X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    A quick google failed, I would be interested to know how many MRE's the US military has stockpiled - I bet it's an insane number.

I did find that they are maybe $10 a meal, which I bet is a bit more expensive than the Chinese one.
    They all beat hard tack or salt pork.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      So the Russian Army wanted Chinese PLA rations?
      The main ration is probably Soylent Green made from all the people who die in Chi Com gulags. The bodies are processed after their organs are removed and sold for profit.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

A quick google failed, I would be interested to know how many MRE's the US military has stockpiled - I bet it's an insane number.

I did find that they are maybe $10 a meal, which I bet is a bit more expensive than the Chinese one.
        It's probably 10's of millions, some are deep frozen giving them nearly a decade of shelf life. The freeze dried over can style ration has been around since 1980 and they regularly are 5-7 years of shelf life if properly stored, though special operations and aviation had used MRE style meals since at least the 60's. The first one varied from decent to awful, the heater element didn't come about until the late 80's making even the worst menu choice palatable. I recall eating "Franks-and-Beans" and it was horrid cold, but okay warmed up.

To be fair, the 1989 ration guy said the other Chinese menu items were good, it's just the Pork Chow Mein (menu item 13) that is I assume made by a corrupt manufacturer that is vile and made him sick on his first try even though it was only a year old. He mentions how he partially ate a US Army 1906 emergency ration of dried meat and chocolate and felt great after...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Looks like anywhere form 55M to 233Million depending on what a "case" is...

DLA’s MRE inventory levels fluctuate based on the flow of purchases
          from industry and sales to the services, as shown in figure 3. Based on
          data from fiscal years 2007 through 2014, on average DLA purchased 3.3
          million MRE cases from industry per year and sold 3.56 million cases per
          year to the services. The average on-hand inventory level was about 4.66
          million cases. In addition, the data show that the average yearly MRE
          sales to the services decreased from about 4 million cases in fiscal year
          2010 to 3 million cases in fiscal year 2012 and remained relatively
          constant at around 3 million cases from fiscal years 2012 through 2014.
          There were also decreases in annual purchases from suppliers starting in
          fiscal year 2010.

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-30-2022, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            All of it ridiculous Cold War propaganda that's best forgotten.
            It was ridiculous and implausible, but wasn't gov't-funded propaganda. The writer/producer (forget his name) was a hard right borderline fascist that usually put out movies featuring authoritarian themes and violet solutions to problems.

Haven't seen it in years, but it's still one of my favorite bad films...

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think on movies like Top Gun the military gets to sign off on the script in return for access to the hardware so kind of a bit like government funded propaganda.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think on movies like Top Gun the military gets to sign off on the script in return for access to the hardware so kind of a bit like government funded propaganda.
                  The Pentagon withdrew support for the film, but I couldn't find any reason or elaboration on that...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Ukrainian attack helicopters allegedly attacked and severally damaged a Russian fuel depot on Russian Federation territory. The choppers looked like Mi-24's from Red Dawn...

Comment

• silverfish
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2007

Ukraine claims Russian forces have left Chernobyl, handed over control

"Ukraine state energy company Energoatom said Friday that Russian forces have handed back
                      control of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.

"Energoatom claimed the pullout happened after soldiers received "significant doses" of radiation
                      from digging trenches in the forest in the exclusion zone around the closed plant."

Full story at:
                      Ukraine state energy company Energoatom said Friday that Russian forces have handed back control of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.
                      Originally posted by sadaist
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Mostly liked by girls. The beach volleyball scene caused many to reach for a vibrating device.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

63 America Hating Traitors Just Say "Nyet"

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...