DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Oh dear. It's worse than what I originally thought about you.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post

Joe Rogan's "I work out and am indestructible" shit
    Sounds like me!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 3 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-04-2022),Seshmeister (02-04-2022),ZahZoo (02-05-2022)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ohio.gov

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    No John Hopkins, you walking toxic freshwater mutant.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The water has protected me from the WuFlu

8. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (02-05-2022)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    "WuFlu"???

How racist and unfunny. Where do you think that virus originated from? Lake Fucking Erie. Mix in some diesel fuel leaking from sunken ships, megatons of dumped medical waste, add some nuclear disposal and top it all off with MAGAs on shitty Chinese-made sailboats and you have a pandemic in the making.

Ohio.gov!

10. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (02-05-2022)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

woo

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hippie.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Here's some Lake Erie trivia knowledge for you all: The Edmund Fitzgerald disaster was no disaster at all. That ship would rather kill itself then ever have to set sail in Lake Erie. TRUE.

"I want to live."

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

Except that was Lake Superior, not Lake Erie. Gordon Lightfoot told me so....

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
    Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
    When the gales of November come early

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you read ALL the lyrics then how in the fuck did that ship ever make it to Cleveland?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Quit being silly. How can I be a "KKKristy" and have a disgust for Nazis at the same time? I take it you're a Bill Burlap Bag fan. No shame in that other then he's misogynistic unfunny asshole with the face of a cheese grater. As for John "Senate Shaming" Stewart he's another banal corporate tool. Buttplug sold his soul to Apple and for what? A watch and a shitty iPad that will dead in less than a year? I get it. I really do. Stewart along with slave FORD's muck rakers like Puke Yugur seem to strike some sort of "I'm too cool to think for myself" counter-culture hippie cunt cult vibe among your boring generation of sell-outs. Stewart is being paid by suits who are most likely Nazis and being told what to say and how to say it. Same for all the rest of this pseudo-intellectual shitbags (except Seth Meyers) who suck corporate dick. Rogan, Dore, Puke, Stewart, Cucker - they are all the same. Not one of them gives a fuck about you. What they give a fuck about is conning you so they can get more and more corporate money. For it is the corporations who run this shit no matter what your fucking political bias is. These motherfuckers go home to multi-million dollar houses while those they bullshit have no clue as to how they are going to pay rent, buy food much less survive the next day. So slave FORD can fuck off with this "Humanist Report" where some rich hipster douche spews out the obvious and "Dumb Turks" who do absolutely no research of their own but gather derivative news only to complain about like rich entitled whipped puppies. slave FORD thinks that shit is brilliant. That is why he is a slave. Like you. And that's what Nazis want: slaves.

So ask yourself right now what yo want to do with your life:

Continue to be a slave to Nazi corporate interest

or

Fucking think for yourself

I do admire the passion especially at your age.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now listen to this dumb limey motherfucker here. No question he is pure filth. Katy bought him a two million dollar home in L.A. and he still won't shut the fuck up much less know what a bar of soap is. What he is saying is the typical Nazi shit BUT he does attack Young's hypocrisy while blowing Amazon for their "Hi-Res Audio" which is nothing more than a marketing term. By the way, it's "Tidal" and "MQA" who stream true "Hi-Res Audio" which is really digital upsampling which is noise. But do you see how they are all the same? It's all about who you can con, who you can bullshit. I wonder if there is a way to deport this limey piece of shit. He's a danger to America:
    Calm down he's been back living in the heart of the most conservative bit of England in a $5 million house for the last 5 or 6 years,

He has all the sophistication of a passionate grade 12 politics student discovering the world isn't fair - wow. Doing it as you approach middle age in a fucking mansion not so good.

Unlike Rogan he has at least been funny a few times...

18. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (02-05-2022)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Talentless limey loudmouth got lucky.

I’m with kristoff on this one.

20. Thanked ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-05-2022)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Ha! You posted that after the fact. Besides, isn't it bitching that you anti-vaxxers fucking hate academia much less any science that displays truth and not some Alex Jone$ "we're all going to die" mumbo-jumbo? You're another right-wing whipped puppy. You complain complain and complain because instead of doing anything pro-active against this fucking virus you want others to kiss your F A T ass and work for you as they endanger their own lives. When they don't you cry foul or worse "hoax" all because you can't go to a hardware store and get yourself a fucking light bulb. You can't fool me. You're a Fox Spews watching addict. Your post reflect it.
    You're fucking delusional on all accounts... and wrong about me. When did I ever post anything anti-vaxx..?

At least my post motivated Nickie-D to conjure up a shitload of intellectual institutional snobbery between university cork-sniffers. For once his post contained some actual smart people's opinions that were able to assemble a reasonably cognitive point of view. Good to see him stepping up his game...

For the record, I don't believe anyone studying or reporting things on this virus and pandemic has gotten it all right... best one can do at this phase is read the available information with an open mind and formulate a risk strategy that they are comfortable with.

22. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (02-06-2022)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Calm down he's been back living in the heart of the most conservative bit of England in a $5 million house for the last 5 or 6 years,

He has all the sophistication of a passionate grade 12 politics student discovering the world isn't fair - wow. Doing it as you approach middle age in a fucking mansion not so good.

Unlike Rogan he has at least been funny a few times...

He did live in L.A. for quite some time and...and...would not be surprised if Katy's money went into buying him the conservative house. Funny? More like annoying. He did hit on saying that it's all about who controls the information and how that information is distributed So I stil stand by my Nazi statement(s)

Here's a 5 second copy and pasted lame ass argument that explains everything straight out of the playbook of Joseph Goebbels.

Examples of propaganda under the Nazis included:

Glorifying Adolf Hitler by using his image on postcards, posters, and in the press;

Substitute Fox Spews, OAN and the other one I forget about and simply apply it to Trump, AOC, Spotify, Facebook. What-the-fuck-ever.

Spreading negative images and ideas about Jews in magazines, films, cartoons, and other media;

So instead of Jews make it about liberals, the poor, the immigrant, the worker, unions, and women.*

Making radios more affordable so that more Germans could listen to Nazi ideas and news;

This is where Rogan and Suckify come in as well as slave FORD's Puke Yugur. Placing propaganda so accessible on platforms YouGoob and apps that are so easily attainable by any bored dipshit on the planet. No quality background on guest, no rebuttals, no questioning or at least minimized

Broadcasting Nazi speeches on the radio and public loudspeakers;

See: Fox Spews, Rachel Madcow, any fucktard on CNN

Organizing large and celebratory Nazi Party rallies;

This one speaks for itself

Creating groups, like the Hitler Youth and League of German Girls, that fostered Nazi ideals.

Update that to "Oath Keepers", "Boogaloo Boys", "Patriots", the Republican and Democratic Parties. Jimmy Dore had a Boogaloo boy on his shitty podcast. That without a doubt makes him a Nazi. Rogan has repeatedly used racist slurs and interviews those who promote racial segregation, Madcow constantly interviews that senile fuck Adam Schiff who utilizes anti-Russian propaganda. Puke Yugur and his shitty "Numb Berks" did ads for Squarespace who have been known to support the Republican Party. You see? These fuckers are all the same. They all have something to sell. They all lie. They don't give a single fuck about you except of course, making money off of a person's stupidity. Brand can still go and fuck himself.

*Except limeys. They are not human beings.
    Last edited by Kristy; 02-05-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    For the record, I don't believe anyone studying or reporting things on this virus and pandemic has gotten it all right... best one can do at this phase is read the available information with an open mind and formulate a risk strategy that they are comfortable with.
    People have gotten it right and warned of such a lethal pandemic and the dire consequences of a global economical collapse it might bring for years - and it's not improving despite what some Harvard-educated munchkin tells you otherwise on CNN. No one gave a shit. Even when this country alone...no, fuck that, in Italy when this virus started wiping out local populations it was doubters like you who took this whole "let's wait and see" approach by sticking your god damn head in the sand. That was the gateway to all these conspiracy ass tards like Rogan to flourish; the entire Republican Party used it as an election springboard that public safety for your fellow human being was somehow an "attack" on freedom. How silly. Oh, and when it comes to reading can only mean whom are you reading? Qualified scientist/virologist or some incel Nazi blogging on his shitty Facebook page?

25. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-05-2022)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Some Rogan content has been removed, but likely because of the N word.

Good thing he didn't say

WOOOOO

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

Here's some Lake Erie trivia knowledge for you all: The Edmund Fitzgerald disaster was no disaster at all. That ship would rather kill itself then ever have to set sail in Lake Erie. TRUE.

"I want to live."

IDK why you delve into this shit but really make yourself sound ignorant and petty, The SS Edmund Fitzgerald never (or rarely) would have made it to Lakes Erie/Ontario, the Welland Canal/St. Lawrence Seaway made us obsolete for shipping a long time ago as the fucking idiot politicians in places like Buffalo and Cleveland fiddled in the 1950's as a major economic driver burned and shifted to your favorite country - Canada! Buffalo still gets some grain ships mostly because of General Mills making their Cheerios here, but for the most part the Lakes commercial traffic plummeted by the 60's as the economic boom that started with the Erie Canal began faltering by 1950...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    You're fucking delusional on all accounts... and wrong about me. When did I ever post anything anti-vaxx..?

At least my post motivated Nickie-D to conjure up a shitload of intellectual institutional snobbery between university cork-sniffers. For once his post contained some actual smart people's opinions that were able to assemble a reasonably cognitive point of view. Good to see him stepping up his game...
    If you mean "owning you", anytime!

I couldn't agree more nor will anyone get it all right for at least a decade after it ends and the long term studies conclude. It is ending, but unfortunately 'Merica is allowing it to go out kicking and screaming. About 65% of Americans are fully vaxed, if we were at just 75% Omicron would have been a nothing and we'd be close to herd immunity, although Omicron is setting the stage for it to be a much less severe virus with the intensity of the flu. Like the Spanish or Hong Kong Flu, viruses that kill lots of their hosts don't hang on very long.....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This article is dated, granted, but it pretty much shows what every study on the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1919-19?? showed:

'Lockdown' states like California did better economically than 'looser' states like Florida, new COVID data shows

Andrew Romano·West Coast Correspondent
    June 8, 2021·7 min read

Like seemingly everything else in America, the COVID-19 pandemic has sparked its fair share of bitter, polarizing debates: over masks, over distancing, over vaccines.

Lockdowns are no exception. One assumption many Americans seem to make is that the more a government limits gatherings, mandates masks, restricts business activity and advises residents to stay at home, the more economic damage it will do.

Among the loudest of these voices is Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican who raised his national profile by allowing bars and restaurants to operate at full indoor capacity during America’s horrific holiday surge, then effectively banned mask mandates once Florida started to recover — all in the name of supporting business.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis

“She’s a lockdown lobbyist,” DeSantis recently said in reference to Democrat Nikki Fried, one of his 2022 gubernatorial opponents. Speaking at a New Smyrna Beach restaurant, DeSantis said Fried “would have had this business shuttered for the whole year. They would be out of business if Fried were governor.”

Yet for much of the past year, some experts have quietly advanced a counterargument: that economic activity is mainly affected by the rising and falling severity of the pandemic itself — not the relative strictness of the measures implemented to mitigate it. In fact, these experts argued, nonpharmaceutical interventions, or NPIs — a set of 20 government responses such as business closures, mask mandates and stay-at-home advisories that Oxford University rates according to stringency — can have an economic upside. The more the virus seems to be under control, the more eager people will be to participate in the economy.

Last week, this argument got a boost with the publication of a new report by economists at the University of California, Los Angeles. According to the latest quarterly UCLA Anderson Forecast, not only did big states with more stringent COVID measures end 2020 with fewer infections per capita, they also tended to post better economic growth numbers last year than states with fewer restrictions.

In other words, California’s economy actually fared better than Florida’s.

Yahoo News spoke with economist Jerry Nickelsburg, the director of the UCLA Anderson Forecast, to find out more.

A variety of shopping and dining experiences begin reopening at the Downtown Disney District in Anaheim, California, on July 9, 2020. (Derek Lee/Disneyland Resort via Getty Images)
    The Downtown Disney District in Anaheim, Calif., begins reopening on July 9, 2020. (Derek Lee/Disneyland Resort via Getty Images)
    Yahoo News: Is it now fair to say that so-called lockdown states performed better economically than so-called looser states during the 2020 pandemic?

Jerry Nickelsburg: That is correct. We generally view economic performance through the lens of gross domestic product. On average, GDP declined in 2020, and it declined everywhere. But those declines were smaller in states with more stringent nonpharmaceutical interventions than states with less stringent NPIs.

That’s the opposite of the conventional wisdom. In Florida, Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis is telling voters, in effect, “I saved the economy by opening bars and banning masks.” What made you suspect that the prevailing narrative — this idea that there’s a trade-off between public health and the health of the economy — might be wrong?

It was something that we started to see in Scandinavia. It's something we saw in the 1918-19 influenza pandemic as well. It seemed to be more than just a fluke.

When you say “something,” what do you mean?

The evidence suggested that policies that are good for people’s health during a pandemic — like NPIs — are not necessarily bad for the economy. There might even be a positive correlation. But early on, we did not have any 2020 pandemic data to answer that question. So it was open for debate.

But now we have that data.

Now we do.

Walk us through what it says.

The states that were considered for this analysis are basically the states that produce most of the U.S. GDP — states with a population of 5 million or greater. We found two things. First, California had more stringent interventions and a lower infection rate than either Texas or Florida, two states to which it’s often compared. Yet California also performed better with respect to GDP than either Texas or Florida. Second, the same pattern showed up across all big states: On average, the ones with more stringent interventions had both better health outcomes and better economic outcomes.

Middle school teacher Brittany Myers, (C) stands in protest in front of the Hillsborough County Schools District Office on July 16, 2020 in Tampa, Florida. (Octavio Jones/Getty Images)
    Teacher Brittany Myers, center, at a protest in front of the Hillsborough County School District office in Tampa on July 16, 2020. (Octavio Jones/Getty Images)
    How do we know this has anything to do with COVID restrictions? Couldn’t it just be a coincidence — that some state economies were better suited to weather this particular storm, regardless of how stringent their interventions were?

To be sure, states have different economic compositions. But that’s one reason we didn’t include small states like North Dakota. Even though it had very poor health outcomes, North Dakota can do very well in terms of GDP when oil prices go up, because of the dominance of petroleum production in the value of goods and services produced there.

In contrast, large states typically have more diverse economies. And when you line them up according to their interventionist policies, you find that states that intervened more heavily tended to have fewer COVID cases per capita and smaller declines in GDP.

There were two outliers: New York and Michigan. Both had stringent NPIs but lost a lot of ground in terms of GDP. Why?

Michigan was all about supply chain interruption in the automobile industry. This had nothing to do with interventions. Factories were forced to close for part of the year.

What about New York? In the report you write, “Perhaps the economic performance [there] has more to do with remote work than the pandemic per se.”

We don’t know the answer. It may be that because of “work from home,” many New York employees were working from New Jersey or Connecticut or even Florida, and spending their money there.

Someone like Gov. DeSantis would disagree with your conclusions, and one argument he would make is that if restrictions are so great, then why is California’s unemployment rate 8.3 percent while Florida’s is 4.3 percent? Is that a fair comparison?

It’s true that if unemployment is your metric, California has a very high rate relative to Florida. But people who dropped out of the labor force because of COVID — either because they contracted it or because of concern for themselves or their families — are not counted in the unemployment rate. Likewise, there’s evidence that states that opened up earlier may have reduced their employees’ hours because fewer people were coming through the doors; the reduction in hours per employee was 4.2 percent in Texas versus 1.1 percent in California. So unemployment is actually quite complicated, and you can’t really rely on it.

[The UCLA report also suggests that “the answer lies in the structure of the California economy.” In California, “sectors with a high degree of human contact” — that is, “leisure and hospitality, education, retail trade, and health care and social services” — contributed only “0.3 percentage points to annual GDP growth over the decade preceding the pandemic.” But last year, “they accounted for 75 percent of the state’s job losses.”

Meanwhile, the sectors driving growth in California — “information, professional and business services, manufacturing and financial services” — weren’t hit nearly as hard. That helps to explain the discrepancy between the state’s unemployment rate and its overall economic performance. UCLA expects “many of those lost jobs to return.”]

What about 2021? California has kept many of its restrictions in place for the first half of the year. Florida has not. Yet due to vaccination, cases have been going down in both states for months now. Does that change anything?

The data we have for 2020 is pretty conclusive. The data for the 1918-19 pandemic is pretty conclusive. The data for Scandinavia is pretty conclusive. So far, the data says that with NPIs, there's no trade-off between better health outcomes and better economic outcomes. I don’t expect that to change.

https://news.yahoo.com/lockdown-stat...153025163.html

30. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-06-2022)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

32. 2 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (02-06-2022),Terry (02-06-2022)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Really it’s not affecting me at all.
    On a related music note, I’m revisiting Jeff Buckley’s 1994 album ‘Grace’.
    He certainly bottled some lightning there. I actually saw the Grace band live in early 96; they were spectacular.

Edit; very probably slightly smacked out, but still spectacular.

34. Thanked ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-06-2022)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    Really it’s not affecting me at all.
    He certainly bottled some lightning there. I actually saw the Grace band live in early 96; they were spectacular.

Edit; very probably slightly smacked out, but still spectacular.
    It's a shame he went for that swim...

36. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (02-06-2022)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tis indeed, my friend.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    IDK why you delve into this shit but really make yourself sound ignorant and petty, The SS Edmund Fitzgerald never (or rarely) would have made it to Lakes Erie/Ontario, the Welland Canal/St. Lawrence Seaway made us obsolete for shipping a long time ago as the fucking idiot politicians in places like Buffalo and Cleveland fiddled in the 1950's as a major economic driver burned and shifted to your favorite country - Canada! Buffalo still gets some grain ships mostly because of General Mills making their Cheerios here, but for the most part the Lakes commercial traffic plummeted by the 60's as the economic boom that started with the Erie Canal began faltering by 1950...
    Wow. Thanks for the NikiWiki update and proving my point.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    Not this again.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post

wooooo

ohio.gov!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Spotify have taken down 113 Joe Rogan podcast so far.

So far the two featuring David Lee Roth are unaffected although to be fair Rogan in those shows barely got a chance to get an N-Word in...

Chris D’Elia
    Alex Jones Returns
    new
    Gad Saad
    Removed on February 4th, 2022
    new
    Mike Ward & Pantelis
    new
    Michael Malice
    new
    Kyle Kulinski
    new
    Theo Von
    new
    Tom Segura
    Owen Benjamin, Kurt Metzger
    new
    Ari Shaffir, Bert Kreischer & Tom Segura
    Owen Benjamin
    Owen Benjamin
    Chris D’Elia
    Sargon of Akkad
    new
    Michael Malice
    new
    Theo Von
    Gavin McInnes
    new
    Pete Holmes
    Alex Jones, Eddie Bravo
    Milo Yiannopoulos
    new
    Big Jay Oakerson
    Kip Andersen, Keegan Kuhn, producers of Conspiracy
    new
    TJ Kirk
    new
    Aubrey Marcus
    Gavin McInnes
    Milo Yiannopoulos
    new
    Brian Redban
    new
    Tom Segura & Christina Pazsitzky
    Charles C. Johnson
    new
    Russell Peters
    David Seaman
    new
    Ryan Parsons
    Stefan Molyneux
    new
    Rich Vos
    Chris D’elia
    new
    Bert Kreischer
    David Seaman
    new
    Dan Savage
    new
    Moshe Kasher
    new
    Iliza Shlesinger
    David Seaman
    Louis Theroux
    David Seaman
    War Machine
    new
    Neal Brennan
    Brian Dunning
    Dave Asprey
    new
    Shane Smith
    new
    Marc Maron
    David Seaman
    Dave Asprey, Tait Fletcher
    new
    Bert Kreischer
    new
    Ari Shaffir, Amy Schumer
    new
    Greg Fitzsimmons
    new
    Stanley Krippner, Christopher Ryan
    new
    JD Kelley
    Dr. Steven Greer
    new
    Sam Sheridan
    new
    Tim Ferriss
    new
    Ian Edwards
    Matt Vengrin, Brian Redban
    new
    Ari Shaffir
    David Seaman, Abby Martin, Dell Cameron, Brian Redban
    Dave Asprey
    David Seaman
    new
    Maynard J Keenan (Part 1)
    new
    Maynard J Keenan (Part 2)
    Adam Kokesh
    new
    Giorgio Tsoukalos
    new
    Ari Shaffir
    Eddie Bravo
    new
    Brody Stevens
    Bryan Callen, Jimmy Burke, Brian Redban
    new
    Steven Rinella
    new
    Nick Thune
    new
    Dave Attell
    new
    Brian Redban
    LIVE FROM THE ICEHOUSE (PART ONE)
    new
    Kevin Smith (Part 4)
    new
    Bert Kreischer
    Joey Diaz, Brian Redban
    new
    Jamie Kilstein
    Jan Irvin
    new
    Ari Shaffir
    new
    Russell Peters, Junior Simpson
    new
    Neal Brennan
    new
    Brian Posehn
    new
    Cliffy B, Johnny Cristo
    new
    Duncan Trussell
    Joey Diaz, Brian Redban
    new
    Doug Benson
    new
    John Heffron
    Daryl Wright, Brian Whitaker
    Freddy Lockhart, Brian Redban
    new
    Jim Norton
    new
    Bill Burr
    new
    Andy Dick
    new
    Dave Foley
    Pete Johansson
    new
    Sam Tripoli
    new
    Ari Shaffir
    new
    Nick Swardson
    Jayson Thibault, Brian Redban
    new
    Duncan Trussell
    new
    Little Esther
    new
    Brian Redban
    new
    Duncan Trussell
    new
    Tyler Knight
    new
    Sam Tripoli
    new
    Brian Redban
    new
    Tom Segura
    new
    Brian Redban
    newFight Companion - February 19, 2017

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    LOL Alex Jone$ and the NASA conspiracy idiot Eddie Bravo removed. Dave Attel is a mystery. He's just a sad, sad, saaaaaaaaaaad drunk.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The nameless (Nazi) idiot at the Potentium Podcast did a breakdown on Rogan's horseshit.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This is from March 2020 and illustrates in great detail what is wrong with Rogan who subsequently completely forgot everything he thought and learned from this and just believes the next person he meets even if it's a nutjob. Watch from around 50 minutes, at 60 minutes it's actually funny in the light of everything...

Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-06-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,491 Posts

Blog Entries
    I'm a bit unsure as to who is in the wrong in this entire situation.

Spotify bought the Rogan podcast - or the exclusive (am assuming it was exclusive) rights to broadcast the Rogan podcast. I haven't watched every single Rogan podcast since he started doing them, but am assuming Rogan has done what he has always done in terms of how he approaches the podcast. So it wasn't as if Spotify had no idea what they were getting or no way of knowing what they were getting if they had done due diligence. Now that what Rogan has said has dragged Spotify into this 'controversy' I don't particularly feel bad for the company: they knew what they were getting, or should have. Rogan has been making these non-scientific covid pronouncements from the beginning. Spotify did nothing to mitigate any of that going two years back. Possibly because part of the deal was that they take the Rogan podcast as-is. That Spotify didn't catch Rogan saying the racial slur repeatedly earlier than they did...clearly, Spotify had their eye focused on the business model and were fine to let what Rogan was saying slide by until the business model was threatened.

Rogan has been true to form, in that he says whatever comes into his head. If anything, he comes across like a pussy with all this recent half-assed backpedaling. I tend to doubt the 15 million subscribers he has give much of a shit about his dubious covid claims, or are any less inclined to listen to him because of what Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and Crosby, Stills and Nash have to say.

Rogan's repeated use of a racial slur was pretty dumb on his part. Again, Spotify didn't address any of that until someone complained about it. You'd think if you paid $100 million for a podcast you'd have somebody at the company monitoring current episodes and going through past ones. I don't know if Rogan has used racial slurs on air since the podcast moved to Spotify two years ago, but even if he hadn't Spotify still should have been prepared in terms of sifting through past content.

I dunno.

Is anyone here really all that wrapped up in this whole Rogan/Spotify thing in terms of feeling actual outrage? Does anyone think the public at large really care, or is this just another story du jour pumped up by an internet pile on? I guess we'll find out going forward in terms of who is willing to appear on the podcast.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I haven't watched every single Rogan podcast since he started doing them, but am assuming Rogan has done what he has always done in terms of how he approaches the podcast. So it wasn't as if Spotify had no idea what they were getting or no way of knowing what they were getting if they had done due diligence. Now that what Rogan has said has dragged Spotify into this 'controversy' I don't particularly feel bad for the company: they knew what they were getting, or should have. Rogan has been making these non-scientific covid pronouncements from the beginning. Spotify did nothing to mitigate any of that going two years back. Possibly because part of the deal was that they take the Rogan podcast as-is. That Spotify didn't catch Rogan saying the racial slur repeatedly earlier than they did...clearly, Spotify had their eye focused on the business model and were fine to let what Rogan was saying slide by until the business model was threatened.
    Absolutely agree apart from the Covid thing, watch some of the podcast I posted above with the epidemiology expert especially from around 50 minutes, at the start Rogan wasn't bad on COVID probably because he was getting guests on that knew what they were talking about and the long format allowed people to get some detailed information (of course by later in the year we were sick of all the info).

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Is anyone here really all that wrapped up in this whole Rogan/Spotify thing in terms of feeling actual outrage?
    No.

Never been a Rogan fan. Someone who used to post here would treat Rogan like he was the second coming and I have always been "meh." Rogan has always been a game show host to me. A mere presenter, not a star. I've watched the DLR episodes, haven't seen much else.

I'd say go back and check my posts but most of that was probably at DDLR.

I don't use Spotify. Storage is cheap, all my favorite stuff is on USB drives in the cars. I don't give a fuck about someone else's "curated" playlist. I have Sirius and it has it's issues also but not enough for me to bail. Yet.

Not sure the public really cares, it's more the people who got what they wanted every time they threw a temper tantrum as a child are now adults, and apparently we're still giving them what they want when they throw a tantrum.

I did see somewhere that Ben Shapiro says if Spotify drops Rogan, Daily Wire will immediately pick him up.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 02-06-2022 at 08:07 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Everyone needs to grow up and stop having tizzy fits over what people say. If you don’t like it, listen to something else. This cancel culture is going to destroy free speech.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The SS Edmund Fitzgerald never (or rarely) would have made it to Lakes Erie/Ontario
    Fitzgerald was supposedly en route to Toledo when she was lost.

Our port can't take the 1,000 foot boats, we get the 700 footers. Mostly stone, sand, and salt. Ashtabula was a big steel port, with a rail line to Youngstown.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Youngstown. Home of the Boom Boom

ohio.gov!

51. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

twonabomber (02-06-2022)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jim Traficant, too, but that's probably better left alone.

Dean Martin was Steubenville. Close enough.

53. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (02-06-2022)

Thread Information