X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
    You guys totally miss the self deprecating humour?

Again, this may be a reason why the grohlster and crew are so popular in Australia.
    We understand the subtle art of “taking the piss”.

It’s a bit different to waving your hiney at a camera wearing a sparkly g banger leotard while singing ‘look who’s back in circulation’… that’s just crass.
    "the grohlster?"
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Piss is what Kristy showers on Great Britain and the common wealth. If Jimmy Page is around the showers are extra heavy.
      I will shit on his grave. Someday

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Ha! Jimmy lives not far from where my sister used to live in London. Just west of Hyde Park.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

Yep, we add a ‘ie’ ‘o’ ‘ster’ ‘a’ and other things to your name.
          Here you’d be known as tezza.

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Yeah, he's a fill-in from all that kangaroo rooting you Fosters drinking freaks do.
            No one in Australia drinks Fosters.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

VB was the beer in Oz when I was there. I remember taking a walk around Melbourne and this tanker truck was running a hose into a bar and I’m wondering why they are buying heating oil when the weather is hot. Turns out the big tanker truck was a beer truck. Ha! Ha! I was in Jamaica and there was a tanker truck that said Rum Only. I got a picture of that somewhere.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Ha! Jimmy lives not far from where my sister used to live in London. Just west of Hyde Park.
                He's lived a long time considering his lifestyle back in the 70s. Some of his girlfriends from those days must be pushing 60 years old by now.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

To be fair, The Foos have always been out there, they are named after the early WWII moniker of UFO's.

Bands sometimes do films, The Beatles ones suck but are entertaining nevertheless...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I must have posted this before but I'm with Ash and the rest of the colonial commoners from the prison island on this one. I was at the first Foo Fighters tour and then didn't really follow them until I went to a show 2 1/2 years ago and was kind of blown away.

At this point they are amazing live if you throw yourself into it a bit, one of the very best gigs I've ever been to. Watching my teenage kids WTAF reaction to The Pretender opening being at their first proper rock gig with 30 000 crazy Scottish fans outside on a summer night will stay with me forever never mind them.

I sort of get the bitchin about Dave Grohl because he sometimes seems to be everywhere but hating someone for having fun and being happy and positive? If he wasn't doing that then everyone would be saying what they say about most rock stars - what is your fucking problem stop moaning, give something back, be accessible to your fanbase and so on.

Rare moment of me disagreeing with Terry about something musical but I don't think they are purposeless. I think they have some really good songs and some unique originality in their best work coming from Grohl injecting less obvious rhythm into it. I'm a bit of a greatest hits fan of them but at their best there is a lot of work put into the song structures. I also much prefer that they have added a couple of people live onstage now so they don't need to use tapes,

I won't watch the movie, I don't know if they made up the haunting of their last recording to help sell this movie or vice versa I don't care.

Someone mentioned the Super Bowl and of course they would be absolutely perfect for that and I don't know why they haven't yet. I have noticed that for a while now the halftime show has been way more about getting people to watch who wouldn't otherwise be there - most of the Foo Fighters fans are already watching so why bother. Not that anyone could ever accuse the people that run football or TV of ever being more concerned with revenue than joe public...
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-22-2022, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      He's lived a long time considering his lifestyle back in the 70s. Some of his girlfriends from those days must be pushing 60 years old by now.
                      He’s doing ok. I read about his historic house in some architectural magazine. He won’t play an electric guitar in it out of fear the sound vibrations will damage the delicate plasterwork. I found that pretty funny.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Every band does stupid shit. Van Halen made that Pretty Woman video which busted the needle on the Dumb as Fuck meter.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

It’s actually four years ago to the day we saw the foostravaganza.

There was a sexy summer moon, and the weez played all the great stuff on the warm up bill.
                          Then the foo came out and played three hours of epic music. It was soon after Mal Young’s passing, and we’d heard them do ACDC before. Sadly, we got Taylor and the cockhead from wolf mother doing ‘under pressure’.
                          I and 40 thousand other people had a great time.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Saw that Foo Fighters horror flick preview at the movies this past weekend...looked as fucking awful in the previews as it sounded as an idea.

The "Grohlster" indeed.

Fuckin' lame-O.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Does Dave Grohl jump a shark in the movie?

Comment

Working...