Thread: World War III

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Denmark has 1/10th population of the UK, 1/50th of the US.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Hey Sweden. Denmark is available for the taking.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Hey Sweden. Denmark is available for the taking.
    Some of the toughest, smartest fucking soldiers you'll ever find...

I'm sure they're quacking in their boots over Russia's 50 year old tanks driven out of mothballs...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 04:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A Journalism Masterclass put on by a comedian, yay! Stewart is man of many talents, but he's no journalist. People who get their news from, or even watch, The Daily Show for news are boneheads!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-23-2024 at 01:26 PM. Reason: fixing my boo boo

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Diffy being Stewart NEVER refers to himself as a "journalist" you MAGA muckraker

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A Journalism Masterclass put on by a comedian, yay! Stewart is man of many talents, but he's no journalist. People who get their news from, or even watch, The Daily Show for news are boneheads!
    He also had never claimed to be giving him vastly more legitimacy than the likes of Tucker and the "Fox and Friends" retards. He resides more in the realm of "political satire" and is honest about it. But political cartoons are still political...

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm just referencing the massive type print on the video saying it's a "Journalism Masterclass." And I wouldn't cuntsider the Fox and Friends team to be journalists, either, isn't that just a talk show? I'm just striking out against people who think Stewart's a journalist, while there are true journalists--like them or not--who put in the work, education, and cut teeth in that field. Stewart ain't one of them.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Diffy being Stewart NEVER refers to himself as a "journalist" you MAGA muckraker
    What is a MAGA muckraker and why am I one?

You sure are a nasty old hag aren't you?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Go play your boring middle-aged white male victim card elsewhere

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The only time I'm a victim is when I'm within a 15-foot radius of you lifting your arm while wearing your mumu!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm just referencing the massive type print on the video saying it's a "Journalism Masterclass." And I wouldn't cuntsider the Fox and Friends team to be journalists, either, isn't that just a talk show? I'm just striking out against people who think Stewart's a journalist, while there are true journalists--like them or not--who put in the work, education, and cut teeth in that field. Stewart ain't one of them.
    Which video?

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The one you posted yourself. Scroll up.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The one you posted yourself. Scroll up.
    Ohhh, I assumed you knew that he was talking about Tuck doing the "masterclass". It isn't?

Stewart is a "comedian" but he was initially a talk show host, has a degree in psychology from William and Mary and is noted as a "political commentator" as well as comedian. And even Tucker once "fawned" over him in an interview where Stewart called him a "dick"..

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's John Oliver on Tucker's background. He goes into how he went to college because "journalism will take anybody" from his cunt father and got on the air only because he was the only guy around in the ofc. during the OJ Trial at about the 6:00 mark:

16. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (02-25-2024)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 487 Posts

OK, I take it pretty easy on you because I like you and I like a lot of your other posts.

But THIS is truly moronic. For you to claim Stewart isn't a journalist...that's just desperate.

The only difference between Stewart and almost EVERY SINGLE PERSON on Fox News is the fact that Stewart is genuinely funny. But Stewart and his team research issues, report news and interview famous people in the political (and otherwise) spectrum. Just because he tells this news in a humorous manner does not make him NOT a journalist.

And don't try the Fox News people are "talk show hosts" crap...Tucker tried to get away with the "news opinion" crap, but he has repeatedly said since his firing that he is a "journalist"...he says it repeatedly in that dick-sucking interview he did with Putin the week before Putin murdered his opposition leader (after keeping him locked away in prison for years on TRUMPed-up charges). Even Putin was publicly making fun of Tucker for doing such a softball interview...for fuck's sake, TUCKER AGREED WITH PUTIN WHEN PUTIN CLAIMED THAT POLAND STARTED WWII, NOT HITLER!!!!!!!

You keep claiming you're NOT a MAGA...but you literally seem to follow every single dead-end MAGA cunt-hole argument train.

18. Thanked Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-25-2024)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We all like Catnip, how can you not love that avatar of FlavaFlab?!

20. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (02-25-2024)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    We all like Catnip, how can you not love that avatar of FlavaFlab?!
    My unhealthy ego makes me love my J.R. Ewing avatar. I will NEVER remove it. Another fine poster here created it for me many, many years ago.

BUT...that FlavaFlab avatar is one of the funniest fucking things I've ever seen...best fucking avatar.

22. Thanked Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-25-2024)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mine makes me love Kieth Moon even though he was a bit of a cunt, but he was a lovable cunt. But still a bity of a cunty cunt...

24. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (02-25-2024)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mine makes me love Kieth Moon even though he was a bit of a cunt, but he was a lovable cunt. But still a bity of a cunty cunt...
    Keith Moon WAS a loveable cunt. If I ever doubt his greatness, I just need to sit through the 1979 film THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT again. He was stunning. Was he (as some claim) the best drummer who ever lived? Well...no. But he was absolutely amazing. As Moon said during the last year of his life, "I'm the best Keith Moon-type drummer in the world!" And he was funny. So fucking funny.

If you ever changed that avatar, I would seriously flinch. It would be like there was something "off" with the world.

I'm sure you are not necessarily a visual replica of Keith Moon looking crazy, but when I read your posts, I imagine you looking exactly like Keith Moon.

When you read my posts, don't you imagine me sitting there in a cowboy hat (smiling) while typing?

26. Thanked Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-25-2024)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Think Moon was one of those types that seemed like a lovable loon to those who didn't know him personally and didn't have to deal with him as a bandmember or whatever.

Was always a bit telling how one of Moon's closest personal minders/assistants, Dougal Butler, eventually threw up his hands and said he couldn't handle working for Moon. Eventually, Moon's alcoholism and behavior wore on everybody in the band. As well as Moon's first wife, who eventually got tired of Moon's drinking, pill-popping and abuse and left him. By the end of it, Moon was a shadow of his former self on the drums...yeah, doubtless all the Moon The Loon antics cemented his rock and roll legend, along with his drumming style. A bit telling that by the time of his last year alive the other members of The Who were keeping a polite distance from him when the band wasn't working and Moon didn't really have any close friends outside of his girlfriend, unless one counts drinking and pill-popping buddies as 'friends'...a sad, pathetic ending from where I sit, much like that of Jim Morrison.

28. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-25-2024)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Think Moon was one of those types that seemed like a lovable loon to those who didn't know him personally and didn't have to deal with him as a bandmember or whatever.

Was always a bit telling how one of Moon's closest personal minders/assistants, Dougal Butler, eventually threw up his hands and said he couldn't handle working for Moon. Eventually, Moon's alcoholism and behavior wore on everybody in the band. As well as Moon's first wife, who eventually got tired of Moon's drinking, pill-popping and abuse and left him. By the end of it, Moon was a shadow of his former self on the drums...yeah, doubtless all the Moon The Loon antics cemented his rock and roll legend, along with his drumming style. A bit telling that by the time of his last year alive the other members of The Who were keeping a polite distance from him when the band wasn't working and Moon didn't really have any close friends outside of his girlfriend, unless one counts drinking and pill-popping buddies as 'friends'...a sad, pathetic ending from where I sit, much like that of Jim Morrison.
    Yeah, pretty much correct; I read a bio and he was a weird fucking cat. He had a nice house in England for a time that he actually bult a pub at the end of the driveway for. He also killed a man, accidently ran over his bodyguard as his Rolls Royce was being charged by a mob of skinhead assholes. He was also quite capable of kindness and helped people around he encountered. Roger Daltry and Moon were always at loggerheads and Roger once beat the shit out of him before a concert because he was drugged and sloppy. It was Daltry that cried the hardest when Mood died and missed him the most to this day.

Very stoic Kieth Entwistle was actually being interviewed the day Keith died. Townsend called him in the middle of it at told him Moon had passed and The Ox tried to keep it together to finish it and get out before the news broke. But the interviewer asked him about "what is in store for the future of The Who?" and Ox broke down in tears sobbing on the floor.....

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    The bio of Moon's I read that impacted me the most re: my take on Moon was the Tony Fletcher one that came out in 1998/1999, titled Dear Boy outside the US and titled just Moon in the US. By the time Fletcher wrote his book, twenty years had passed since Moon died which I think gave a bit of perspective and a chance to take a more rounded look at Moon as opposed to yet another typical tock bio that concentrated on Moon's drunken antics.

Fletcher's book did say Moon was quite generous (and careless) with his money, and indeed was capable of acts of kindness. All that being said, Moon also had a side of his personality that had a nasty edge to it, a side that doubtless wasn't helped by Moon's chronic abuse of alcohol and pills.

I heard about all those Moon The Loon stories in the late 1970's and 1980's, along with all those tales of Jim Morrison acting like a maniac. Back in my teens, I used to think how cool it would have been to party with the likes of those two. Maybe it would have been a fun night out for the hangers-on who raved it up and then walked away from it when the night ended. From everything I've read though, for those who had to deal with the likes of Moon and Morrison on a relationship basis (wives, families, girlfriends, band members) a lot of times guys like that were a pain in the ass.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Russian "Meat Armor"

There are countless horrific videos on Telegram showing drones impacting the top of a Russian BMP or BTR type infantry fighting vehicle/APC reacting at the last minute of a strike by a FPV drone...

Russian soldiers targeted while riding on top of armored vehicles is now a 'daily occurrence,' pushing up its death toll, US soldier says
    Sinéad Baker
    Mon, March 4, 2024 at 7:17 AM EST·3 min read

Video shows a Russian armored vehicle with soldiers riding on top being attacked.

A US veteran fighting in Ukraine said it was "a daily occurrence" that had killed many Russians.

Warning: The video contains graphic scenes of warfare that may be disturbing.

Footage showing Russian soldiers being targeted while they are riding on top of an armored vehicle highlights a "daily occurrence" that has driven Russia's death rate way up, according to a US veteran serving in Ukraine.

The video was shared by Ukraine's Strike Drones Company, part of Ukraine's 47th Mechanized Brigade.

It shows about a dozen Russian soldiers riding on top of a fast-moving armored vehicle that has smoke pouring out from it.

As it slows to a stop behind another vehicle, the soldiers all rush to jump off as shells are seen exploding around them.

The attack then increases.

Some of the troops appear to be directly hit. Some lie unmoving, and it is unclear if they are waiting, injured, or killed.

Bradley IFV of the 47th Brigade as well as FPV drones attack and destroy Russian assault group on the Avdiivka front. https://t.co/V3grdq6aaE https://t.co/FPVfUtnZ5k pic.twitter.com/PgbX4l9w1v

— Special Kherson Cat 🐈🇺🇦 (@bayraktar_1love) March 2, 2024

The Strike Drones Company said the soldiers involved were trying to storm Ukrainian positions but were defeated before they reached their targets.

Ryan O'Leary, a US veteran in Ukraine, described what happened in the video as "a daily occurrence. 30-45 min apart for over a month straight."

He said that this had driven up Russia's death toll.

"Which is why when people say x amount of Russians have been killed, don't actually understand anything. Hundreds of Russians were sent to their deaths before more elite were sent in," he added.

O'Leary is part of the Chosen Company, a group of international volunteer fighters supporting Ukraine's fightback against Russia.

He's a 10-year US Army National Guard veteran and did tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to Politico.

O'Leary said his unit had a machine gunner "who literally sat there and shwacked" a platoon element "as they dismounted. Over and over again."

Russia does not publish its casualty figures, and only estimates are available for Russian losses in Ukraine.

The UK Ministry of Defence said over the weekend that Russia had likely seen 355,000 personnel killed or wounded since it launched its full-scale invasion in February 2022.

It also said that Russia's daily casualties in February were the highest since the invasion began, at an average of 983 a day.

Russia has been accused by its own soldiers, by Ukraine, and by Western intelligence of treating its own troops as disposable, and of using "meat grinder" tactics to advance.

Read the original article LINKED HERE

Thread Information