• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

How Donald Trump Played Himself

Most interesting portion:

"So now Trump is between a rock and a hard place. If he sits for this deposition and answers questions under oath,
    his words can and will be used against him by the Manhattan DA and potentially other criminal prosecutors. But if
    he takes the Fifth, that can be used against him in the civil case because the judge can instruct the jury to draw an
    “adverse inference” against him."
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Ol' F A T T Y. Only the best people.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I would

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, Cheeto.... go ahead and take the 5th. We all know what that means..... because you even said so yourself, you orange dumbass.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So he took the 5th and now they are doing him for civil fraud.

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              So he took the 5th and now they are doing him for civil fraud.
              Again, the beauty of that is:

"Pleading the Fifth protects someone from incriminating themselves in a criminal trial, but the
              protections are murky in a civil trial. When someone invokes their Fifth Amendment rights in
              a criminal trial, a jury cannot infer guilt based on the defendant's silence. However, inferences
              can be made against someone who invokes their Fifth Amendment rights in a civil trial
              ."

From - https://www.newsweek.com/trump-plead...l-case-1745082

And then there's this:

Judge Cannon’s Latest Mar-a-Lago Ruling Just Got Benchslapped

"Yesterday, the 11th Circuit held:

The documents at issue contain information “the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably
              could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security."

The 11th Circuit almost certainly selected that parallel language to provide Judge Cannon and
              Trump a message: the former president does not have any legal defense to an indictment for
              violation of the Espionage Act. If he is indicted, the indictment will not be dismissed. If he is
              convicted, the conviction will not be overturned.

In short, so long as the documents were properly marked as classified in the first place, Trump
              is screwed."

Another interesting read:

Special Master Forces Trump’s Hand in His First Mar-a-Lago Ruling
              Raymond Dearie, who was handpicked by Trump and his lawyers, has ordered Trump’s team to
              back up the wild claims he’s made on social media.

Raymond Dearie, who was handpicked by Trump and his lawyers, has ordered Trump’s team to back up the wild claims he’s made on social media.

Donny seems to weasel his way outta just about anything so I'm not sure I'd break out the
              champagne just yet but by jeebus he's gotta be sweating bullets.
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Ha! Ha! Everyone is obsessed with this "Get Cheeto!" thing. People should be more interested in the billions of dollars we are sending the Ukraine. Where's that money going? How about an audit? Naw, the public is too easy to distract on trivial shit and that's why so many people get rich in the establishment. They make the public think some real estate developer who made himself a television star and won the presidency because he was one is public menace number one. Ridiculous. They want to make sure no one else can do the same thing. it's one big club and outsiders aren't welcome and we will all steal and rob together and rig the system so nobody is accountable for anything. If too many outsiders come in and change things, we are fucked.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's amazing how super rich crooked old white men can repeatedly hoodwink normal people into somehow thinking that they are 'outsiders' taking on the 'elite'.

Comment

Working...