• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    More like .02%...
    The government should air drop a bunch of test kits over Afghanistan since we love to throw money away and leave lots of stuff there.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

Imagine if all those pointless war trillions went to science?

At the very least the JWST would have been on time and near the budget.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Imagine... Some common sense and simple adjustments that could help rather than continue this madness.

The in-home tests are a great idea and should be made available widely. The previous method of sending all the sick people to centralized locations for testing was a poor choice. Concentrating the sick in areas briefly then redispersing them to the community... that only contributed to further spreading and contributed to mutations. It was stupid, costly, and ineffective.

Masks... mostly ineffective in both preventing transmission and/or protecting the wearer. Better masks distributed to the general public won't cause a measurable reduction in transmission rates. It'll just result in wasted money and further the bullshit hygiene theater and associated psychosis on both sides of this... No country needs to invest spending on disposable, expensive surgical masks to be worn by fools on their chins, while walking alone outdoors or while driving alone in their car.

How about a cultural change... sick, got a fever, coughing, runny nose..? Stay the fuck at home!! Seriously... most companies provide paid sick time, some even kicked up pandemic paid time off... yet I see people obviously ill, dragging it into work for what? Attendance awards? We're in a global pandemic and idiots insist on going to work, traveling all around the globe... WTF? Can we stop and be smart for a couple of days..? How about mandating paid sick time and writing up idiots who show up to work sick..?

We gotta learn to live with this virus... current crap ain't cutting it.
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            Imagine... Some common sense and simple adjustments that could help rather than continue this madness.

The in-home tests are a great idea and should be made available widely. The previous method of sending all the sick people to centralized locations for testing was a poor choice. Concentrating the sick in areas briefly then redispersing them to the community... that only contributed to further spreading and contributed to mutations. It was stupid, costly, and ineffective.

Masks... mostly ineffective in both preventing transmission and/or protecting the wearer. Better masks distributed to the general public won't cause a measurable reduction in transmission rates. It'll just result in wasted money and further the bullshit hygiene theater and associated psychosis on both sides of this... No country needs to invest spending on disposable, expensive surgical masks to be worn by fools on their chins, while walking alone outdoors or while driving alone in their car.

How about a cultural change... sick, got a fever, coughing, runny nose..? Stay the fuck at home!! Seriously... most companies provide paid sick time, some even kicked up pandemic paid time off... yet I see people obviously ill, dragging it into work for what? Attendance awards? We're in a global pandemic and idiots insist on going to work, traveling all around the globe... WTF? Can we stop and be smart for a couple of days..? How about mandating paid sick time and writing up idiots who show up to work sick..?

We gotta learn to live with this virus... current crap ain't cutting it.
            Still watching a lot of Fox News, are you?

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
              Still watching a lot of Fox News, are you?
              No, we have no cable services. I formulated my opinion based on working in the health services industry...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

You watch some derivative of it. Oh, and if you did work, you'd know there no such thing at "paid sick leave" for COVID. It's why so many have died in the name of capitalism

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                  Imagine if all those pointless war trillions went to science?

At the very least the JWST would have been on time and near the budget.
                  If you take what we wasted in Iraq and Afghanistan and divided it by the taxpayers and gave the amount in a check to each taxpayer it would have been a more productive use of the funds. At least that money would be spent at home and stimulate the economy. It would be one big party.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    You watch some derivative of it. Oh, and if you did work, you'd know there no such thing at "paid sick leave" for COVID. It's why so many have died in the name of capitalism
                    Yup. Sick kids get sent to school because nobody is home to watch them.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Next we will have an environmental disaster because of used mask pollution.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Masks... mostly ineffective in both preventing transmission and/or protecting the wearer. Better masks distributed to the general public won't cause a measurable reduction in transmission rates.
                        I'm not sure about that I guess because no one is.

The only 'proper' research I saw said they were 10-20% effective, I think there are problems properly measuring stuff like that and if you try and research using real world numbers it's difficult because maybe the kind of people who wear masks are also more careful with other things. It seems like common sense to think that it's better than nothing but it can become a bit crazy.

The rules here towards the end of the year were that in a nightclub if you were standing you had to have a mask on unless you were dancing. The couple of gigs I had around Xmas New Year were cancelled in the end but I was wondering in lead up if we should be trying to get the audience to dance or telling them not to.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

That alone right there is 100% Fox Spews Right-wing horseshit. Mostly ineffective means to a MAGA like Zoo Boy is that is his a "victim" of some Obama-esque FEMA camp conspiracy where the "elites" are taking over with their "Commie agenda." or whatever-in-the-fuck MAGA paranoia they blindly subscribe to.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Yup. Sick kids get sent to school because nobody is home to watch them.
                            Yeah, not like the law requires it or anything.

Comment

• silverfish
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2007

Looks like you'll soon be able to get free N-95 masks from the gov't:

The Biden administration is distributing 400 million free N95 masks through pharmacies and health centers. Here’s what we know about the program.

Three per adult, pick up in person at a local pharmacy - no USPS distribution.
                              Originally posted by sadaist
                              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

surgical masks to be worn by fools on their chins, while walking alone outdoors or while driving alone in their car.
                                Just a quick point on this, I used to mock people doing that and then a few times have found myself doing it. It's not always dumb, I did it because I was travelling 5 or 10 minutes between 2 places in the car both of which I would need to wear a mask at. If say you have headphones it's quicker and easier to just keep the mask on for a bit.

Also lots of older people wear expensive hearing aids these days and lots of them are lost from taking masks on and off.

It's funny the things that annoy you(and I include myself in that) during a pandemic. For a while I became obsessed with people wearing masks over their mouths but not their noses.

Comment

Working...