ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Here's my VH Mailbox.

VH-Mailbox-3.jpg

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Dave should've hired people to do all the marketing for him and have him just be the approval guy. I actually thought he did have people do that for his tattoo cream.

But he didnt use his own celeb cred to help market it. Maybe it would've moved sales big time had he attached his name and likeness to the product. Ads for it could have used old footage of Roth doing his acrobatic feats from the old days including the famous mountain climbing footage from Skyscraper.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Here's my VH Mailbox.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17267[/ATTACH]
        Too bad your address isn't 5150.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
          Dave should've hired people to do all the marketing for him and have him just be the approval guy. I actually thought he did have people do that for his tattoo cream.

But he didnt use his own celeb cred to help market it. Maybe it would've moved sales big time had he attached his name and likeness to the product. Ads for it could have used old footage of Roth doing his acrobatic feats from the old days including the famous mountain climbing footage from Skyscraper.
          Dave is an interesting guy and lot's of attention getting potential there but no effort made. Rick Nielsen owns a pizza joint in Chicago and does a great job promoting it using his quirky personality and just selling the product which is a great thin crust pizza in a deep dish town. It's called being in the game. You can't do business half assed.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            Every celeb has a hot sauce.
            Or a barbeque sauce.
            Or a clothing line.
            Or an alcohol line.
            Or a perfume.
            Or a podcast.

Celeb endorsements have become so ubiquitous as to be meaningless.
            Yup. A few do a good job at marketing their stuff. Our daughter came home to visit with a bunch of friends and the bathroom was full of Gwen Stefani makeup. She must be doing ok.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Dave is an interesting guy and lot's of attention getting potential there but no effort made. Rick Nielsen owns a pizza joint in Chicago and does a great job promoting it using his quirky personality and just selling the product which is a great thin crust pizza in a deep dish town. It's called being in the game. You can't do business half assed.
              Exactly.

"1980s Dave" can be a hot seller in itself. People, heck a lot of young people, marvel at him on all those old videos and concerts. He can push a lot of that onto anything and people will eat it up.

But he doesn't. Not sure why.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Most people try and become rock stars so they don't have to work, maybe becoming a tequila salesman doesn't interest him.

Not everyone cares about having $60 million in the bank instead of $30 million. Those LLCs would only have cost him a few hundred $s each, it's pocket change.

Comment

• DFVH5150
                  Groupie
                  • Apr 2004

Not that I have a tattoo, but that sucks for Dave. My girlfriend has a couple so I did buy one for her.

He was selling cologne? I would've bought some. Was that through INK?
                  Dave
                  VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Apparently Tony Iommi is coming out with his own cologne. No joke.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I read yesterday, that Dave lost $7 million on this venture gone wrong.

Comment

Working...