• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paltrowitz
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jul 2021

Ha. Sorry we lost you.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Okay, I'm done with this podcast. Way too much of butt kissing for the F A T Wolf Boy

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So you guys on the Pod still with the theory that Roth released a new recording of Panama to coincide and mess with the Wolfgang playing Taylor Hawkins tribute because it seems like a stretch to me?

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by paltrowitz
        Ha. Sorry we lost you.
        Oh don't worry she is like a boomerang with a little bit of shit smeared on it, she always comes back usually around the time you had forgotten why you were kind of relieved she had gone.

Comment

• paltrowitz
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          So you guys on the Pod still with the theory that Roth released a new recording of Panama to coincide and mess with the Wolfgang playing Taylor Hawkins tribute because it seems like a stretch to me?
          Thanks for listening. This is rooted in the theory that since the tribute concert was broadcast on linear and digital outlets, music rights were cleared for the Van Halen songs. As a major catalog, DLR would have had to clear the VH songs being played, so he knew this was coming. I think it was a preemptive measure taken to stay in the conversation. Just like, "coincidentally" the Dave & Dave Unchained Podcast had the Dave "deep throat" insider appear with pro-DLR viewpoints a few days before the EVH-centric Rolling Stone piece that DLR knew was coming and declined to be part of.

When I presented my theory to my inside source within the DLR camp, he didn't tell me I was nuts or offbase. More that there is some "Art Of War"-style stuff brewing when DLR chooses to focus on what he is up to. However -- no Sammy pun intended -- he does not finish most of what he starts. In other words, he does what he feels like doing at that moment, and that's that.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

slave Lake Erie SESH is like Lake Erie: full of cyanobacteria, toxins and noxious goo.

I just don't understand how you can give someone so much praise and yet had done little to deserve it. There are thousands upon thousands of gee-tur players who could have done what the F A T Wolf Boy did, and better. Here's a question for you: hum me one iconic F A T Wolf Boy tune. You can't can you? That's because the F A T Wolf Boy has no iconic songs, he has no originality, he hasn't paid one single dooooo in his privileged life. The dude lives off (literally) his rich daddy's coattails playing his rich daddy tunes without so much giving a penny back in royalties. And to have a chronic yellow tooth fart slammer like Dave Ghrol (the American version of Jimmy Page plagiarism) put his whale carcass on stage was an insult to the memory of Eddie. Ghrol is an entirely different story but he is the King of Fuck Faces in all that's wrong with music today. Yes, him Dave "Yellow Teeth" Ghrol.

You guys used to do great interviews with people who paid their dooooooooos, wrote and played original material and gave a fuck about their audience nowadays you just decided to jump on the sell-out wagon of one F A T wolf Boy performance.

Comment

• paltrowitz
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jul 2021

slave Lake Erie SESH is like Lake Erie: full of cyanobacteria, toxins and noxious goo.

I just don't understand how you can give someone so much praise and yet had done little to deserve it. There are thousands upon thousands of gee-tur players who could have done what the F A T Wolf Boy did, and better. Here's a question for you: hum me one iconic F A T Wolf Boy tune. You can't can you? That's because the F A T Wolf Boy has no iconic songs, he has no originality, he hasn't paid one single dooooo in his privileged life. The dude lives off (literally) his rich daddy's coattails playing his rich daddy tunes without so much giving a penny back in royalties. And to have a chronic yellow tooth fart slammer like Dave Ghrol (the American version of Jimmy Page plagiarism) put his whale carcass on stage was an insult to the memory of Eddie. Ghrol is an entirely different story but he is the King of Fuck Faces in all that's wrong with music today. Yes, him Dave "Yellow Teeth" Ghrol.

You guys used to do great interviews with people who paid their dooooooooos, wrote and played original material and gave a fuck about their audience nowadays you just decided to jump on the sell-out wagon of one F A T wolf Boy performance.

I thank you for the previous support of the podcast, Kristy. But there's such much negativity and anger in what you're saying that I genuinely hope you're okay. Seriously. If you're not, I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would be glad to listen.

But for the record:

- Calling me and my co-host "sell-outs?" Free time aside, I have probably spent more money to make the podcast than I have made from it. It's a passion project.

- I personally never said that WVH's original music was fantastic -- that was my co-host Steve.

- Privilege or not, originality or not, WVH is a fantastic musician on several instruments.

- I am by no means a diehard Foo Fighters or Dave Grohl fan. I really enjoy the first few Foo Fighters albums and like a lot of the work Grohl has done outside of the band. I complimented Grohl on how he has been able to bring together multiple generations of artists to collaborate on several occasions, not just this recent tribute concert.

Anyone can critique, but most people never put original art or content out into the world.

In other words, where is YOUR great, original output? If there is some, glad to check it out.

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

And the Real Kristy is Back!
                Bitter. Sour.

Maybe a little too early for you today honey.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Thanks for listening. This is rooted in the theory that since the tribute concert was broadcast on linear and digital outlets, music rights were cleared for the Van Halen songs. As a major catalog, DLR would have had to clear the VH songs being played, so he knew this was coming. I think it was a preemptive measure taken to stay in the conversation. Just like, "coincidentally" the Dave & Dave Unchained Podcast had the Dave "deep throat" insider appear with pro-DLR viewpoints a few days before the EVH-centric Rolling Stone piece that DLR knew was coming and declined to be part of.

When I presented my theory to my inside source within the DLR camp, he didn't tell me I was nuts or offbase. More that there is some "Art Of War"-style stuff brewing when DLR chooses to focus on what he is up to. However -- no Sammy pun intended -- he does not finish most of what he starts. In other words, he does what he feels like doing at that moment, and that's that.
                  I totally agree with this take. There is no doubt in my mind that Dave is extremely calculated in his every move.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow I honestly didn't know that you can delete the comments on your YouTube channel.

When the Panama video was put up, about 90% of the feedback was brutal and very negative. All those comments are now gone.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I thank you for the previous support of the podcast, Kristy. But there's such much negativity and anger in what you're saying that I genuinely hope you're okay. Seriously. If you're not, I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would be glad to listen.

But for the record:

- Calling me and my co-host "sell-outs?" Free time aside, I have probably spent more money to make the podcast than I have made from it. It's a passion project.
                      No, you're a sell-out. This is not about money it's about integrity. Most of your generation are fucked in the head mental. For example, you delight in making lists. Like (p)Rick Beato does. Such as: “The 20 Worst Songs Ever Recorded”. The problem being, of course, that these lists nearly always contain 20 amazingly good pop songs. I could go further. Okay, I will, your generation are also insufferably snobbish bores. You take everything at face value. There wasn't one single thing about the F A T Wolf Boy's performance that was captivating other then to insufferably snobbish bores. Of course, there are music snobs of my generation who post melodramatic, egocentric, utterly retarded music reviews on the likes of Twitch and YouTube but rock snobbery is, almost uniquely, a disease of your generation. Its main symptom is an inability to like, understand or appreciate contemporary music. That' EXACTLY why the F A T Wolf Boy played his father's material. Not one of you music snobs wants to hear his own shit. Neither do I. If he did, you would have blown it off in a god damn heartbeat. Hey, let's give some credit to Dave Roth himself who saw though this fucking bullshit.

Curiously, however, this affliction does not seem to extend to classic rock music. Thus the bizarre but all too common phenomenon of the wet farts like Mushroom who loves "classic" Van Halen, Metalsuckia and Billy Joel, but who hates and despises Mademoiselle Nineteen, Morgan James and of course, Poppy who are, between them, responsible for of the best songs I've ever heard since the pandemic.

It is no coincidence, of course, that rock snobbery often walks hand in hand with homophobia and misogyny. It is, essentially, a state of arrested development. It bestows on the afflicted a sense of false superiority and thus the illusion of power See: Mushroom. The tinier the circle of the truly “initiated”. The bitterer the bile. The sadder the repressed sexuality, The greater the hatred of Poppy. The shitter the haircut. Hey, what's the betting that Eddie had a girl that played like that on stage ow many males would automatically go on message board after message board and flood YouGoob with comments on how much of a cunt she is?

Then again, most women in rock are hated but make snobs because they actually get to FUCK the girlishy pretty idols of the overwhelming closet-homosexual male rock fan-base and they perform the vital function of breaking up stale or stagnant man-on-man “artistic relationships” (meaning sublimated and/or poisonously repressed homosexual love affairs) which are probably well past their sell-by dates anyway.

OK, so Kurt blew his fucking head off. Which was a bit extreme. But if he was alive today he’d probably be playing golf with Kid Rock or something and Ghrol would be working at the Circle K getting your lottery ticket numbers wrong.

Anyway, where was I?

Now you too have become a participant in this whirlpool of inanity giving praise to a dude he has done absolutely nothing to earn his place on stage no matter if Dave "Yellow Teeth" Ghrol was the MC of it all or not. Oh, you went on and on about his the F A T Wolf Boy "shredded it" when all he really did was copy note for note the best he could what his father pioneered. Eddie was an original. He was experimenting with the weird sounds he heard in his head before he knew how to play them; Eddie advanced the way the instrument was played. As the great Mike Watt would say, "you have to cut your own path" as musician and not walk down the road others have already paved for you. The F A T Wolf Boy went down the road his father built in a god damn Rolls Royce and your sell-out rock snobbery lapped it up like a rabid dog at a public swimming pool. That is the definition of selling out.

- I personally never said that WVH's original music was fantastic -- that was my co-host Steve.
                      You never questioned it, either. As I told you, there is nothing original about the F A T Wolf Boy. What he plays is recycled trad rock with a lot of distortion and volume while delving into his father's bag of tricks. Every musician has a bag of tricks and the F A T Wolf Boy's are not of his own making.

- Privilege or not, originality or not, WVH is a fantastic musician on several instruments.
                      So? You can say same the same about Todd Rundgren, Stevie Wonder, Prince or even Taylor Swift. With the exception of Swift all the other aforementioned forged their own material and did not follow in the footsteps of their "influences" which only leads to suck-ass and boring trite music. You know, like that unlistenable crap the F A T Wolf Boy plays.

- I am by no means a diehard Foo Fighters or Dave Grohl fan. I really enjoy the first few Foo Fighters albums and like a lot of the work Grohl has done outside of the band. I complimented Grohl on how he has been able to bring together multiple generations of artists to collaborate on several occasions, not just this recent tribute concert.
                      Oh yes, let's talk about Dave "Yellow Teeth" Ghrol. I guess he became famous....how? Oh, that's right, he played drums on a grunge record over 30 fucking years ago and has not shut the fuck up about since. Remember Trevor Bolder? Of course you don't.

Bolder was the mutton-chopped limey bass player for Bowie who played on the glam great Ziggy and his Spiders. Now, lets say apart from being dead, did he ever wish to hold a concert for any of his fellow junkie musicians who overdosed on their stupidity? And what exactly was Mr. Yellow Teeth reason for this bloated concert? It certainly wasn't to raise any awareness abut drug addiction and/or suicide which I personally think Hawkins did to himself. Or was it? I don't know. How much money was raised in the exploitation of Hawkins? Shedding any praise for Mr. Yellow Teeth and the FOO FOO Fighters is inhuman. It is degenerate. It is perverted. It is akin to preferring the taste of shit to that of ice cream. Or preferring the films of Ingmar Bergman to the movies of Quentin Tarantino. But hey, let's all get upset when yetafuckingnother professionally depressed brown corduroy-trouser-wearing shit-dribbling ming-mong of a singer-fucking-songwriter falls in a canal or hangs himself or chokes on his/her own heroin vomit. Oh boo hoo! No more songs about being privileged! No more free promotional rides on Letterman! What a fucking tragedy! It is – in short – WRONG. What Dave Ghrol is doing with these concerts is WRONG.

Anyone can critique, but most people never put original art or content out into the world.
                      For example? Like orgasms, happiness, righteous anger, laughing, love, Poppy, class hatred, more Poppy, puppies and ice cream? What on earth are you talking about?

In other words, where is YOUR great, original output? If there is some, glad to check it out.
                      As S P A M M Y would say: it's right here, right now. I put a smile on everyone face except slave Lake Erie SESH because he's European and when have you ever seen a European smile?

So get off the bandwagon that was the F A T Wolf Boy's performance. It's people like him and the Yellow Tooth Monster who exploit all the mouth breather, clown-costumed, skateboard riding idiot mall-brats of America Prime (and all the
                      little Americas) while doing more real and permanent damage to the recording industry than all the punks, pirates and anarchists ever did. This has to stop.
                      Last edited by Kristy; 09-07-2022, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Mushroom
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2009

…The greater the hatred of Poppy.
                        Lol Who is Poppy?

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Poppy is my Mistress.

It used to be one of the Corrs.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I got some fire wood that needs splitting. Send her here. I will put her ass to work.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Long big rant of whatever. Anyways I always dug girls who rocked. Remember taking my daughter to see the The Donna's. It was great. Let's put it this way, it's fine to take the piss out of people every now and then and most people deserve to have the piss taken out of them time to time. But if you are negative and angry all the time the only person that hurts is you. You will drive the decent people away from you and you will attract other miserable fucks because misery loves company and your world bogs down in a cess pool of negativity and you start to love it more and more and become a turd.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Don't fall for it. It's an act. Someone truly fucked in the head would have suck started a shotgun by now.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...