• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    I hear ya Terry & Nitro...

Yes your expectations are too high to a degree... look at all the great rock tunes that lifted the bar over the last 50 years. That's some tall order to find something within the rock genre that can light the fires like VH did in the day.

I'm sure there's some really great rock music being written and produced today... the real challenge is sorting through the noise to find it. Then try finding a place to experience it live that's enjoyable too.
    I think that is correct in that there must be some creative original rock music being made somewhere...but it is that sorting through the noise, where I wouldn't know where to start.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      That's where she comes in

None of that hippie boring recycled bullshit. No covers, no gimmicks (okay, a bit gimmicky), and no Phish. Just marketed entertainment.
      So Lady Gaga-lite is the answer?

Although honestly a 2nd rate Lady Gaga would be infinitely preferrable to seeing yet another amateur rock band covering a Van Halen tune, or the 10 millionth youtuber guitar player wanking Eruption in their bedroom.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I cannot help you now. For those who dare criticize Poppy bring about a family curse that will last for generations

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

It was admittedly a snarky backhanded comment re: the obvious Gaga visual influence, but it wasn't a criticism...

...fuck, man, I don't need a generational (or even a simple short-term) family curse...please let Poppy know I meant no harm...

...if it IS to be a family curse, can I at least select which family members the curse could be directed toward? Because honestly there are more than a few said members (they know who they are and what they did and didn't do) I would lose zero sleep over re: THEM being cursed...it wasn't exactly Flowers In The Attic with my family, but it was hardly the fuckin' Brady Bunch, either.

Just don't curse me. I'm already paying for what I did.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...