X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    Got my first shot of the Pfizer yesterday, at a FEMA-run vaccination site. Shot was administered by USAF personnel. Second shot of Pfizer in 3 weeks.

Took a couple of Advil when I got home as a precaution/in anticipation of possible nausea...no nausea. Mildly tired yesterday. No lagging tiredness today.

Was mildly surprised how quick it was in terms of the on-site traffic: was in and out of there in less than a half hour. Am assuming some of that had to do with it being Easter.
    It's the second shot that gets you. Still better than dying on a ventilator...

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      It's the second shot that gets you. Still better than dying on a ventilator...
      Well, if the mark of success these days is not dying on a ventilator, I am currently hurtling the lowered bar...
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        Frankly, even after this virus passes...I'll kinda miss not wearing a mask and having people socially distanced from me: people smell and I don't particularly want them up in my grill, anyway.
        I like going to bars, but paradoxically I really like the plastic partitions between sections of seats and hope they stay...

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Still haven't got mine right up the old shit shooter. Gee, thanks Obama.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

After months of being told "no appointments" available everywhere I looked, there are suddenly openings all over the place here in Cascadia. So it looks like I'll probably get a shot on Friday. Got two appointments scheduled already. Just a matter of which one to keep. Know for a fact one of them is the Johnson & Johnson. Tempted to go with that, since I would only have to deal with one needle. The other one is two shot, but I can't seem to find any clarification as to whether it's the Pfizer or the Moderna. I'm really trying to NOT get the Moderna, given the track record of reactions to the second shot. As opposed to the Pfizer, which seems to be very mild reaction by comparison. Seems to be a lot of conflicting info going around as to the efficacy of the MRNA shots vs the "traditional" vaccine approach of the J&J, or which ones might be better protection against the "newer" variants of the virus which have popped up after the vaccines were created.

Either one would probably keep COVID from killing me, or making me wish I were dead, which is obviously the most important factor. Oh well.... I still have another 46 hours or so to debate this before committing to one needle or the other being jammed into my arm, so off to research this shit some more.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I took the Johnson & Johnson one. No big deal.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

That’s exactly why I took the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It wasn’t rushed out because they did better testing on it. Also the politicians and media don’t push it as hard as Moderna or Pfizer indicating there’s less payola involved. Remember the vaccine companies are completely covered legally meaning they can’t be sued if they damage you. Also there is a ton of money to be made in vaccines. More money made with two shots than one.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

We're not offered a choice of vaccines... the distribution managed by the state has Pfizer going to the major population centers based on cold storage capabilities and Moderna going to the rural and less population areas who don't have the cold storage available.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

No choice here apart from you could reschedule and wait to see if what you were offered changed,

I got Moderna which was a little surprising as the UK have bought far more of some of the other vaccines. FORD's video is important to show that it probably doesn't matter much at all what vaccine you get just get one as soon as you can. We are very lucky to be getting just now compared to many people on the planet,

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

A lot of issues now popping up with the J&J.

I got the Moderna. No issues at all.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Scheduled for my first shot next week...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Pfizer shot 1 completed. Arm slighly sore but nothing compared to the tendonits in the other shoulder, so if that's as bad as it gets, I'm OK with it.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I had to get a bunch of shots before a tour of South America. Man was I sick after getting them.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                A lot of issues now popping up with the J&J.

I got the Moderna. No issues at all.
                                I got the J & J shot and no problems so far.

Comment

Working...