Dad Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I started playing in 1978. You either did sports or you were in a band. Our bass player’s father was a doctor and he owned the building his practice was in. We used to jam in the basement after all the medical staff went home.
    That was some of the purest joy I ever had playing was those first few years with my buds in our early teens in the early 1980s.

Just guitar, bass and drums along with a single mic. Me and one guy trading off on bass and guitar, with the other guy drumming (all he played was drums). We'd take turns singing badly, but we'd jam on, like, War Pigs for an hour. Detroit Rock City was one we'd do a lot. Along with Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love. The Immigrant Song. The Trooper. Sounded terrible, but thankfully one of my jammin' buds mom was a divorcee who let us play in her basement as loud as we liked for as long as we wanted.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

While this does not qualify as Dad Rock I am posting this video as a warning. That's aright, a warning on how much that limey cocksucker poisoned so many generations with his plagiaristic filth.

You just know these kids are all going to be in prison when they turn 18

Comment

That little girl is a pretty good bass player, considering the bass is taller than she is.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Yeah I've seen a few videos of that amazing youngster playing bass... she's got talent and a great groove.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

The boy on the drums isn't one-handed either.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Children of dad rock - it can't get any worse until now.

Comment

Kill me the fuck now.

Comment

Honestly, there should a law against this type of shit:

Comment

When you call it "Dad Rock", do you mean your age-appropriate boyfriends' musical choices?

Comment

No, pointless living Boomers like yourself who should have up and died years ago.

Comment

That's it! I'm writing a letter to Congress. There HAS to be LAWS against this shit

Comment

Nothing a bag of marbles and a sling shot can’t fix. If a band sucks they easily can be driven from the stage.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Here's a rare video of slave SESH's band

Comment

Everyone starts like this fortunately we didn't have video back then...

Comment

Just....kill yourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X