X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Super Bowl LV

They have become so fucking litigious I'm not even sure we are allowed to have a thread called this without giving them some cash... we'll see. Apparently they now even sue you for using the term 'The big game'.

Anyhoo despite knowing as much about the current form and personnel of the teams as your elderly aunt, I have had a spectacular run of 5 years now winning bets on the the Super Bowl. (soup please)

Usually I have a ridiculous set of criteria of who to support based on 'have I been to their city, and did I like it?', 'are they the underdog?'. 'are the owners even more cunty than average?' and so on, but this year I'm struggling.

So my question for you guys is who should the neutral support this year? Which team is the one the cool people want to win? Who is the least Patriots/Cowboys (no offence to fans of those teams I'm coming from a neutral point of view)'?
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-04-2021, 11:31 PM.
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I dunno. I haven't watched any games this season, and I gotta work Sunday night. All the commercials end up on YouTube anyways...

Part of me says go with KC, as they are defending champions. But then, Brady has been there before. Tough call...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm not asking who you think will win, more who you would like to if you aren't a fan of either.

I stay up each year in a little sad lonely tradition watching until 5am or whatever by myself. It's the only game I watch each year. It's kind of weird tbh...

Less or more weird in lockdown.

I see they are having 25 000 at the game which is insane but an interesting fucking experiment if nothing else.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'd go with KC. Maybe start a new dynasty. Usher Brady on his way out.

Stadium capacity is 65,890, they'll be spread out every third row or something. They're not gonna put rows of people elbow to elbow on national TV. The NFL took enough shit for even playing this season.

They could probably get away with a pre-recorded halftime show instead of rolling a huge stage out.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I was really hoping for a Seahawks - KC matchup this year, but that fell apart a few weeks ago....

Chiefs are still in it, and I can't stand Brady's Trump loving, cheating ass, so.... Go Mahomes, I guess.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

My prediction? Glad you asked. The Brady Bunch will win over the Apple Dumpling Gang. For one, it's in Brady's new Republican home town and two, he has the better team, not over all but he has the better team. Two, Mony Mony is still reeling from his head-fucked concussion and one more blow to his State Farm noggin and that overpaid fuck will be permanently disabled. He'll be another NFL dribbling causality like Joe Montana and Jim McMahon and Junior Seau who blew his fucking brains out because the NFL only likes you if you make lotsa money for them. About 9 to 11 years from now when Trump becomes emperor Mony Mony will blow his State Farm brains out like the good little hive mind NFL drone he truly is.

The score? Some boring 17 to 7 after enduring three quarters of the most boring shit on the planet of defenses too pussifed to tackle because they might catch the Trump AIDS disease. Fuck the NFL. And fuck you for wanting to watch that garbage.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              I was really hoping for a Seahawks - KC matchup this year, but that fell apart a few weeks ago....
              The Seacucks are burnt toast. Smith and the chronically chewing gum weirdo are losers. They prove it every season.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber

They could probably get away with a pre-recorded halftime show instead of rolling a huge stage out.
                The audio has been pre-recorded since Prince anyway...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually, Prince was in 2007. After that there was Tom Petty in 2008, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street band in 2009, and The Who in 2010.

They all played live. Tom & The Boss were both great shows. The Who probably SHOULD have used tapes, as they were horrible. And probably why no actual band has played the halftime show since then.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There aren't any actual bands left to play it. Maybe Foo Fighters, and with a new album coming out they could do next year's show.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's always Greta Van Fleet. Kristy would definitely watch that.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                        There's always Greta Van Fleet. Kristy would definitely watch that.
                        I just watched a Pro Shot Greta Van Fleet show that was filmed at Red Rocks, on YouTube. I'm pretty sure I saw Kristy in the front row.

By the way, I would recommend watching this show. It is very good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          There aren't any actual bands left to play it. Maybe Foo Fighters, and with a new album coming out they could do next year's show.
                          Now that you mention it, I'm surprised they haven't done it by now.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

If any band is to play on a NFL Stupidbowl halftime show it should be these guys

Trash for a trashy corporate greedy entity. Perfect for each other.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              I just watched a Pro Shot Greta Van Fleet show that was filmed at Red Rocks, on YouTube. I'm pretty sure I saw Kristy in the front row.

By the way, I would recommend watching this show. It is very good.
                              Funny you should mention that.... our old friend in the red suit posted that show on another board yesterday.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...