X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I can only think of 3 gigs in my long life I've walked out on for them just being bland and lame, Hagar, Loverboy and Def Leppard.
    Ha! Ha!
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Another case in point: this is exactly why both slave SESH and slave FORD will never ever amount to anything culturally. They both live in a bubble of monoculturism and suburban sterility.

Albums of 1981 they never heard of:

New Musik - Anywhere
      The Goat That Went "OM" - Can't Stop It
      Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth
      Tuxedomoon- Desire
      Bauhaus - Mask
      A Certain Radio - Early
      The Gist - Embrace The Heard
      The Necessaries - Event Horizon
      The Sound - From The Lion's Mouth
      The Raybeats - Guitar Beat
      Romeo Void - It's a Condition
      Durutti Column - LC
      The DB's - Like This
      Bush Tetras - Rituals
      Gang of Four - Solid Gold
      Martha & The Muffins - This is The Ice Age

And do you know why they never heard of them? Because they are readers (and subscribers) of Tiger Beat Magazine, that's why.

And...

Their lives are so boring they never do drugs. Now in August I'm planning on doing a lot more drugs, heavier drugs that will most likely land my F A T in the E.R. and revisiting these records (all which I have on the original vinyl) all from 1981 and all of them sound fucking great. All of you wish you were 1/1000 as cool as me. So yeah, fuck your corporate rock hippie shit and get wasted. I'm going to take some shit masturbate to my 1981 Kim Wild fantasy (not the 2021 versh of Kimmey because she's old and gross) because that's around the time her acne cleared up.

Don't talk shop, finger pop

Enjoy

Ha! I saw Romeo Void in the day. Unless you got picked up by a label like IRS and got put on the road with a headlining band or got some radio play because a DJ in a major market saw you, you just don’t break in the US. There was some good stuff though that never got the break.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The drinking age was 19 in 81. If you had a good fake ID and could pass yourself off as a college student you could get into the bars and clubs. Fun times.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Romeo Void was a great band back in the day. Their drummer, Aaron Smith, was also in another band (the 77s) who were even better.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

For sure. Bands like Romeo Void were people who just got together and jammed. In those days the local DJ’s had a lot of say on what got played. Many radio stations were locally owned. Nothing did more damage artistically, socially and politically than having the media bought up and consolidated. That’s why everything is propaganda now.

Break it all up and go back to locally owned media and it gets better again. The internet even got pigeonholed with social media. It was better when you had websites ran by individuals who policed their own forums.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Don't care. Point being I'm way cooler than all of you.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

And Romeo Void had an outstanding sax player

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

And this still kicks ass (dark humor and all):

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    And Romeo Void had an outstanding sax player

The sax was spice on the rice.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Dave has the legacy and Sam is known to be the replacement. The Red Rocker is about as memorable as Loverboy. Even with all his scratch Sam can’t buy being a legendary frontman but Sam will go to his grave trying to invade our space reminding us he once sang for Van Halen.
                      ... someone else's grave, even.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• wolfsbane
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I can only think of 3 gigs in my long life I've walked out on for them just being bland and lame, Hagar, Loverboy and Def Leppard.
                        I never went to any of these shows.

I thought Def Leppard's High 'n' Dry was awesome when it came out. Pyromania turned me off. Can't believe that drunk streetfighter was kicked out of the band.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The final straw was 8 songs in when they did an acoustic version of 'Two Steps Behind' which apparently is from Analize or one of those other later albums no one likes.

I had to look it up, ironically they did play High and Dry prior to that.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Completely old-fashioned, but masterful. The Stray Cats' first album was fucking great.

141273538_1_92.jpg

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

The 1982 release US of that album (which was called Built for Speed) fucked it all up though. Greedy fuckers at EMI

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

They celebrated their 40th anniversary in 2019 with a world tour and a new album, both very good. These guys are real top notches.

Comment

Working...