X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    The RuZZian military, ladies and gentlemen (it gets good @2:20 mark)

Not quibbling but accidents happen in the military. A lot of US service people die every year in stupid HUMVEE accidents because they are kids used to driving their cars with antilock brakes, stability control, surround airbags etc. They then flip their older 1980's tech HUMVEEs with none of that over while taking corners to fast. When I was in the Army a long time ago, I was told 1 in 6 soldiers die in stupid accidents (i.e. falling off a truck, walking into chopper blades) in wars...

But the video is a good example of a conscript, unprofessionally staffed army with some "contract" professionals running things with a stupid system where greenhorn officer lieutenants and captains do the roles fulfilled by experienced sergeants in Western armies. Not sure why the idiot driver is gunning a diesel engine, the torque should be enough to get up on the trailer...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Blah blah blah. You're going to have a hard time rationally trying to sell China's advantage in Afghanistan. What "raw materials" LOL. The weapons and tech we left there were small arms, some choppers and HUMVEES but nothing spectacular and we never needed to replace any of it as a lot of the kit was expired things like M-16A2's which suck anyways. The defense contractors make out every time unfortunately but the Russians and Chinese have their own contractors so a bit of a false equivalency or lack of a real one. The Ukraine War shows that Western weapons and methods are clearly superior and had given China a big pause on its nonsensical Tiawan aspirations. Things like the HIMARS/M270 are vastly superior to anything fielded by either and have effectively destroyed the (falsely) perceived Russian advantage in tube artillery ranges and "area denial" SAMS/AAA. The Russian Air Force is a bad joke, strategic reserves are nonexistent, conventional forces are smashed and will take years to rebuild, and at this point I have questions on the effectiveness of Russian "Strategic Rocket Forces" and other nukes. I don't wanna find out but it seems a real possibility that Russia could lose even a nuclear war with their shit guidance tech....
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The swift fall of Afghanistan to Taliban fighters has triggered a humanitarian crisis, with thousands trying to flee the country. It’s also brought renewed focus on Afghanistan’s vast untapped mineral wealth, resources that could transform its economic prospects if ever developed.

What mineral wealth? Ha! Ha! Just proved you know nothing about Afghanistan or geopolitics.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Even rendered inoperable, equipment now in the hands of the Taliban will yield troves of information about how the U.S. builds weapons and uses them.

We left a lot of electronic equipment that gave us an advantage. It’s the electronics stupid. Not the trucks and shit.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            I sent his "gift" to Ukrainian forces...

https://war.ukraine.ua/donate/

The rebuilding of Ukraine is going to make a lot of people a lot of money. I just hope it is not turned into another Westernized corporate strip mall shithole

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Bridge over troubled waters

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express

What mineral wealth? Ha! Ha! Just proved you know nothing about Afghanistan or geopolitics.
                    Lithium? Make sure you take yours! Who gives a fuck? Thanks for the year old article though. Afghanistan isn't cornering the market on that or anything else and the Chinese may end up spending as much securing it in transport than they make. It's fucking Afghanistan where everything goes to shit but they can have fun projecting their forces there....
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-08-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      https://www.defenseone.com/technolog...ecrets/185264/

We left a lot of electronic equipment that gave us an advantage. It’s the electronics stupid. Not the trucks and shit.
                      Dude you really are a weirdo with something to prove. Didn't you live there for a while? Another year old article where everything we are talking about is already obsolete. Whatever the Taliban has left is rotting away and they are imploding with a very active insurgency. Most of the Afghan army had shit with mainly the special operations forces having the best most worthwhile stuff. Even the previous Afghan Air Force was falling apart without US contractors to prop them up.

Please tell us how this treasure trove to tech and knowledge has helped, say, the Russians? The Talib march around looking tough in all their captured Western gear but are pretty much neutered by their ineptitude, economic chaos, and famines...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        ooof!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So Long And Thanks For All The Vodka??

I obviously don't read Russian, so I can't verify the exact purpose of this illustration, but it would appear to be the Russians bragging about all of the ways this bridge was supposedly protected, and could never be destroyed.....

They even had trained dolphins defending it, apparently? If the dolphins abandoned their post, should we be looking for a Vogon Construction Fleet in the sky??
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• silverfish
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                              Sorry for the foreign language video, but it's the only thing that's not in the useless, non-embeddable "youtube shorts" format.
                              CNN has a clip:

In a major blow for Russian President Vladimir Putin, a huge explosion early Saturday severely damaged the only bridge connecting the annexed Crimean Peninsula with the Russian mainland, crimping a key supply route for Moscow’s faltering war in Ukraine.

"The exact cause of the blast at Europe’s longest bridge is yet to be confirmed. Russian
                              officials said a truck exploded, causing Crimea-bound sections of the bridge’s road portion
                              to collapse. A subsequent fire engulfed a train of fuel tanks on a separate, adjacent rail
                              portion of the bridge."
                              Originally posted by sadaist
                              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Looks to me like a bomb went off under the road bridge and that set off the train loaded with fuel on the rail bridge. A coincidence that the train was there? I think not. Good planning on this bombing.

Comment

Working...