Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Yeah, I think J5 lives it, lol. Have you seen those fucking creatures that inhabit his home? Fuck that. Very cool and down to earth dude though. Remember, he's a HUGE Kiss fan, as well as a HUGE Munsters fan.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Makes sense for branding and being a huge Ki$$ and Munsters fan I suppose... That is a key element of "Show Biz" and artistry.

At least with J5... the quality of his music stands taller than his fucking make-up cabinet...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• paltrowitz
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Kristy
        It's a really good and surprising musical podcast. Only problemo I have with it is not so much the podcast itself as I am being thoroughly burnt-out on classic rock. So sick of spoiled, obnoxious frat boys going over and over and over on shit like Dark Side of the Moon, Who's Next, some Bowie, Stones, and then think they are hip by reviewing something like London Calling. The DLR guys keep the ads to a minimum, do not talk over each other, and do honestly know about the subject matter and never condescend that they know better than their audience. I even listened to the John 5 interview. Twice. And I cannot stand that guy.
        Thanks Kristy!! Such nice, welcomed feedback.

Comment

• paltrowitz
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I've enjoyed the recent interview with Melissa Reiner. After you both trying to date the filming of the BBQ video it started me thinking about it because I remember there was a story here at the time about deliveries of truckloads of sand to his house over a two day period which I think was to make the tennis court into a beach so the actual filming dates were known to the day at one point but that thread was lost in the great server disaster of the early 2000s.

Maybe someone reading this will remember more.

If you are chasing Animal I guess you will obviously have already thought of 'Big' Ed Anderson and Pete Angelus who would probably be the two who know the most and have spoken the least.
          Duly noted, thanks Sesh. The more people I speak with -- not all it goes to "The DLR Cast" -- the more I see that not everyone is under an NDA. And some of the NDA people tell you what they can/can't talk about. While some of the people aren't under an NDA yet just have no interest in talking to DLR.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by paltrowitz
            Thanks Kristy!! Such nice, welcomed feedback.
            Hey, just as a suggestion since you guys do terrific interviews have you ever thought about interviewing Inara George of Bird and the Bee? She is the daughter of former Little Feat guitarist Lowell George and apparently she's a humongous die-hard David Lee Roth/Van Halen fan unlike the cretins and the posers on this forum.

They did a Van Halen tribute album a few years back Interpreting the Masters, Volume 2: A Tribute to Van Halen that is quite an interesting listen and not just another lame-ass tribute album. I tried posting songs from it but all the cretins and posers here rejected it because it's wasn't "kewl" enough for their banal suburban lifestyles. They thought "Diamond Dave" was an insult to their already low-bar intelligence.

And to be truthful here for a seccy, I have lost some faith in the Bird and the Bee when they started hanging with the media whore asshole Dave Grohl. I'm hoping that was just a fluke. Anyway, just a suggestion. Inara is the real deal Diamond Dave fan.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              Good point. But, given John 5 has established himself musically... I wonder is the whacky makeup crap necessary or is that his branding forever?
              He could phase it out if he wanted to. He must enjoy being a freak.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I tried posting songs from it but all the cretins and posers here rejected it because it's wasn't "kewl" enough for their banal suburban lifestyles. They thought "Diamond Dave" was an insult to their already low-bar intelligence.
                um...I went to the show...

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Oh dear, I may have to rethink this. I mean Dave Ghrol is one thing but to go to the nearabouts of Lake Erie is quite another.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The show was at the Beachland Ballroom, which is just blocks from the lake. Not as close as I am. but close.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Well, that just ruined it for me.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Love the Beachland Ballroom.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          They've done a lot of remodeling during their 'rona downtime. Haven't been back yet though, most of the shows lately is stuff I doubt even Kristy would attend.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            OMFG You've been to Lake Erieville, too?

Gross.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                              They've done a lot of remodeling during their 'rona downtime. Haven't been back yet though, most of the shows lately is stuff I doubt even Kristy would attend.
                              Let's see:

Lily Hiatt, Son Volt, Joe Purdy, The Dollyrots. All good acts unlike those government-controlled pussy placebo bands Vonny digs like Derek "Lice-Infested" Trucks and Joe Bonafartssa.

Comment

• paltrowitz
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Jul 2021

Hey Kristy - EXCELLENT idea. I've emailed Inara directly twice (had her contact info from a mutual friend) and 2 different publicists who've worked with her over the past few years. Zero response. So, uh, giving up on that one. Unfortunately.

Hey, just as a suggestion since you guys do terrific interviews have you ever thought about interviewing Inara George of Bird and the Bee? She is the daughter of former Little Feat guitarist Lowell George and apparently she's a humongous die-hard David Lee Roth/Van Halen fan unlike the cretins and the posers on this forum.

They did a Van Halen tribute album a few years back Interpreting the Masters, Volume 2: A Tribute to Van Halen that is quite an interesting listen and not just another lame-ass tribute album. I tried posting songs from it but all the cretins and posers here rejected it because it's wasn't "kewl" enough for their banal suburban lifestyles. They thought "Diamond Dave" was an insult to their already low-bar intelligence.

And to be truthful here for a seccy, I have lost some faith in the Bird and the Bee when they started hanging with the media whore asshole Dave Grohl. I'm hoping that was just a fluke. Anyway, just a suggestion. Inara is the real deal Diamond Dave fan.

Comment

Working...