No announcement yet.

As Starbucks Delays, Buffalo Locations Poised to Become 1st Union Stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbucks bring in $20 billion a year and pay virtually no tax. If staff get paid more less yacht money for a couple of people but everyone else benefits because employees spend money and pay income and sales tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
      GooglyKrisy, add fentanyl to that mix!
      That made zero sense. And I should know.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
        Starbucks bring in $20 billion a year and pay virtually no tax. If staff get paid more less yacht money for a couple of people but everyone else benefits because employees spend money and pay income and sales tax.
        It’s why I favor a flat tax. You can’t play games with it but getting rid of the current income tax code games would kill a $20 billion tax accounting industry which is a racket unto itself. The biggest trick used for years is you set up a foundation and then use it to skirt taxes and actually pay yourself through shell companies.

The reality is non of this is going to be fixed because everyone is on the take and the public are either too stupid, lazy or divided to cause any real change. But it’s good material to bitch about online.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

The music they play in a Star Chunks is beyond reprehensible. If it is good, they'll play it. If it is utter fucking shit, they'll still fucking play it. Relentlessly. I mean I was hearing Tears For Fucking Fears, man!

I mean imagine the horror of being in a Star Munks, and a tune comes on the radio. It seems vaguely familiar and it speaks to you. It speaks to you on many levels. It hits your guts and brains at the same time. It makes you smile, it makes you twitch, it makes you drool. It makes you leak. So you ask the robo-barista what it is and she says "it's Turin fucking Brakes you fucking moron!" I'm like "AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" And I have a heart attack and fucking DIE! That's my nightmare. What's yours? No, don't tell me. I'm not really interested. I nurture the savagely nagging doubt that 8 billion coffee drinkers might actually be right - and that The Smiths might NOT sound like feeble and effete jingle-jangle fronted by an irritatingly morose and self-obsessed gladioli waving Rudolf Hess lookalike who is obviously aiming for camp irony but actually sounds like whining cur in need of a good shit.

I mean WHAT IF the Pixies DIDN'T make album after album of irritatingly forgettable mock-punk lite!?!?

WHAT IF Sonic Youth WEREN'T just stunningly pretentious no-talent art-snobs?

So I would like to thank the annoying hipsters at the local Star Clucks for proving, once and for all, that I was 100% right after all. They must have one amazing editorial policy from the corporate office that their shithole stores will play absolutely ANYTHING as long as it was made by alternative white males. Between 1977 and 1990.

Comment

The proper morning drink is a strong earl grey with a dash of milk and three raw sugar.

Comment

Actually I discovered in Vienna a few years ago it's earl grey with a light Cuban rum. If not morning then definitely lunchtime. Try it!

Vienna is very sophisticated so it's ok. The UK royal family routinely drink gin mid morning, it's funny the similarities of the people at the top and the bottom are - both unemployed and morning boozing.

Comment

Originally posted by ashstralia View Post
                The proper morning drink is a strong earl grey with a dash of milk and three raw sugar.
                My grandmother would fully agree with that but she was British.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                  Well, Buffalo could have had a mayor who might have been on the correct side of this issue.... but instead, the corrupt incumbent pulled a "Joe Lieberman" and managed to con his way back into office.

Starfucks sucks anyway. I've been carrying around a gift card in my wallet for over a decade now, and haven't even been desperate enough to drink their coffee for "free" yet. Not with better choices around here. I can understand how Starfucks might appeal in other coffee-deprived areas, I guess.
                  Starbucks coffee isn't particularly good coffee. Have been getting iced coffee with whole milk and multiple pumps of Starbucks classic sweetener for years: whenever a barista neglects to put the classic sweetener in - and it's just the coffee, milk and ice - it actually tastes sort of shitty.

It's merely because there are so many Starbucks stores, and the convenience of that...wherever you are, you can get a Starbucks.

I will say that the relatively plain iced coffee I order is a bit of an anomaly in terms of what I see other people getting, which are various coffees and custom drinks with 8 or more different ingredients in them...it's like, if you want a fucking milkshake, go to an ice cream shop. "Oh, and don't forget the whipped cream drizzled with caramel sauce on top"...sweet fucking jesus.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                    Starbucks coffee isn't particularly good coffee.
                    McDonalds and Dominoes objectively aren't very good either compared to your average local burger or pizza joint. The actual product isn't the main factor at all in these global brands, probably not even in the top 5 reasons for their success.

Comment

Working...
                    X