Thread: Detroit Show Review

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cool Detroit Show Review

Hello folks. First of all…I will preface this review with some background. I am a fan of Eddie and his music. My fave VH album and possibly fave album of all time is Fair Warning. Truly an amazing record that holds up after many, many years.

As for the band…the Dave era is without parallel. The Sammy era was a different style of music that can not be compared to the original VH. Yes…I like the F.U.C.K. album…but does it come close to Fair Warning? No. I never compared the two eras or two singers. For me, it’s two completely different bands. The 5150 Tour was cool…but comparing it to the 1984 Tour extravaganza that I saw is pointless. They were two totally different kinds of shows, songs, etc.

Would it be cool to see VH with Dave at the helm? Of course. The tour would be a blockbuster…a huge success…and would draw the kind of cash that the Stones or Springsteen haul in. Would it be killer to see Dave doing a jump off the drum riser at the opening of “Jump” on the 2004 tour as opposed to Sammy just walking out on stage? Yes. Does it suck that the VH bros. can’t get it together with Dave? Yes. But…unfortunately…I am not privy to the VH bros. decision making process. All I know is that for some reason, Dave, Sam and Al can not get it together.

So it is with this mindset that I attended the Detroit show. I was not expecting to see a Dave era show full of wild showmanship and a dream set list. Nor was I expecting to see the kind of 2.5 hour show from the 5150 Tour with some great musicianship, dual guitar leads and Sammy running around in the rafters. I was just going to a concert to hear some music. For background…I saw VH on the tours for 1984, 5150, OU812 and F.U.C.K. I saw Sammy on the Mars tour and saw Sammy and Dave on their co-headlining tour.

Speaking of concerts…I have attended hundreds since my first show when I was 12 and saw Gordon Lightfoot in Toledo in 1976. I have seen every style…from Sinatra to Kiss…from Steely Dan to GWAR…from Elvis on his final tour to Metallica…from Barry Manilow to Korn…and yes I have even seen the Pope. So here are the facts and the review of VH 2004 at the fabulous Palace Of Auburn Hills from a concert veteran of 28 years…

Well to start off…$15 for parking pissed me off (that's 2 beers!!!) as did the fact the guy sitting next to me was so huge he took up two seats. Luckily he moved after a few songs. It’s the story of my life though…15,000 people there and the HUGE guy has to sit next to me when I am already cramped at 6’4”.

As for the show…I will start with the bad. My number one complaint is that the sound mix was horrible. It was beyond bad. It reminded me of concerts I would see in the 1980’s where the P.A. consisted of stacks of cheap speakers cranked up all the way. There was a guy mixing the sound…but all he seemed to do was turn up the volume to the max. For example, the opening song “Jump” was so muddled and bass heavy…it was almost unrecognizable. In this day and age of modern technology…I rarely hear bad sound at a concert. For example…Iron Maiden is always deafening…but still crystal clear. There have been so many advancements in technology that every show should have killer sound.

Complaint #2. The new songs are just awful. But hey…it gave me an opportunity to pee and freshen my beer.

And now the good…and there was a lot of it. Once I got past the bad sound mix which improved a little as the show progressed…the show was incredible. No shit. The whole venue was going nuts and from what I could see everyone from the floor to the upper bowl was standing. The Roth-era tunes whipped the crowd into such a frenzy that had Dave been up there singing the tunes…the venue would have been burned down to the ground. I thought to myself…if people are going this nuts for Sammy…they would start a fucking riot with Dave. No joke…people were losing their fucking minds. It was very cool.

Eddie was in great form although he seems to be sweating in Jimmy Page proportions nowadays. Someone get that man a towel! It was great to see him again. He is a guy that changed the face of music and I was listening to him play. I enjoyed his solo as he played new stuff along with his classic riffs. When he pulled out the Kramer during the show I yelled “Holy shit…the Kramer!” I don’t think anyone around me knew what I was talking about. The main thing about Eddie is that he had a ton of energy and seemed genuinely happy to be back. No Wolfie at the show however.

Can someone answer me a question though? In the day of wireless…what is the deal with that HUGE cord on Eddie’s guitar? The thing is like a phone cable.

Another good thing about the show is that I actually liked Alex’s drum solo. On the past tours it always seemed to be a snoozer…but this time around he was actually doing some good snare work and rolls. He got a huge ovation at the end of his drum solo.

Mikey is holding down the upper vocal parts even more than ever. He hit some of the high harmonies with Sammy and even sang a few verses. Jack was present as was openly drinking on-stage. Ya gotta love it.

As for Sammy…he delivered a solid performance. The dual lead vocals with Mikey on “Humans Being” and finally getting to hear “Dreams” live were highlights for me. Sammy sang the Roth-era tunes well…but it wouldn’t have mattered how he sounded. As soon as the crowd heard the start of “Unchained” or “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love” they went berserk. TV’s Corky, Chris Burke could have sang the Roth-era stuff and the crowd would have gone mad. I don’t mean to belabor this point…but people were going nuts…crazy…out of their minds. Again…with Dave at the helm they’d need cops in every aisle. The crowd would be out of control.

So overall…it was a great show and if you are fan of Eddie and his music you should go. All 4 members seemed to be sincerely having a great time. They focused on the Hagar-era stuff which made sense. I’d like to hear a few more Roth-era tunes sprinkled in…but hey…until Eddie calls me and asks me to write his set list I’ll have to wait.

The main question is where do they go now? Do they do a new album with Sammy as he approaches 60? It’s great to go on tour and crank out the hits…but you can only live on nostalgia for so long. I had a blast (as well as a Blatz or two) at this show…but if VH comes back in a year or so, I want to see a new show.

It will be interesting to see what develops…

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hello folks. First of all…I will preface this review with some background. I am a fan of Eddie and his music. My fave VH album and possibly fave album of all time is Fair Warning. Truly an amazing record that holds up after many, many years.

As for the band…the Dave era is without parallel. The Sammy era was a different style of music that can not be compared to the original VH. Yes…I like the F.U.C.K. album…but does it come close to Fair Warning? No. I never compared the two eras or two singers. For me, it’s two completely different bands. The 5150 Tour was cool…but comparing it to the 1984 Tour extravaganza that I saw is pointless. They were two totally different kinds of shows, songs, etc.

Would it be cool to see VH with Dave at the helm? Of course. The tour would be a blockbuster…a huge success…and would draw the kind of cash that the Stones or Springsteen haul in. Would it be killer to see Dave doing a jump off the drum riser at the opening of “Jump” on the 2004 tour as opposed to Sammy just walking out on stage? Yes. Does it suck that the VH bros. can’t get it together with Dave? Yes. But…unfortunately…I am not privy to the VH bros. decision making process. All I know is that for some reason, Dave, Sam and Al can not get it together.

So it is with this mindset that I attended the Detroit show. I was not expecting to see a Dave era show full of wild showmanship and a dream set list. Nor was I expecting to see the kind of 2.5 hour show from the 5150 Tour with some great musicianship, dual guitar leads and Sammy running around in the rafters. I was just going to a concert to hear some music. For background…I saw VH on the tours for 1984, 5150, OU812 and F.U.C.K. I saw Sammy on the Mars tour and saw Sammy and Dave on their co-headlining tour.

Speaking of concerts…I have attended hundreds since my first show when I was 12 and saw Gordon Lightfoot in Toledo in 1976. I have seen every style…from Sinatra to Kiss…from Steely Dan to GWAR…from Elvis on his final tour to Metallica…from Barry Manilow to Korn…and yes I have even seen the Pope. So here are the facts and the review of VH 2004 at the fabulous Palace Of Auburn Hills from a concert veteran of 28 years…

Well to start off…$15 for parking pissed me off (that's 2 beers!!!) as did the fact the guy sitting next to me was so huge he took up two seats. Luckily he moved after a few songs. It’s the story of my life though…15,000 people there and the HUGE guy has to sit next to me when I am already cramped at 6’4”.

As for the show…I will start with the bad. My number one complaint is that the sound mix was horrible. It was beyond bad. It reminded me of concerts I would see in the 1980’s where the P.A. consisted of stacks of cheap speakers cranked up all the way. There was a guy mixing the sound…but all he seemed to do was turn up the volume to the max. For example, the opening song “Jump” was so muddled and bass heavy…it was almost unrecognizable. In this day and age of modern technology…I rarely hear bad sound at a concert. For example…Iron Maiden is always deafening…but still crystal clear. There have been so many advancements in technology that every show should have killer sound.

Complaint #2. The new songs are just awful. But hey…it gave me an opportunity to pee and freshen my beer.

And now the good…and there was a lot of it. Once I got past the bad sound mix which improved a little as the show progressed…the show was incredible. No shit. The whole venue was going nuts and from what I could see everyone from the floor to the upper bowl was standing. The Roth-era tunes whipped the crowd into such a frenzy that had Dave been up there singing the tunes…the venue would have been burned down to the ground. I thought to myself…if people are going this nuts for Sammy…they would start a fucking riot with Dave. No joke…people were losing their fucking minds. It was very cool.

Eddie was in great form although he seems to be sweating in Jimmy Page proportions nowadays. Someone get that man a towel! It was great to see him again. He is a guy that changed the face of music and I was listening to him play. I enjoyed his solo as he played new stuff along with his classic riffs. When he pulled out the Kramer during the show I yelled “Holy shit…the Kramer!” I don’t think anyone around me knew what I was talking about. The main thing about Eddie is that he had a ton of energy and seemed genuinely happy to be back. No Wolfie at the show however.

Can someone answer me a question though? In the day of wireless…what is the deal with that HUGE cord on Eddie’s guitar? The thing is like a phone cable.

Another good thing about the show is that I actually liked Alex’s drum solo. On the past tours it always seemed to be a snoozer…but this time around he was actually doing some good snare work and rolls. He got a huge ovation at the end of his drum solo.

Mikey is holding down the upper vocal parts even more than ever. He hit some of the high harmonies with Sammy and even sang a few verses. Jack was present as was openly drinking on-stage. Ya gotta love it.

As for Sammy…he delivered a solid performance. The dual lead vocals with Mikey on “Humans Being” and finally getting to hear “Dreams” live were highlights for me. Sammy sang the Roth-era tunes well…but it wouldn’t have mattered how he sounded. As soon as the crowd heard the start of “Unchained” or “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love” they went berserk. TV’s Corky, Chris Burke could have sang the Roth-era stuff and the crowd would have gone mad. I don’t mean to belabor this point…but people were going nuts…crazy…out of their minds. Again…with Dave at the helm they’d need cops in every aisle. The crowd would be out of control.

So overall…it was a great show and if you are fan of Eddie and his music you should go. All 4 members seemed to be sincerely having a great time. They focused on the Hagar-era stuff which made sense. I’d like to hear a few more Roth-era tunes sprinkled in…but hey…until Eddie calls me and asks me to write his set list I’ll have to wait.

The main question is where do they go now? Do they do a new album with Sammy as he approaches 60? It’s great to go on tour and crank out the hits…but you can only live on nostalgia for so long. I had a blast (as well as a Blatz or two) at this show…but if VH comes back in a year or so, I want to see a new show.

It will be interesting to see what develops…
    Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Wink

LOL! That was a good'n....

CatDaddyRoth
    Great review, John. Thanks.

guwapo_rocker

Re: Detroit Show Review

Originally posted by JohnStockwell

What did the Pope play??

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Didnt he say that the Pope did all Gwar cover songs?

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking

LOL!!! That's why I love this board. No singing from the Pope when I saw him in 1987. I did catch two of his guitar picks though.

J

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Are there any attendence numbers yet?

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Would it be cool to see VH with Dave at the helm? Of course. The tour would be a blockbuster…a huge success…and would draw the kind of cash that the Stones or Springsteen haul in. Would it be killer to see Dave doing a jump off the drum riser at the opening of “Jump” on the 2004 tour as opposed to Sammy just walking out on stage? Yes. Does it suck that the VH bros. can’t get it together with Dave? Yes.

So it is with this mindset that I attended the Detroit show. I was not expecting to see a Dave era show full of wild showmanship and a dream set list.

The Roth-era tunes whipped the crowd into such a frenzy that had Dave been up there singing the tunes…the venue would have been burned down to the ground. I thought to myself…if people are going this nuts for Sammy…they would start a fucking riot with Dave. No joke…people were losing their fucking minds. It was very cool.

Eddie was in great form although he seems to be sweating in Jimmy Page proportions nowadays. When he pulled out the Kramer during the show I yelled “Holy shit…the Kramer!” I don’t think anyone around me knew what I was talking about.

Sammy sang the Roth-era tunes well…but it wouldn’t have mattered how he sounded. As soon as the crowd heard the start of “Unchained” or “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love” they went berserk. TV’s Corky, Chris Burke could have sang the Roth-era stuff and the crowd would have gone mad. I don’t mean to belabor this point…but people were going nuts…crazy…out of their minds. Again…with Dave at the helm they’d need cops in every aisle. The crowd would be out of control.

...but hey, until The ROTH ARMY calls me and asks me to write a review of a F***KIN VAN HAGAR CONCERT - I'll Wait.

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by ALinChainz
    Are there any attendence numbers yet?
    164....But "they were all losing their fucking minds!!"

guwapo_rocker

Detroit Review

A couple of interesting things in here...

Van Halen rocks in more mellow mode
    Review
    DETROIT
    THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
    Monday, July 12, 2004
    By Doug Pullen
    dpullen@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6140
    DETROIT - There was a telling moment late into Saturday's Van Halen concert at Joe Louis Arena.

Guitar Eddie Van Halen pulled off a fan's homemade banner that singer Sammy Hagar had wrapped around himself like a cape. It read "Right now Sammy's in Detroit, Dave's unemployed," a shot at former Van Halen frontman and co-founding member David Lee Roth, whom Hagar replaced 17 years ago.

Hagar was booted, or at least strongly encouraged to leave the band in 1996, the result of rising tensions, particularly between Hagar and Van Halen. They traded bitter barbs in the press. Hagar felt betrayed, but rebounded - albeit with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

Van Halen tried to move on with a new singer, Extreme's Gary Cherone, but fans weren't happy.

The futures of Van Halen - the guitarist and the band - looked bleakest four years ago when he was diagnosed with tongue cancer.

The good news is that Eddie Van Halen beat the cancer and has a new lease on life. His band is back, healthy and very happy with Hagar again in the fold.

Maybe that's why Eddie didn't make a big deal out of the banner/cape Saturday, the first of two Detroit-area appearances (the other was Sunday at The Palace of Auburn Hills) expected to draw around 30,000 people over the weekend.

He didn't rip it from Hagar's shoulders, or make a big stink about it, as he might have done years ago. He discreetly pulled it off.

The man considered one of rock's premier guitarists might have stomped around in a huff had he accidentally unplugged his guitar, as he did at the start of "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" on Saturday. But that Eddie Van Halen is gone.

At 49 and clearly appreciative of his new lease on life and a chance to return to the spotlight, Eddie Van Halen was all smiles Saturday night. He was also playful - dancing, jumping, spinning around on his back, high-fiving his bandmates, frequently raising a clenched fist in the air, even hugging and kissing Hagar on more than one occasion.

Oh, yeah, he played a pretty mean guitar, too.

This wasn't the well-oiled machine version of the band, known for its extensive touring in its heyday. They've only been back together for a few months. They relied heavily on the hits, though all three new songs from their forthcoming double-CD greatest hits collection, were included.

Hagar seemed to embrace Roth-era songs with a clear appreciation of the legacy that he is a part of and that came before him.

Explosive versions of "You Really Got Me" (their first hit in 1978) and "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" were particularly impressive, as was the formidable power of bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen.

But it was an obviously appreciative Eddie Van Halen who played with the most ferocity and intensity, reminiscent of his and the band's early days, when Van Halen rewrote the book on hard rock guitar.

"It's good to be back," he said during his perfunctory solo segment.

The audience felt the same way, pelting the stage with everything from cigarettes and T-shirts to bras and panties.

"Right now is the appreciation of reality," Hagar said, introducing the inspirational anthem "Right Now."

"Right now," he added, is all that really matters.

But maybe one of the messages that ran on the giant video screen behind the stage during that song put this whole love fest in perspective.

"Right now," it said, "Eddie is feeling great."

Clearly, he was. So was the audience. And why wouldn't they? Van Halen is back.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/f...4715760730.xml

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, DLR_EngineRoom, I agree.

John - we don't want to hear a "it wasn't Dave - but it was pretty good" review. YOU are part of the problem.

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

Guitar Eddie Van Halen pulled off a fan's homemade banner that singer Sammy Hagar had wrapped around himself like a cape. It read "Right now Sammy's in Detroit, Dave's unemployed," a shot at former Van Halen frontman and co-founding member David Lee Roth, whom Hagar replaced 17 years ago.

Sammy wearing that banner sums it all up. He has no class and is insecure about being VH's #2 singer. HE IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Have always preferred the sound of a cord over a wireless unit myself.

Hagar is clearly threatened by the classic legacy, but this is nothing new. From all indications, even from the sheep, the crowd's loudest cheers are reserved for when the band launches into a classic song.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by Figs
    Sammy wearing that banner sums it all up. He has no class and is insecure about being VH's #2 singer. HE IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE

Like Dave wouldnt have wron the banner if Dave was in the band. Lighten up pussy.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Yes, but Dave was the original singer, of course he would've worn it dumb-ass. Its a statement. When Sam shills himself it screams of insecurities. You can't see that?
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Yes, but Dave was the original singer, of course he would've worn it dumb-ass. Its a statement. When Sam shills himself it screams of insecurities. You can't see that?
    I was saying if it was reversed.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    him being the original singer doesnt make a difference....both would wear it and have zero class...plus its a f'in sign like the one you plan on making and throwing up there

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by L.S.D.
    Like Dave wouldnt have wron the banner if Dave was in the band. Lighten up pussy.
    If he does, then that would be an asshole move too. OK internet tough guy? I wonder how many people you call a pussy in person.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave would probably make fun of Sammy so much if he was the lead singer now...

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    sammy is insecure about dlr, dlr is insecure about sammy...add in the huge baggage that is Ed, Al, and Mike and you have a bunch of fuckin headcases that make some damn good music together

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
    sammy is insecure about dlr, dlr is insecure about sammy...add in the huge baggage that is Ed, Al, and Mike and you have a bunch of fuckin headcases that make some damn good music together
    I doubt very much that Dave is insecure about Sammy Gizsponge.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    he sure talked the same amount of crap at sam that sam was talking about him...both are childish as shit.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey LSD. Guess what? Yep, you guessed it.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    from Elvis on his final tour…
    Now that's cool, I'm envious.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good review, thanks.
    "Simply said....God is Ed!!"

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm suspicious of anybody who says that Hagar sang the Roth songs well.

Very suspicious.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
    he sure talked the same amount of crap at sam that sam was talking about him...both are childish as shit.
    Always thought all that guttersniping in the press was kind of lame all around. Airing your dirty laundry in public, etc.

But Roth laced his comments with humor and style, as opposed to terminal whining (Ed and Alex) or just plain lying (Hagar).

Then again the soap-opera theatrics that have been going on for the last 20 years are far more interesting than any music Halen's put out in that time, so I guess we can all be grateful for it. Not like Van Hagar could keep quiet and let the music do the talking, because then there'd really be nothing to say.

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I dunno...

That's a hell of a review... I actually dozed off in the middle of it... F-Sam anyway... F-Ed too while I'm at it.
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    John - we don't want to hear a "it wasn't Dave - but it was pretty good" review. YOU are part of the problem.

Thanks for thinking so highly of me! ;-) I do enjoy lively discussion. The following is just a bit of funnin' with ya...

A conversation between Ed and Al December 2003....

AL: Well Ed....Whaddaya say we get Sammy back in the band?

ED: I dunno Al. I dunno. What will the fans think?

AL: Well...I do know this. If we play Detroit...John Stockwell will attend the show. I think the fact that he is attending is our green light to launch a full tour, release a double-CD and two DVD's.

ED: Well why didn't you say so?! Call Sammy now!!!

;-)

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by Figs
    If he does, then that would be an asshole move too. OK internet tough guy? I wonder how many people you call a pussy in person.

many pussy.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    many pussy.
    None pussy.

You're mom doesn't let you talk that way in her house.

Clean your room.

guwapo_rocker

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by ALinChainz
    None pussy.

You're mom doesn't let you talk that way in her house.

Clean your room.

what are you talking about?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And you call others retarded. Try and follow.

You were asked how many people you call "pussy" in person.

You replied "many pussy".

I replied to that saying "none pussy", because the way Ive heard it here, you live with your mom, and I doubt she would let you talk that way in her house, that and you would get your ass kicked.

Lots of info about you here it seems, and none of it good.

Apparently, you're an asshole, internet wide.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I notice you haven't done much replying in that thread dedicated to you in the other forum.

Makes sense.

sharkbit
    John I was second row at the Auburn Hills show. Nice going on the review! Re listen to Up For Breakfast the music is smokin' hot!! Van Halen kicked major ass! Hey Dave's doing a gig in New York in September. Here's a link from DLR's drummer Ray Luzier, who by the way is awesome http://www.rayluzier.com/tour.shtml

Thread Information