Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Egos are great. More people kill themselves with their own egos than anything else. Learn to exploit egos and you will go far.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Egos are great. More people kill themselves with their own egos than anything else. Learn to exploit egos and you will go far.
        Great post!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          The KGB took control of post Soviet Russia. Putin is the public face, probably because he was based in East Germany, speaks German very well and some English. He knew Angela Merkel from the old Stasi days. Russia needed the image of a powerful leader. Putin played the part but if you think you are going to change things in Russia by simply getting rid of Putin that’s like trying to destroy a car by breaking off the hood ornament.

Sorry. Americans and Western Europeans are very ignorant as far as Russia is concerned.
          Last part you first.

No the "KGB" didn't take control of Russia since they fractured into at least 2 or 3 different organizations.

The Oligarchs took control, they already had it actually.

WTF does Putin's "German" time have to do with anything? He was the mayor of St. Petersburg when he rose. His demonic deal was that he would root out corruption and destroy the oligarchs. He simply replaced them!

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Putin is not just some sales rep for the Oligarchs, he is the head one. He maybe didn't start out that way but he is now. The estimates of his wealth seem to vary between $200 and $400 billion

The $200 billion figure was estimated by financier Bill Browder who, in a testimony to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee in 2017, said that Putin amassed most of his wealth after a Moscow court jailed oligarch Mikhail Khodorkovsky in 2003 for fraud and tax evasion:

"After Khodorkovsky's conviction, the other oligarchs went to Putin and asked him what they needed to do to avoid sitting in the same cage as Khodorkovsky. From what followed, it appeared that Putin's answer was, "50%" He wasn't saying 50% for the Russian government or the presidential administration of Russia, but 50% for Vladimir Putin personally."

On top of all this, the famous Panama Papers revealed a network of secret offshore deals and loans worth $2 billion pointing to Putin in 2016.

Experts all over the world have been trying to pinpoint Vladimir Putin's exact net worth, but no matter what they do, his fortune continues to be an unsolved mystery.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oops...
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Mopping up the trenchline...

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Fuck the RuZZians.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Yes, guess what? More dead Ruzzians

If this is the result of American made artillery then that is some scary ass artillery.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Yes, guess what? More dead Ruzzians
                        Some people could argue your continued delight at the death of largely conscripts weakens your position as the self appointed moral guardian of all things in the forum...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Some people could argue your continued delight at the death of largely conscripts weakens your position as the self appointed moral guardian of all things in the forum...
                          It’s one thing to dislike a political leader or a government but most people in any of these countries just live there because they were born there. Yeah it’s easy to slag people you never met but if you have actually been to some of these countries and know people there it’s a bit different. I’ve been fucked over by Americans more than anyone else. You are going to be fucked over by your neighbors more than someone halfway around the world but yet we like to have something to hate. Russia is the current flavor of the month to hate. The politicians here fucking everyone want you focused on Russia. It takes the attention off them and don’t think they aren’t skimming all the money we are sending over and making mint on the weapons used. How are the Russians fucking you?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Putin: A Friendly Warning—Don’t Push America Too Hard!! You May Regret It!!
                            In the late 1970’s under the Nixon Administration, I was sent to Moscow to negotiate sotto voce a deal in which I would give the KGB/GRU Wang computers in exchange for Christian dissidents “hospitalized” at the Kaschenko Psychiatric Hospital. This may have been the first time that Christian lives were commoditized. No mention was made of potentially embarrassing statements like: “human rights violations”; “repression”; or psychiatric abuse, using the term ‘Sluggish Schizophrenia’ to negate the legal rights of Soviet political dissidents. We worked quietly and effectively to resolve our mutual national security interests and retained a modicum of good-will to allow for the ‘dissolution’ of the Soviet Union.

Mr Putin, contrary to your public statements bemoaning the downfall of the Soviet Union, you know all too well that it was crumbling from fifty years of Stalinist repression; economic dystrophy; and military fatigue. At that time when I was part of a select group of “architects” for the dismantling of the Soviet Union, both your Stasi and KGB bosses understood that Communism had failed it’s revolutionary mandates over the past decades. The Russians were impoverished, hungry for both freedom and bread. That was the reality when Reagan/Bush accomplished in the transformation.
                            Now, you inflame the nostalgia for an era that was replete with Gulags [prison camps]; torture; ethnic cleansing; and an assortment of genocides of different forms. You can stir the flames of Russian nationalism. That’s fine.
                            But please do not think of doing that at the expense of invoking anti-Americanism or anti-western sentiments.
                            That won’t work!
                            I can assure you!
                            Let me tell you a personal anecdote.
                            In the late 1970’s when I was in Moscow, several Soviet Intelligence officials were kind enough to invite me to their house for a private dinner. As you know, Putin, no one can be as hospitable as the Russians. We drank. We ate. We sang in English and in Russian. Then we each toasted the other—to health and peace.
                            It was touching moment, broken by a faux pas, unintended. A GRU [military agent] told me in a sarcastic way that we, Americans, were very immature and childish. I asked him how he came to his conclusion. There was no hostility. I even felt the warm sense of friendship that only ostensible enemies can share with each other in a moment of danger-- especially in the secret world of silence. The well-informed GRU agent correctly accused us, Americans, of loving childish items like Disneyland and cartoon characters. I raised my glass of vodka and laughingly added:
                            “Of course, my comrade, as usual you are right. But please remember that simple fact that those same Americans who created Disneyland and the Disney cartoons are creating ICBMs pointed straight at the USSR.”
                            Silence erupted . Everyone was stunned.
                            I simply added, “Nasdarovy!” “To your collective health”.

Putin, we all know that you are the leader of the Russian Federation because our intelligence community decided that you would be the best replacement for the drunkard Yeltsin. Please remember the very important element of the Soviet dissolution, there was not one shot fired in the dismantling of your precious evil empire. How that was done remains classified. However, I can assure you that it was based on understanding the Russian National Character and how it is at odds with the operational code of Bolshevism/USSR.
                            We, Americans, may seem simplistic to you, but don’t make the mistake that we don’t understand you, Russia and the ex-Soviet Union. We know you may crave some sort of revenge for what Americans did to your country, your relatives and your former bosses. Your former leader, the great Stalin, who murdered 27 million of his own people helped by your former colleagues at the KGB, GRU and NK VD created an institution called the U.S.S.R. that America dismantled with no battles, no guns. Trust me, what we accomplished in the dissolution of the Soviet Union was not child’s play.

We empathize with your need to poke fun at the spy novelists who claim that they dismantled the soviet union. Just remember that some of the great ones, Somerset Maugham, John Le Carre and others were also intelligence officers. I caution you to fight your own narcissism and tendency toward self aggrandizement. If unchecked, you could do great harm to the Russian Federation.
                            Most importantly, temper your own ENVY. It will lead to your destruction. How do I know this? Because I used ENVY to manipulate the downfall of the Soviet Union. Don’t fall for the same old trap again! The Russians have been nursing an inferiority complex since Catherine the Great ruled. Remember that she was German and she ruled with patience, wiliness and charm. Recommendation: partner with Angela Merkel to come up with some practical solutions for a workable detente. That could be very productive for you and the Russian Federation. Germany and Russia have always had a special relationship.

Once emotions have been tempered, feel free to channel your energy into writing your auto-biography. If that’s too close to home, then why not a spy novel? You could call it Putin’s Paradox. I can even suggest a book agent and possibly a publisher. Then who knows? Movie and TV rights, speaking tours, there is some serious money to be made. And you’ll be famous- in a good way.
                            This is a much better way to crown your career! I am talking Legacy, here! Do you really want to be known as a “Stalin” or the “Butcher of the Ukraine” like Khrushchev? That is so last century, so primitive! Good luck with controlling those demons and ghosts, you will need it. But think of the long lasting pay off if you do.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Putin should have written the book.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                I agree a bit callous and that the conscripts are largely the product of an overall brutal system that cares little for them. They're even being shot if severally wounded by their own commanders. But it's hard to have to much sympathy for them with the bevy of murders, looting, and rape coming out of the occupied areas of the Ukraine.

Comment

Working...