X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    There is nothing more corporate or more mainstream in the fucking world than Spotify.

This Rogan thing is so weird to me and probably to some of you who have been on these forums for years, it's like if HITCH1969 ended up on the news cited as one of the most dangerous people on the planet. Really fucking strange...

ROGAINE will almost certainly end up technically causing more deaths than Osama Bin Laden just by having no fucking filter on his guests and believing the last thing anyone said to him..
    I always assumed His Hitchness WAS one of the most dangerous people on the planet...dangerous to where I never wanted to cross him.

Beyond that, fuck Rogan, Young AND Mitchell. Or not. Or whatever. At some point down the line Rogan will be as relevant as Young and Mitchell are today.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      I always assumed His Hitchness WAS one of the most dangerous people on the planet...dangerous to where I never wanted to cross him.

Beyond that, fuck Rogan, Young AND Mitchell. Or not. Or whatever. At some point down the line Rogan will be as relevant as Young and Mitchell are today.
      Joe isn’t that interesting but people like the openness of his show or hate it. Either way everyone is talking about Joe’s show. He’s either triggering people or giving them a hard on. He’s the new counter culture.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

does Rogan take a swipe at Joni Mitchell?

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Joe isn’t that interesting but people like the openness of his show or hate it. Either way everyone is talking about Joe’s show. He’s either triggering people or giving them a hard on. He’s the new counter culture.

In principle, I'd prefer a podcast that was totally uncensored. It was only a couple of weeks ago - before the Neil Young biz - that I actually watched an entire episode of Rogan's podcast, as opposed to just clips of interviews.

Dunno quite how 'counter culture' one can be on a Spotify platform making $100 million or whatever, though doubtless some who watch him regularly think he is edgy or outside the mainstream. I'm not really sure Rogan in terms of his personality or persona is quite my cup of tea, but he is not an unintelligent person to be sure. From what I can tell, his show doesn't have any direct sponsorship, which is a plus. I mean, the guy has had a massive degree of success with the podcast and according to him it all has been 100% on his terms, so who am I to nitpick?
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"Everyone talking about his show" but losing billions doesn't exactly prove the notion that "there is no such thing as bad publicity."...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He's "sorry"...

Rogan is an old whore whose uterus is all used up...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                does Rogan take a swipe at Joni Mitchell?

It's classic Rogan fact checking, he quotes a Mitchell song which isn't by her and some bullshit about how you would have been cancelled last summer if you had said that you could still catch COVID after vaccination. Just nonsense no one ever said it made you invincible. Then rambles on about being a roadie at at Neil Young show, who cares so what?

The two 'experts' he mentioned are nuts and having your name on one paper does not make Murdoch the inventor or one of the inventors of the mRNA vaccine technology, in fact the minute he claimed that set huge warning alarms off for me.

Video of Spotify host Joe Rogan’s controversial interview with a doctor known for making false claims about the COVID-19

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What Rogan didn't get and is maybe just starting to is that there is a line when it isn't just you shooting the shit getting stoned in your 'mancave' and that line is way before you have millions in your audience. If you are on Spotify being paid tens of millions you are the fucking Mainstream Media. After all these years he's still doing the bullshit he used to do when he was a moon landing denier of saying 'Hey i'm just asking questions'. I'll go straight to Hitler to save time, Rogan would have given him a 3 hour podcast saying he had some interesting ideas.

Terry, Rogan isn't stupid but he's not wise because he has no clue about critical thinking, he doesn't have any skills in working out what is true and what isn't especially when it comes to anything scientific. He's the kind of guy who believes the last thing someone said to him.

Also it's pretty ironic that if you look at virtually any story about this you have a total pile on of 100s of Rogan podcast viewers shouting everyone down about how they want to do their own research and shut up.

People seem to have forgotten that until recently his main advertiser was 'magical' brain supplements that claimed to make you smarter... talk about snake oil the jokes write themselves at that point.

Watching some of the reaction in the last week is like when you see Sharon Osbourne playing the character of the loveable mother hen on daytime TV and everyone lapping it up because they weren't paying attention during the prefame decades...

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      In principle, I'd prefer a podcast that was totally uncensored. It was only a couple of weeks ago - before the Neil Young biz - that I actually watched an entire episode of Rogan's podcast, as opposed to just clips of interviews.

Dunno quite how 'counter culture' one can be on a Spotify platform making $100 million or whatever, though doubtless some who watch him regularly think he is edgy or outside the mainstream. I'm not really sure Rogan in terms of his personality or persona is quite my cup of tea, but he is not an unintelligent person to be sure. From what I can tell, his show doesn't have any direct sponsorship, which is a plus. I mean, the guy has had a massive degree of success with the podcast and according to him it all has been 100% on his terms, so who am I to nitpick?
                      Joe is far from done.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Joe Rogan is entertainment. He’s not doing a medical show. He’s a pot smoking Art Bell. My hell, everyone has their panties in a bind over nothing. Fuck. Get ten doctors you will get ten different opinions. One thing for sure. If you say something the big pharmaceutical companies don’t like they will come after your ass. They are the biggest advertisers in the media and they are big lobbyists. Seems to be most the establishment is in their pocket. Anyone who thinks Joe Rogan is a menace is an idiot.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Anyways people need to stop wasting their time with all this entertainment shit. You know why 1% of the population control most the assets? They play the rest of the population like a fiddle with divide and conquer games and they rob everyone blind. They’ve made billions off of Covid while everyone else are running around in circles arguing over silly shit like Joe Rogan.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Anyone who thinks Joe Rogan is a menace is an idiot.
                            On this one issue he has been a menace. One of my friends in his 50s cites the Rogan podcasts as the reason why he is refusing to get booster vaccine or any more COVID vaccines. This gives him a 50-80 times higher chance of being hospitalized by a COVID infection. He's fit enough so 80 times quite a small number but it is what it is.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The interesting irony of all this... is the old rebel becomes the establishment he used to call out and protest over.

The media outlier becomes the mainstream attraction which he was previous famous for bashing...

Neither party seems or appears comfortable with their role juxtaposition but has no graceful way out of the mess they created.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Well, there's always Apple Music. Remember them?

Comment

Working...