X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolfsbane View Post
    This may not be his final set of "Last Shows."
    Yes and Dave said as much in his Tweet today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Never was View Post
      Dave named em, rose to their peak w Dave, and ended with Dave.

Sammy Hagar was nothing but cheesy shitty noise played in the lobby during intermission.
      Now that shit has aged into a bitter second wife getting hit in the face with the reality of their irrelevance
      I find it is poetic justice that Hagar went ahead with that 2004 tour knowing how fucked up Ed was, took the money, waited 4 years, took some more money to tell his story about how him doing the 2004 tour knowing how fucked up Ed was and taking the money wasn't his fault, then got to sit back and watch Dave rejoin the band and go onto three financially/commercially successful tours with Van Halen in 10,000 seater + venues while Hagar was relegated to playing much smaller venues with The Circle.

To top it all off, Hagar started repeatedly making louder and louder public noises in the press and on social media about how he was up for another Van Halen tour, and then Eddie passed away and now the lasting memory of Roth is that he started the band with the Van Halens and ended the band with the Van Halens, with by far more albums sold than Hagar's time with the group and people by and large considering Roth's time with the group THE definitive Van Halen music. And the lasting memory of Hagar is he came into the band after it was already successful, helped steer the band into shitty ballad terrain, sold half the records that had been sold with Dave and ended his stint with the band doing a shitty tour most folks consider the low point of Van Halen's career (even including the Cherone period).
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• I still hear "Right now" as a regular sports stadium staple and others such as "Finish What Ya Started" and "Why Can't this be Love" on classic rock radio. They're not going anywhere. Your average fan (what's left of them) doesn't care about the singer drama if they even know about it. It's normal for Hagar and his band to be playing smaller venues at this point. No shame in that. He really has nothing left to prove to anyone. He's done it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
          So...you're saying I'm boring?

The last time I saw Dave live was with VH in 2015. I have no desire to see him otherwise. My first memory of seeing him live is with VH, my last memory seeing him live, will be with VH.
          Dave doesn’t owe me a thing. I saw him first in 1980 and every tour he did with VH after that. I’m not going to give anyone any shit because they got old and their body doesn’t do what it used to. Shit. Dave is in shape. The average person his age is a tub of aged lard with three chins.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Last-Loose-End View Post
            I still hear "Right now" as a regular sports stadium staple.
            You’re not gonna hear that garbage at any sports event, unless there’s a minor league baseball team in Cabo San Lucas, or if they bring back that pissy Crystal Pepsi…. It might be on a local radio commercial. Sammy can’t fill out a Ribfest let alone a stadium, nobody wants to hear his generic rubbish from the 90s. Hagar fans were practicing social distancing long before covid with his fans all standing about 50 feet apart in empty Ribfests with loverboy headlining.
            Last edited by WARF; 10-11-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARF View Post
              You’re not gonna hear that garbage at any sports event, unless there’s a minor league baseball team in Cabo San Lucas, or if they bring back that pissy Crystal Pepsi…. It might be on a local radio commercial. Sammy can’t fill out a Ribfest let alone a stadium, nobody wants to hear his generic rubbish from the 90s. Hagar fans were practicing social distancing long before covid with his fans all standing about 50 feet apart in empty Ribfests with loverboy headlining.
              Red Cocker music is perfect for a gay bathhouse. It goes well with the butt plugs, baby oil, anal lube and helps loosen someone up for the reaming. Sometimes people even scream higher than Sammy.

Comment

• Why so much Clichegar talk in a Roth thread?

Here's all you need to know about Clichegar. A list of GREAT guitarists that couldn't put up with his sorry ass.

1. Ronnie Montrose
                2. Neil Schon
                3. Edward Van Halen
                4. Joe Satriani

Am I missing anyone? Maybe not considered a great, but even Gary Pihl couldn't put up with him, and he put up with Tom Scholz.

Comment

Why so much Clichegar talk in a Roth thread?

Here's all you need to know about Clichegar. A list of GREAT guitarists that couldn't put up with his sorry ass.

1. Ronnie Montrose
                  2. Neil Schon
                  3. Edward Van Halen
                  4. Joe Satriani

Am I missing anyone? Maybe not considered a great, but even Gary Pihl couldn't put up with him, and he put up with Tom Scholz.
                  I heard Vic is unhappy too…

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
                    I find it is poetic justice that Hagar went ahead with that 2004 tour knowing how fucked up Ed was, took the money, waited 4 years, took some more money to tell his story about how him doing the 2004 tour knowing how fucked up Ed was and taking the money wasn't his fault, then got to sit back and watch Dave rejoin the band and go onto three financially/commercially successful tours with Van Halen in 10,000 seater + venues while Hagar was relegated to playing much smaller venues with The Circle.

To top it all off, Hagar started repeatedly making louder and louder public noises in the press and on social media about how he was up for another Van Halen tour, and then Eddie passed away and now the lasting memory of Roth is that he started the band with the Van Halens and ended the band with the Van Halens, with by far more albums sold than Hagar's time with the group and people by and large considering Roth's time with the group THE definitive Van Halen music. And the lasting memory of Hagar is he came into the band after it was already successful, helped steer the band into shitty ballad terrain, sold half the records that had been sold with Dave and ended his stint with the band doing a shitty tour most folks consider the low point of Van Halen's career (even including the Cherone period).
                    Sam, his music and his bullshit have not aged well. He is just a two faced opportunist who will use anyone to promote his ass to his people of walmart fanbase

Comment

• Sam claims he never caught any venereal disease on the road. Maybe he couldn’t get laid which may actually be true. Any road manager will tell you, you can’t keep a band and crew on the road without penicillin. You also can’t get them out on the road without the lure of loose diseased women waiting to infect them in every town.

Comment

• I enjoyed KISS while in grade school. I never enjoyed Sammy Hagar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                          I loved that shit when I was ten years old.
                          Well Eddie was friends with Ace. So it was good enough for him.

Comment

Sam claims he never caught any venereal disease on the road. Maybe he couldn’t get laid which may actually be true. Any road manager will tell you, you can’t keep a band and crew on the road without penicillin. You also can’t get them out on the road without the lure of loose diseased women waiting to infect them in every town.
                            OK, you believe he's been in the rock and roll world for 50 years and never got any women? Read some rock biographies, the roadies have more than they know what to do with.

Comment

Why so much Clichegar talk in a Roth thread?

1. Ronnie Montrose
                              2. Neil Schon
                              3. Edward Van Halen
                              4. Joe Satriani

He's performed with a who's who list of musicians in his career. His rock and roll road show included artists from all walks of life happy to be interviewed by him.

Comment

Red Cocker music is perfect for a gay bathhouse. It goes well with the butt plugs, baby oil, anal lube and helps loosen someone up for the reaming. Sometimes people even scream higher than Sammy.
                                Dave wore makeup, long hair, earrings, spandex and ass-less chaps, you probably have that poster on your wall. Nothing wrong with being gay.
                                Last edited by Last-Loose-End; 10-13-2021, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X