X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    I hope Gibbons will consider the band is done and not try to find any replacement bassist.
    For what it's worth...

Dusty Hill Insisted ZZ Top Not Break Up Following His Death
    The death of longtime bassist Dusty Hill won't result in the breakup of ZZ Top, Billy Gibbons explained in July 2021.
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Thanks for that record deal, Keef!

Not that the Stones were directly involved.....

But as it happens, London Records was a relatively small, obscure label which issued mostly classical music before they signed a little British band called The Rolling Stones in 1964.

In 1970, the Stones handed in their 2nd live album, "Get Your Ya Yas Out" and then served notice that they were starting their own label.

London needed a new band to keep the label going. Keeping it in the blues rock tradition of the Stones would be a big plus. Enter in the "little ol' band from Texas".... and the rest is history.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

What up FORD COUNTRY?!?!

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Not that the Stones were directly involved.....

But as it happens, London Records was a relatively small, obscure label which issued mostly classical music before they signed a little British band called The Rolling Stones in 1964.

In 1970, the Stones handed in their 2nd live album, "Get Your Ya Yas Out" and then served notice that they were starting their own label.

London needed a new band to keep the label going. Keeping it in the blues rock tradition of the Stones would be a big plus. Enter in the "little ol' band from Texas".... and the rest is history.
          Ghey. They turned around and sued that label.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            Very sad. ZZ TOP has been such a monument for so long...

I hope Gibbons will consider the band is done and not try to find any replacement bassist.
            The Gibfarter has a fledgling solo career that has been going on for over 10 years or so. He released a couple of really bad albums followed by some sad solo tours. Shitbons knows his bread and butter was with the Top and he always returned to it knowing how burnt out he was of playing dog turds like La Grunge and Carp Dressed Tan. Who knows? Sometimes Jeff Beck would suck his Texan cock on stage but about it, really. It's what Dave Grohl thinks that matters.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Is it though?

Is that not missing out on a very important moment?

Something I ponder sometimes...
              I don't know... once you're dead, I believe the importance of a lot moments and other things pretty much cease... especially your ability to sit back and savor those precious moments. But... who the hell knows..?
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Once you die your body shuts down metabolically and cells the regenerate your miserable existence cease to function and your piece of shit F A T body becomes marketable to be food for worms and numerous insects and birds depending how and where you die. There is no afterlife, no 72 virgins; no being a corpse pussy magnet, no G.E. Sus, no old white dude with a beard who'll suck your dick if you voted Trump. NOTHING. I still say F A T Dusty Hill was an anti-vaxxer brain dead Texan and the Putin/Trump AIDS virus killed him that he probably contracted on this tour. Right? He seemed fine before that.

So there you have it.

Comment

Working...