Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

They haven't put out anything in awhile. Obviously, it's all Von's fault.

Comment

• paltrowitz
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jul 2021

Ha! Thanks for noticing. We were supposed to tape earlier this week, but something came up. Hoping to tape over the weekend -- we have a few more interviews in the can. Hope to have something for you sometime soon.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Interview suggestion: Serra Petale

Although she is more of a Eddie than a Dave Fan

Comment

• paltrowitz
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jul 2021

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll send a request and see if she's game for an interview.
          -Darren

Originally posted by Kristy
          Interview suggestion: Serra Petale

Although she is more of a Eddie than a Dave Fan

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Thank you for trying to arrange an interview. She seems to be a fan of early Van Halen which is weird because she seems to love Eddie's 80's chorus sound. I find it fascinating that Eddie is influencing a new generation that wasn't even born yet when he recorded those albums and that they are not copying his style verbatim

Comment

• paltrowitz
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jul 2021

So far no response from them. Fingers crossed.

I'm waiting on my co-host to publish, but we have a real "blast from the past" exclusive on the about-to-be-published episode. "Crazy From The Heat" & "Eat 'Em & Smile" era -- someone a listener who told me to pursue.

Last night I taped something with someone from the Tokyo Dave era. Awaiting permission to use it for the podcast. If not, I'll figure out a way to eventually unearth.

Trying to arrange an interview with someone from the "DLR Band" album/era. May happen next week, if so.

Trying!!!!!! (haha)

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Haven't listened to these guys in ages mainly due my drug tirade summer of fun. By the way, my vision and walking ataxia has become worse because of it. Oh well. Unlike you government-controlled pussy placebos who spew Kremlin Van Halen propaganda these guys continue to be the real deal. Dave has a "new song" out? I could care less. Devoted podcasters talking about Dave having a new song out is far better than the song itself.

And that makes life worth living

Comment

• paltrowitz
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Jul 2021

Thanks for the very kind words. Hoping to tape another episode within the next week or so. While not much Dave-related news lately, there are always interesting Dave-related anecdotes to capture. Billy Corgan gave me one a few days ago, which I'll publish in an interview/article on Monday most likely.

Haven't listened to these guys in ages mainly due my drug tirade summer of fun. By the way, my vision and walking ataxia has become worse because of it. Oh well. Unlike you government-controlled pussy placebos who spew Kremlin Van Halen propaganda these guys continue to be the real deal. Dave has a "new song" out? I could care less. Devoted podcasters talking about Dave having a new song out is far better than the song itself.

And that makes life worth living

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by paltrowitz
                    Thanks for the very kind words. Hoping to tape another episode within the next week or so. While not much Dave-related news lately, there are always interesting Dave-related anecdotes to capture. Billy Corgan gave me one a few days ago, which I'll publish in an interview/article on Monday most likely.
                    Loved the interview with the actor-writer-comedian who met with Roth to talk about possible role in Crazy From the Heat movie.

One thing in relation to that time that has always intrigued me is that in 85 and 86 - or for a period inbetween - ex Sex Pistols 'manager' Malcolm McLaren had been put in charge of CBS Pictures. Whether or not he had anything to do with the Dave movie being commissioned (or whatever the correct terminology would be) I do not know.

But if anyone can get to the bottom of it, Darren, you are the guy.
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• paltrowitz
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jul 2021

Thanks for listening!

Going to dig into this a bit and see what can be found, if anything. I have a hunch.

Originally posted by VHscraps
                      Loved the interview with the actor-writer-comedian who met with Roth to talk about possible role in Crazy From the Heat movie.

One thing in relation to that time that has always intrigued me is that in 85 and 86 - or for a period inbetween - ex Sex Pistols 'manager' Malcolm McLaren had been put in charge of CBS Pictures. Whether or not he had anything to do with the Dave movie being commissioned (or whatever the correct terminology would be) I do not know.

But if anyone can get to the bottom of it, Darren, you are the guy.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I don't care much about Dave but I learned a lot about him through you guys that he's not the asshole I always envisioned him to be. David Lee Roth seems like a kind soul. I enjoy the interviews with people I never heard of from fellow musicians to the woman in one of his videos. It's a great listen on the way to work or walking the dog.

Comment

• paltrowitz
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jul 2021

Thanks for the very, very kind words, Kristy. Glad you find enjoyment in what we do!

I don't care much about Dave but I learned a lot about him through you guys that he's not the asshole I always envisioned him to be. David Lee Roth seems like a kind soul. I enjoy the interviews with people I never heard of from fellow musicians to the woman in one of his videos. It's a great listen on the way to work or walking the dog.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Thanks for the very, very kind words, Kristy. Glad you find enjoyment in what we do!
                            You should be honored. You're the first person in history to get kind words from this psycho.

Comment

• paltrowitz
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jul 2021

Honestly, the approval of most/all of you at various times has meant a ton. My goal out of all this -- since it's very different than the other interviews and media stuff I do -- is to help keep the DLR and VH legacies alive. Some of my favorite music ever all these years later, yet the people behind the music seem to put little to no effort into keeping Van Halen relevant. Meanwhile, bands influenced by DLR and/or VH are doing everything they can to stay relevant, monetized, etc.

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              You should be honored. You're the first person in history to get kind words from this psycho.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Okay, I'm done with this podcast. Way too much of butt kissing for the F A T Wolf Boy

Comment

Working...