David Lee Roth appearence at 2021 MTV VMA.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondclaudio
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

David Lee Roth appearence at 2021 MTV VMA.

• ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Short interview with Dave... mentions Edward, New Years and speaking with Alex...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm not absolutely sure that Eddie Van Halen would have wanted his legacy to be 'David Lee Roth's guitarist'.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Getting a lot of mileage out of that vest
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• nick500
          Groupie
          • Jul 2019

I think it's just a slip of the tongue to set up what he wanted to say about Ed and heaven.
          Would have been better if he said "my friend and fellow band member" .
          That is one thing they did have in common was a good sense of humour.
          At least he's starting to talk about Ed.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I'm not absolutely sure that Eddie Van Halen would have wanted his legacy to be 'David Lee Roth's guitarist'.
            He's a fucking idiot.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I'll admit Dave looks good for his age. Too bad he's still a fucking idiot. There is absolutely nothing "rocking" about Salt Lake City

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah that was an asshole comment from Dave...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So soon after the death of Charlie Watts when the infamous story of him and his reaction being Jagger's drummer has been everywhere?

It's very clear that Dave always has at least a few minutes of soundbite time prepared in advance...

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Tomorrow on Blabbermouth:

"WOLFGANG VAN HALEN Says EDDIE VAN HALEN Wasn't DAVID LEE ROTH'S Guitar Player, ROTH Was EDDIE VAN HALEN'S singer!"
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Probably. Wolfgang doesn't seem to be too good at letting things just wash over him on social media.

I suppose at least Dave didn't say 'One of my guitarists'...

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

I tend to doubt there was any ulterior subtext in Roth's comment in terms of him thinking Eddie was his guitarist out of a sense of superiority over Eddie on Dave's part.

Dave was just doing his typical coke-babble interview patter. I doubt he was putting much (if any) thought into what he was saying.

It took way too long, but in the end Roth and Eddie realized they needed each other in order to play to large crowds. Could it be that each of them thought he was the main reason Van Halen became successful, more so than the other? Maybe. Whatever the case, clearly Roth and Eddie were at their best when they were in the same band.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

So soon after the death of Charlie Watts when the infamous story of him and his reaction being Jagger's drummer has been everywhere?

It's very clear that Dave always has at least a few minutes of soundbite time prepared in advance...
                          I'd wondered if Roth might have plagiarized the Stones story when I heard him make that comment...

Comment

• nick500
                            Groupie
                            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            I'd wondered if Roth might have plagiarized the Stones story when I heard him make that comment...
                            My brother thought the same thing, that Dave was making a sort of joke about the Watts story.
                            Who knows. They asked about "new music" and then he spoke about Ed.

Comment

• wolfsbane
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2005

I did not hear anything derogatory in his voice about EVH. Also, he referred to him in the present tense.

Change of subject. Very little new music has come out of this guy. Why can Iron Maiden put out a new album every 2 years, but I am waiting for an album made 11 years ago that is not released? Dave's schtick, for me, is only palatable as PR for his product, which is music. It has been too long since he has made some.

Comment

Working...