think Spade doesn't get that the MeToo movement was largely about women that were abused or coerced into relationships by men using their power and celebrity. There are plenty of actors, rockstars, comedians, etc. getting laid out there without being abusive towards women and Roth was certainly one of those guys. I can't recall any allegations lodged against DLR by women claiming he forced them or anything. Getting laid isn't the problem in MeToo as far as I know, the the Weinsteins, Epsteins, Spaceys, and Louis CKs thinking they can be abusive to women (and men) that want nothing to do with them because they are famous and protected...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

Spade...meh.

I was gonna ask "didn't Spade get beat up by a woman?" but I think he got tased by a woman, not beat up. I guess there is a difference.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    DLR probably fucked his girlfriend.
    Does Spade's girlfriend look like either an English Sheepdog or a hairless Asian male masseuse?

If the answer to both is no, then I tend to doubt it...

9. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-10-2021)

Thread Information