Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Post SAMMY HAGAR SLAMS DAVID LEE ROTH’s "BULLSHIT" STAGE PERSONA

SAMMY HAGAR SLAMS DAVID LEE ROTH’s ‘BULLSHIT‘ STAGE PERSONA
    Ultimate Classic Rock, Brian Rolli, June 29, 2021
    http://www.ultimateclassicrock.com/s...stage-persona/

Sammy Hagar minced no words while discussing his Van Halen predecessor David Lee Roth in a new interview, saying Roth's voice "hasn't aged well" and accusing the singer of "pretending" with his "totally bullshit" stage persona.

Hagar took his jabs at Roth during an interview with Brazilian internet show Inside With Paulo Baron. Discussing the differences between the two frontmen, Hagar said of Roth, “He’s a real character. He's a showman. He's all show. I enjoy him. But you talk about cringing. I can't imagine how he feels when he looks at some of them old videos, the way he was dancing and moving, and the way he was singing live sometimes. I don't know how he feels about all that, but I don't think he cares. The difference between him and I [is] I sincerely care. What is important to me is enlightening and elevating people spiritually and making them happy and making them have big dreams, making them want to be better themselves. And my goal with everything I do is to bring that to people and change their life, if I can. I don't think [Roth] cares about anything like that. And that's the difference between our presence. He's very much into himself, very much into being a showman and doesn't really care. I don't know what he cares about, I really don't. I don't know him. I have no idea who that guy is. I don't think anyone does. But he entertains me. I enjoy watching him do stupid shit."

When asked what he thinks when he sees Roth on TV, Hagar said, "He's not what he's saying he is; he's pretending. He's totally bullshit. Everything he does is thought up and it's an image. It's nothing to do with who he is; he is not exposing who and what he is."

Hagar said he saw Roth's true colors when the two frontmen teamed up for their disastrous 2002 co-headlining tour, Song for Song, the Heavyweight Champs of Rock and Roll. Tensions rose throughout the calamitous trek, with both singers dissing each other in the press and avoiding each other backstage. In his 2011 rotten cunt book Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock, Hagar accused Roth of consistently ducking his requests to join him onstage for a few songs.

"When we did our tour together, I thought it was gonna be so much fun," Hagar told Baron. "I thought, 'If he's anything like he claims to be, we're gonna have a good time.' But he wasn't. He was the worst guy to be around. He wasn't ever around. He hides out. You never see him. He puts on this whole big front and comes out: 'I'm here! David Lee Roth is here!' And then he goes and hides again. Very strange. I don't think he's happy. He's never been married, never had a relationship, never had children. It's, like, man, how do you live like that? I don't know. I'm a family man. And I love women. I love women and children." When cohost Regis Tadeu said it was "so sad" to see Roth in his current state, Hagar responded, "He hasn't aged well, his voice. I don't know. It's hard."

In the same interview, Hagar also apologized for exposing the depths of Eddie Van Halen’s alcoholism in his book. While Hagar insisted that the account is “all true,” he also said, “If I wrote the book today, I would only put the good of Eddie Van Halen, because he was such a brilliant, genius guitar player and such a great friend and a great partner — until everything went wrong, like everything else.”

Hagar added that he "[wants] Van Halen to go down as one of the greatest rock bands of all time," including both his and Roth's eras. (He did not mention his short-lived successor, Gary Cherone, who sang on 1998's Van Halen III.) "I want Eddie to be the legend and get the respect that he deserves, and the only way to preserve that is by being kind about the past. ... God rest his soul. He brought a lot to this planet, to this business of rock 'n' roll, Eddie Van Halen did. And Dave was a part of it. It's too bad what he's become. But that's different. That's not Van Halen anymore."

RIKK: Seriously, the dude never shuts the fuck up. It seems like every single month, he has some other variation of something he wants to say about Eddie. He acts as if he was actually in that hospital room. Dude had, as he describes it, tons of phone conversations with Eddie. It keeps increasing every month. Yet, he had no idea that it was reaching the end? And you know what? I don't really care about that. What's twisted about it is that he never shuts up...he's treating Eddie's death as the greatest opportunity he's had in decades to get solid press. Dave has kept his trap shut. He hasn't sought out every opportunity under the sun to talk about losing Eddie. And Dave was the one still in the fucking band!! But Sammy needs to, at this point in their lives, start the Sam vs. Dave shit again?? FUCK YOU, SAMMY!!! I fucking hate you, you sack of shit and cheese, mixed together.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 2 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (06-30-2021),Romeo Delight (07-08-2021)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

If you can stomach the music, go look up recent Hagar clips on YouTube. He has NO business talking about someone else's voice.

The difference between him and I [is] I sincerely care. What is important to me is enlightening and elevating people spiritually and making them happy and making them have big dreams, making them want to be better themselves. And my goal with everything I do is to bring that to people and change their life, if I can.
    So now Hagar is a motivational speaker, which is a completely different kind of bullshit asshole, but a bullshit asshole none the less.

"I sincerely care." From the same guy who says "I don't need the money" and charges more for a ticket than a Motown legend playing the same room. Fuck this guy!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. 3 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Never was (06-30-2021),Nickdfresh (06-30-2021),Rikk (06-29-2021)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    If you can stomach the music, go look up recent Hagar clips on YouTube. He has NO business talking about someone else's voice.
    Bingo.

So now Hagar is a motivational speaker, which is a completely different kind of bullshit asshole, but a bullshit asshole none the less.
    Seriously. The idiot STILL doesn't get that his DREAMS lyrics were embarrassing in 1986...let alone now...that singing about being inspired without actually writing lyrics that are inspiring in a literary manner is a sure sign of someone without anything real to say.

Dave never wrote a song (that I recall) about the city of Amsterdam. But if he had, I guarantee you that it would be a strange story involving midgets, a city sunrise and enjoying an early morning coffee with Rembrandt, or something like that. Hagar picks the topic and sings about the fact that he can get weed there. That's it. That sums it all up.

The fucking Tony Robbins of rock 'n' roll.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,285 Times in 4,714 Posts

Who the fuck does Sammy think he's ever "inspired" to do fucking anything??

Unless you count all the ridiculous hair bands in the late 80s who were "challenged" to write cheese ballads that were worse than the Van Hagar cheese ballads. I'm sure Bret Michaels and that douchbag from Slaughter are forever grateful for Sammy's inspiration.

7. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Never was (06-30-2021)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

He is one of those people that thinks he is smarter than the audience when he is really not much of the time.

Guess what Hagar starting each sentence with Roth is brilliant I really like him but he is a talentless cunt is not some brilliant Jedi mind trick.

"Hagar said he saw Roth's true colors when the two frontmen teamed up for their disastrous 2002 co-headlining tour, Song for Song, the Heavyweight Champs of Rock and Roll."

How was it disastrous?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Hagar did bring up an element that I have questioned for years... Who is Dave when he's not acting as an entertainer "in character" ..?

There's been some glimpses of it peppered in with the staged video antics... some photos and a few tid-bits in some of the lengthier podcasts/interviews. But for someone who's been a "public" figure for 50 years... it's amazing how little is known outside of the stage and bright lights.

10. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (06-30-2021)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Unfortunately, it would seem Clichegar is pretty much right about DLR. I've been saying on these sites for years, that Dave is playing a character on stage. No different than an actor playing a role. The DLR on stage, isn't the same DLR off stage. Dave is a strange dude, no doubt about it. But the one undeniable fact is, Dave is a smart motherfucker. He may be eccentric. He may be crazy. He may be a loner. He may be a lot of things. But who cares? Whatever he is, it translated well to his profession of being a rock star. His song writing is stellar, for the most part. Ted Templeman has verified in writing that Van Halen wouldn't have been Van halen, without David Lee Roth. I believe Clichegar is jealous of Dave, because Dave doesn't conform to anyone, but himself. Roth's people pleasing is reserved for the stage. He doesn't feel the need to be that guy off the stage. Clichegar does, because he obviously feels inferior. And he is.

I started this diatribe with "Unfortunately", only because it seems to be unfortunate in the sense that DLR probably doesn't give one fuck about people.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sam is a talented promoter and opportunist thats it. Shitty human, and artist.

Nice he both claims to not know a guy but then bad mouth him personally. Do you know him or not? Funny Wolf who actually was in a band with Dave had good things to say about him but yeah Sam knows better.
    Not everyone lives their life publicly just because they are an artist, hard for Sam to comprehend as everything is an opportunity to transact for him. What an insecure second wife bullshit, give it up Sam if you had never stood on the stage Dave helped build you would be another Billy Squier in the history of rock. 70's is a tough age to try to grow up but try it Sam

13. Thanked Never was for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (06-30-2021)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

"I sincerely care." From the same guy who says "I don't need the money" and charges more for a ticket than a Motown legend playing the same room. Fuck this guy!
    100% correct!

While DLR is probably a weird dude that is unrelatable on many levels, does Sam really think he is any sort of a counterpoint or different in that regard? I wanted to punch that fat fuck in his big alcoholic raspberry-red nose after reading this last night...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-30-2021 at 08:07 PM.

15. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (06-30-2021)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"When we did our tour together, I thought it was gonna be so much fun," Hagar told Baron. "I thought, 'If he's anything like he claims to be, we're gonna have a good time.' But he wasn't. He was the worst guy to be around. He wasn't ever around. He hides out. You never see him. He puts on this whole big front and comes out: 'I'm here! David Lee Roth is here!' And then he goes and hides again. Very strange.
    No Sam, it isn't "very strange" at all. You're a terminally uncool loser no one with any sort of taste or savvy wants to be around...

I don't think he's happy. He's never been married, never had a relationship, never had children. It's, like, man, how do you live like that? I don't know. I'm a family man. And I love women. I love women and children." ...
    Says the jerkoff that kicked his first wife to the curb when she "expired" and traded her in for a younger, poolboy blowing, Karen-model replicunt...

Gee Sam, remember that VH1 VH special where you bragged that during the Monsters of Cock, you had a little tent room under the stage where you banged groupies during the EVH solo? Gee, how was stealing that one from the much earlier Def Leppard "Behind the Music" feel? I mean I am pretty sure Hysteria era Def Leppard got laid a lot and actually did bang lots of girls under the stage. While I am sure you got laid despite yourself while in Van Halen, don't pretend you held a candle to Roth or Joe Elliot for that matter. Just another part of your shitty career where you cop other artists styles because you really have none of your own you uncreative, boring cunt! Family man, huh?
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-30-2021 at 08:18 PM.

17. 3 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (06-30-2021),Seshmeister (07-01-2021),Von Halen (07-01-2021)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    big alcoholic raspberry-red nose
    That, my friend, may be the best band name I've ever heard.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... B.A.R.R.N.!!!! THE BIG ALCOHOLIC RASPBERRY-RED NOSE!!!"

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post

When asked what he thinks when he sees Roth on TV, Hagar said, "He's not what he's saying he is; he's pretending. He's totally bullshit. Everything he does is thought up and it's an image. It's nothing to do with who he is; he is not exposing who and what he is."

Oh.My.GAWWWD!

I haven't been this upset since Dr. Noah Drake told me the baby is his.

"It's going to be a mutant, too."

I have given up on you cretins. Who the fuck cares what some S P A M filled and fucked aging rock star says about a another aging hack rock star who now paints cartoons from serial killer crawl space in his attic? S P A M M Y is all about exposing himself so what's the real deal here?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well.... Sammy did write one of Dr. Drake's top 40 hits.....

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I have given up on you cretins. Who the fuck cares what some S P A M filled and fucked aging rock star says about a another aging hack rock star who now paints cartoons from serial killer crawl space in his attic? S P A M M Y is all about exposing himself so what's the real deal here?
    Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. I sure know that if I hadn't been laid in 3432 days, I'd also wonder what I could do to end this National Record of Gunt Rot and not be distracted posting at a forum based on aging rock stars.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh please, posting soap opera material from a dead music press especially over the likes of S P A M M Y makes you look like the incel you truly are.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Kristy, I'll be coming to Red Rocks at the end of next July for a concert. By my calculations that'll be about 3,827 days since you last got laid. Would you like me to blow the cobwebs off that thing while I'm in town? I'd love to have the honor of resetting the timer to zero for you.

24. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (07-02-2021)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Your redneck domestic terrorism is not welcome in Colorado.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Kristy, I'll be coming to Red Rocks at the end of next July for a concert. By my calculations that'll be about 3,827 days since you last got laid. Would you like me to blow the cobwebs off that thing while I'm in town? I'd love to have the honor of resetting the timer to zero for you.
    That's very generous of you. It would be very uplifting to see the timer set to zero. On the outside, she's defiant and referring to your "redneck domestic terrorism"...but on the inside, she's beaming. "They like me! They really like me!"

27. 2 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (07-02-2021),ZahZoo (07-02-2021)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    A sword fight is gonna break out!

29. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (07-02-2021),Von Halen (07-02-2021)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And my goal with everything I do is to bring that to people and change their life, if I can.
    Everything? Does that include selling his alcohol?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Sam is an attention whore. Most people would disappear and enjoy the money. Yeah and some musicians love performing and making music so much they keep going. But there’s a difference between touring and even promotion and whoring. Hagar is still up everyone’s ass. You turn on the radio and his show is on. Sam is always in the press saying some dumb shit basically trying to remind us he was in Van Halen and promoting his Cabo Wabo brand.

The last I ever heard Eddie Van Halen say anything about Sam is he called Sam the litte red worm. Sam is just jealous Dave came back and had one last tour with Ed and the Roth era of VH is everyone’s favorite. Sam is basically famous for hanging with cheesey celebrity chefs, tequila and I can’t drive 55. Sam is a has been or a never was and he knows it so he says stupid shit to get some press coverage.

32. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (07-02-2021)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sam is like using a highway cone for a butt plug. The more you take in the more it hurts and it’s lame as hell and no point to it. Best to leave it alone.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Everything? Does that include selling his alcohol?
    I'd have to say definitely his alcohol... he did say "change lives"... not to be cuntfused with improving lives.

Alcoholism, liver damage, DUI's, alcohol induced crimes, etc... all that shit changes lives without a doubt...

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Spammy taking shots at Dave in 2021. Bahahahaha!

What an ass clown.

He is a pathetic scumbag.

36. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (07-02-2021)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Sam is an attention whore. Most people would disappear and enjoy the money. Yeah and some musicians love performing and making music so much they keep going. But there’s a difference between touring and even promotion and whoring. Hagar is still up everyone’s ass. You turn on the radio and his show is on. Sam is always in the press saying some dumb shit basically trying to remind us he was in Van Halen and promoting his Cabo Wabo brand.

The last I ever heard Eddie Van Halen say anything about Sam is he called Sam the litte red worm. Sam is just jealous Dave came back and had one last tour with Ed and the Roth era of VH is everyone’s favorite. Sam is basically famous for hanging with cheesey celebrity chefs, tequila and I can’t drive 55. Sam is a has been or a never was and he knows it so he says stupid shit to get some press coverage.
    Agreed.

He can't seem to let it go. Even in the wake of Eddie's death.

He is incredibly insecure (and always was) about his place in the band. The fact that Van Hagar sold less, even gets less streaming numbers than CVH these days - he can't handle it.

Yet he should. He made millions in Van Hagar. But perhaps he realizes deep down that he owes majority of his fame to DLR. Cause we know without Dave leaving in the first place Spammy would've been relegated to playing hotel ballrooms or high school gymnasiums.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I'd have to say definitely his alcohol... he did say "change lives"... not to be cuntfused with improving lives.

Alcoholism, liver damage, DUI's, alcohol induced crimes, etc... all that shit changes lives without a doubt...
    Not too mention paying slave wages at this shitty Cabo Slobbo cantinas. But you're all for slave wages so you can enjoy your shitty box of Cheerios at a fucking Walmart

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    That's very generous of you. It would be very uplifting to see the timer set to zero. On the outside, she's defiant and referring to your "redneck domestic terrorism"...but on the inside, she's beaming. "They like me! They really like me!"

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Spammy taking shots at Dave in 2021. Bahahahaha!
    Yeah, but that's who Sam seems to be these days (and will probably be forever) - always punching up.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sam needs to learn the best revenge is living well. Sam has lots of money. Go enjoy it Sam and shut up. Life ain’t fair and for some reason a mediocre talent like you got in one of the world’s greatest bands and you made your scratch. Do you really think Cabo Wabo would have gone anywhere without you being on the VH platform to promote it? You were lucky and Lady Luck squirted across the room for ya. Go disappear and enjoy it because we are tired of you and find you very annoying. So you still hate Dave. If you want revenge go enjoy your spoils.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Sam needs to learn the best revenge is living well. Sam has lots of money. Go enjoy it Sam and shut up. Life ain’t fair and for some reason a mediocre talent like you got in one of the world’s greatest bands and you made your scratch. Do you really think Cabo Wabo would have gone anywhere without you being on the VH platform to promote it? You were lucky and Lady Luck squirted across the room for ya. Go disappear and enjoy it because we are tired of you and find you very annoying. So you still hate Dave. If you want revenge go enjoy your spoils.
    Exactly.

He's an attention-whore...like some cunt who hasn't been laid in 3433 days.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sam whoring his tequila would almost be rational on some level. but he sold his Cabo shares a while back unless he reupped or has a new one. Sam is a weirdo that chafes that he is not taken seriously as a musician. Nobody gives a fuck about his pre-Van Hagar solo career and he is hardly played on album rock stations outside of Van Halen and "I Cun't Drive (a 5-speed manual transmission)"...

There is something much weirder with is whoredom and pandering...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Exactly.

He's an attention-whore...like some cunt who hasn't been laid in 3433 days.
    Hey! Don't bring your mother into this.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post

He can't seem to let it go. Even in the wake of Eddie's death.
    Eddie was S P A M M Y' S cash cow. All S P A M M Y had to do was write cheesy pop ballad high school lyrics and let Eddie do all the heavy lifting. That ain't working, it's money for mediocrity and dicks for free.

46. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (07-03-2021)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Sam whoring his tequila would almost be rational on some level. but he sold his Cabo shares a while back unless he reupped or has a new one.

He sold the tequila company, but now he's whoring rum...

http://www.sammysbeachbarrum.com/

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Hey! Don't bring your mother into this.
    I think I love you.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And Sam's "authentic" stage persona he stole from Jimmy Buffett? The drunken boomer vacation soulless motif blended with bad, uncreative music that appeals to old white people...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    David Lee Roth volunteered as a EMT for I think five years in NYC. Volunteering meaning he didn’t get paid for his services. What does Sam volunteer for? Also Dave is quiet about what he donates. If Sam donated anything he would be up our asses telling us what a charitable human being he is.

51. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (07-04-2021)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    He sold the tequila company, but now he's whoring rum...

http://www.sammysbeachbarrum.com/
    He sold his tequila brand but he still owns the Cabo Wabo clubs. He pimps it all but rum is fitting for Sam. He’s a pirate.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,491 Posts

Blog Entries
    Hagar's gibberish about how his approach to rock music is about enlightening people's lives spiritually...I mean, doubtless Hagar believes this. Maybe the people who show up to Hagar's shows these days do, in fact, find Hagar's lyrics to be meaningful...maybe they found Hagar's lyrics to the Van Halen tunes he wrote were also meaningful. I suppose there is no accounting for tastes in terms of Hagar's fans and whatever it is they see in his brand of rock.

Hagar now claiming he wouldn't have written the book he had re: Eddie's drug issues during the 2003-2004 period smacks of the same bullshit Hagar pulled after the 2004 tour ended and [Hagar] claimed he wouldn't have done the tour considering the shape Eddie was in if not for the potential breach of contract. That whole excuse falls apart when one read that Hagar was fully aware of Eddie's condition before the contract was even signed. Hagar admittedly signed the contract assuming Eddie would clean up before the tour. Eddie didn't. The performances sucked. Hagar took the money anyway, then cashed in again by writing about all of it several years later in an attempt to lay the blame for the underwhelming tour at Eddie's feet. And you know what? Eddie probably did deserve the majority of the blame for how poor the performances were: from what I saw and heard, Eddie was the one who was fucking up onstage. The same still holds true for the Van Halen show I saw in 2008: the show wasn't what it could have been because Eddie visibly and audibly wasn't in a condition to give his best. That's still as true now after Eddie's passing as it was back then, and is just as true now as it was in 2004. That Hagar has regrets for writing what he did about the 2004 tour probably has more to do with the reality that Eddie didn't want much to do with Hagar in terms of another Van Hagar tour: that 2019 Sam and Dave tour was a pipe dream at best, given what we now know about Eddie's declining health (never mind what the odds were that Dave would have signed onto such a tour after having completed three tours fronting Van Halen Mach 4).

In terms of what Hagar said regarding Roth, none of it is really new in any sense. Hagar has expressed virtually all of those sentiments near verbatim in various past interviews. In terms of where Dave is at these days, I can't disagree in a general sense at least in terms of performances. From the 2020 Vegas shows to the opening slot on the 2020 KISS tour, Dave fronting a hard rock combo trying to recreate the Van Halen experience...for me, it is embarrassing to see and hear, because I can remember back to when Roth was at his zenith and could pull it all off. Even in terms of the 2008 show I saw (where Roth was excellent) and the 2012 show I saw (where Roth barely scraped by in terms of being passable), Roth these days just doesn't have what it takes vocally and his onstage patter and mannerisms come off more strange than cool to me. I will say I have enjoyed the more recent studio stuff Roth has done that has leaked out. I'd like to hear more stuff along those lines. Dave doing his 90 or 40 or however many minutes playing Van Halen tunes...Dave's just past it. That Hagar can't cut it onstage in terms of HIS singing these days doesn't make that any less true for me in terms of Dave being in the same boat.

Doubtless Hagar is going to be asked questions about Van Halen and David Lee Roth in every interview he ever does going forward. Honestly, those two subjects are about the only ones of interest the general public has re: Hagar. Doubtless Hagar's responses to those questions are the responses that will be highlighted. Hagar does have the option not to answer them, although seemingly Hagar can't seem to avoid rising to the bait...it seems a bit lame after all these years that the same old Sam vs. Dave angle is asked in every interview. It seems just as (if not more) lame that Hagar still seemingly gives enough of a shit to keep answering them: if Hagar really didn't give a shit about the Roth comparisons, one would think he'd just not even bother making them, regardless of whatever angle the interviewers have in terms of stirring up the same 35 year old sludge. I guess that sludge is...what? More interesting than whatever The Circle are currently doing?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think I love you.
    The parallels with the content of this thread are uncanny...

55. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (07-04-2021)

Thread Information