Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave's art. Ed's guitar. Separated at birth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't it "The Shark" that did most of the talking on the early Halen recordings? And whom decorated and gutted that shit out of that geetar? Certainly wasn't Chemo Dave. Now with Edwardo ashes feeding the fish in the Pacific ocean he's no longer around to sign David's royalty check. So Dave resorts to spewing this shit that he was behind it all when what he was really doing was blowing Mr. Templeton for special favors in terms of studio time so Edwad could "Brown Sound" the fuck out of the place.

The Shark was a bad-ass. You know I'm right. Shame Edweird kept on fucking with it until he turned it into this

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
      Out-and-out lies?

I'd like to think not.

I wouldn't think for a moment that Roth's ego - which even the most ardent Roth fan wouldn't disagree is slightly larger than average, certainly when it comes to Van Halen - couldn't possibly cause him to overinflate his role (substantial, to be sure) in terms of what transpired in Van Halen at times. To hear Roth tell it these days, Ted Templeman, Pete Angelus, Noel Monk, Ed Anderson were all basically along for the ride on Roth's coattails in terms of importance/relevance back when CVH was working. Those four guys tell a different story. Where does the truth lie? Somewhere in the middle? Who the fuck knows? Not us with 100% certainty. We weren't there. Hell, those that WERE there were drunk or high on coke more than a little of the time.
      Ok but what we all got was the greatest American rock and roll band of all time.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
        Ok but what we all got was the greatest American rock and roll band of all time.
        To be sure.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Dave's influence is "proof in the pudding".

All you have to do is compare CVH to Van Hagar.

Musically, stylistically, etc.

I rest my case.
          Do I HAVE to compare CVH to Van Hagar? Like, is it compulsory?

Look, all I know is...everybody is looking for something

Something to fill in the holes.

We think a lot but don't talk much about it...

Until things get out of control.

Which is to say: you look at every face in the crowd...

Some shine and some keep you guessing.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Do I HAVE to compare CVH to Van Hagar? Like, is it compulsory?

Look, all I know is...everybody is looking for something

Something to fill in the holes.

We think a lot but don't talk much about it...

Until things get out of control.

Which is to say: you look at every face in the crowd...

Some shine and some keep you guessing.
            Vomit. Pure vomit.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Vomit. Pure vomit.
              Hey, man, don't be shuckin' me with all that jive!!

Those lyrics are...KILLER, bro! Some of the best ever...we're talkin' right up there with Page/Plant and Jagger/Richards, which is what everybody says about Van Halen when I was in the band...

You know! Right? It goes:

Lennon/McCartney

then

Sammy Hagar/the guitar player from The Cult (alt. the guitar player from The Bus Boys)
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Hey, man, don't be shuckin' me with all that jive!!

Those lyrics are...KILLER, bro! Some of the best ever...we're talkin' right up there with Page/Plant and Jagger/Richards, which is what everybody says about Van Halen when I was in the band...

You know! Right? It goes:

Lennon/McCartney

then

Sammy Hagar/the guitar player from The Cult (alt. the guitar player from The Bus Boys)
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

On Saturday (December 4), David Lee Roth posted a seven-minute video in which he recalled in great detail the origin story behind Eddie Van Halen’s Frankenstein electric guitar, claiming he was the brains behind the iconic striped aesthetic.

The video was posted in response to comments that drew comparison between Roth’s Big Wave painting and the Frankenstein, with the former Van Halen vocalist dubbing the guitar’s striped motif “my work”.

However, his story has since been disputed by Chris Gill – Guitar World contributor, EVH guitar expert and co-author of Eruption: Conversations with Eddie Van Halen – who blasted Roth’s recollection as “a complete revisionist fabrication” that contains “three key factual errors”.
                  GUITAR WORLD LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                    Goddamn lyin' Roth!!!

And here I thought Sammy was the worst liar in terms of Van Halen frontmen...WRONG!!!!!

Hey, whatever. If Dave remembers it that way...fine.

Just as long as everybody on this thread now knows I was right all along, I'm satisfied.

Nope, no apologies necessary. I'm not gloating.

Man, my life has only been slightly more of a waste than that Guitar World "EVH guitar expert"...but, hey, I'm still winning...winning like AIDS infested Charlie Sheen, but winning nonetheless.
                    Last edited by Terry; 12-09-2021, 07:11 AM.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

The article isn't evidence that it wasn't Roth's idea it only disputes exactly how it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                        He's so fucking clueless and senile these days. Must be the cancer treatment drugs and the radiation chemotherapy fucking with what's left of his minuscule brain cells. Edwardo's "art" was all his own yes, even the god damn reflectors. Roth is a poor man about to be cut from the Van Halen royalty check writing business so he invents this shit. By the way, Beethoven had more than one "hit." So fuck him and the origami horse he rode in on.
                        Ed never mentioned Dave. He built a guitar and it needed paint so he sprayed it black, masked some stripes on it and sprayed it white. He later masked it again and sprayed it red because people were copying his guitar and he wanted to make it look different. He later bought some reflectors at a truck stop and stuck them on the back of the guitar during one of the tours.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Dave is just showing the world what a screwball he really is. I loved classic Van Halen and what he brought to it but Dave is a weirdo.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

He's gotten stranger as he's gotten older, which is to say I find his outward/public persona behavior more and more odd with each passing year.

Is what one sees what one gets with Dave in private vs. public? Only Dave's sheepdogs and hairless Asian 'houseboy' know for sure.

Kinda like that pic Dave posted of himself after somebody had trespassed onto his property, where Roth was decked out in military gear with (if memory serves) a gun at his side: seemed far more weird than cool, in me wondering why [Roth] felt dressing like that and posting a pic of that seemed like a good idea to him.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                              The article isn't evidence that it wasn't Roth's idea it only disputes exactly how it was done.
                              Nope.

Dispute, mispute.

It was evidence.

Incontrovertible: Dave lied, which makes him a liar = Terry was right, which makes Terry...righter.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Anyway, you remember that time Ted Nugent was 30 and was dating a 17 year old...sorry, wrong thread.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...
                                X