Three letter Sesh. NDA

Non
    Disclosure
    Agreement

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

It's a really good and surprising musical podcast. Only problemo I have with it is not so much the podcast itself as I am being thoroughly burnt-out on classic rock. So sick of spoiled, obnoxious frat boys going over and over and over on shit like Dark Side of the Moon, Who's Next, some Bowie, Stones, and then think they are hip by reviewing something like London Calling. The DLR guys keep the ads to a minimum, do not talk over each other, and do honestly know about the subject matter and never condescend that they know better than their audience. I even listened to the John 5 interview. Twice. And I cannot stand that guy.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        II even listened to the John 5 interview. Twice. And I cannot stand that guy.
        Why? Is he a Jimmy Page fan?
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Politely fuck off. That is not funny.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Gee. Steve Vai. Billy Sheehan and even the amp tech guy Lee Jackson were sharing fond memories of working with Mr. Roth. Sounded like good times to me.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

John 5. Good player. Seems like a nice enough guy. How do you stand out in a sea of fantastic guitar players? Make yourself look fucking weird and keep changing the weirdness so it's fresh. The man knows what he's doing but he did go to Miles Copeland's song writing getaway in France to learn some new tricks. Miles says the first step to fame is to get attention. You have to have something to keep the attention but you have to get it. John understands the concept.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Three letter Sesh. NDA

Non
                Disclosure
                Agreement
                I think many places (I just googled it California definitely does and extended it recently), have exemptions to NDAs in that you can breach them to talk about bad behavior especially stuff like any harassment, bullying, anything illegal and especially anything racist or sexual harassment. I don't know if that means that they could only say bad things in an interview or if bad things have happened they are freed from the NDA entirely. I guess you pay lawyers to check that when writing a tell all book but since a podcast interview isn't generating you any cash then why get it checked out?

Not that I'm saying that Roth has done anything wrong at any point around or to those guys...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  John 5. Good player. Seems like a nice enough guy. How do you stand out in a sea of fantastic guitar players? Make yourself look fucking weird and keep changing the weirdness so it's fresh.
                  Admittedly he goes for a 'strong' look but it's not like he's done anything really dumb like stuck a fucking bucket on his head.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Admittedly he goes for a 'strong' look but it's not like he's done anything really dumb like stuck a fucking bucket on his head.
                    There's an art to it. Buckethead is too one dimensional. John 5 is a better painter.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

too much obvious weirdness these days.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-08-2022, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Assuming being Diamond Dave wasn't a lot of work and required little talent is a very ignorant.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Politely fuck off. That is not funny.
                          My first guess was you offered to blow him but he turned you down. Should I have gone with that?
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Knock it off. Jimmy Page does not qualify as a human being.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Good point. But, given John 5 has established himself musically... I wonder is the whacky makeup crap necessary or is that his branding forever?
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                Good point. But, given John 5 has established himself musically... I wonder is the whacky makeup crap necessary or is that his branding forever?
                                Branding.

Last time I saw him the stage was full of inflatable Halloween decorations. He's got LCD screens running old horror movie scenes too.

Comment

Working...