Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russell Wilson Comes to Denvoid!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries

Russell Wilson Comes to Denvoid!

Seattle is a depressing shithole," Russell Wilson told me in a personal interview conducted just now. "It's always gloomy, rainy, sad, utterly unfuckingbearable. The whole city is like a leper colony. I might as well be living in Cleveland."

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I asked Russell Wilson some more and asked what brought him to Denvoid.

"Well, it's good to be part of the land of the living and civilization," He told me. "I mean, Seattle is America's swamp ass. Humid, itchy, full of sucicidial unfriendly people. You'd swear they just crawled out of Lake Erie. Here, in Denvoid, I can breathe the air (expect for all the F A T Texans and Californians hogging it up) and my trophy wife can do all the skiing she wants in Aspen. I'm going to love it here providing Putin doesn't nuke the place."

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hi everybody. It's me, again. You know, Russ..Russell Wilson. I'm here to let you all know I'm officially a Denvoid Bronco now. Fuck yeah, or what?

I know, I know, I look good. Did some OTAs and mini-stoner camp starts soon. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to be out of that Lake Erie shithole known as Seattle and to a place where the sun shines and the locals don't look like mutants. Yeah, you can make for the solid argument that there are some F A T fucks around here but they are from Texas and/or California the two Lake Erie states of America. So I'm just checking in. Here's to hoping Putin nukes Seattle soon.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Denvoid might have an actual quarterback again, but have you seen who owns the fucking team now?? Two WalMart inheritance leeches & Kindasleazy Rice, for fucks sake?? Oh and somebody from Starfucks.... the last time one of them owned a sports franchise, it ended up in Oklahoma, so look for the OKC Broncos by 2024.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

espn.com
    Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice joins Denver Broncos' new ownership group
    Jeff Legwold

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has joined the incoming ownership group for the Denver Broncos.

Rice, who has also served as the national security adviser as well as provost of Stanford University, lived in Denver during her childhood and received a bachelor's degree and her doctorate from the University of Denver.

"It is an honor to be part of this ownership group. Football has been an integral part of my life since the moment it was introduced to me, and I am thrilled to be a part of the Broncos organization today," Rice said in a statement posted on social media. "I spent much of my younger years in Denver, so to be able to combine my love of the game with my love for this great city and team is an adventure of a lifetime and a great opportunity."

In June, a group led by Walmart heir Rob Walton that includes Walton's daughter, Carrie Walton Penner; her husband, Greg Penner; and Mellody Hobson, co-CEO of Ariel Investments and chair of the board for Starbucks Corp., agreed to purchase the Broncos for $4.65 billion.

In a statement Monday, Walton said: "We're pleased to welcome former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to our ownership group. A highly respected public servant, accomplished academic and corporate leader, Secretary Rice is well known as a passionate and knowledgeable football fan who has worked to make the sport stronger and better. She is the daughter of a football coach and served on the inaugural College Football Playoff Committee. ... Her unique experience and extraordinary judgment will be a great benefit to our group and the Broncos organization."

The sale of the team, which was for a record price paid for a North American sports franchise, is under review by the NFL and must be approved by a full vote of the NFL owners in the coming weeks. Twenty-four yes votes are needed for the sale to be formally approved.

It was expected to take 60 to 90 days for the sale to be approved and the deal to be closed.

The Walton-Penner group was, according to multiple sources, one of four groups that had advanced to the second round of bidding for the team in early June. The Broncos have been one of the NFL's most successful franchises in the Super Bowl era, with three Super Bowl wins in Pat Bowlen's ownership tenure, and they now have an ownership group with some of the deepest pockets.

It is expected Greg Penner and Carrie Walton Penner will have prominent roles in the day-to-day operations of the team, and current Broncos CEO Joe Ellis had expressed, since the team was formally put up for sale Feb. 1, how important it is that the new owner be "visible" in the community and understand the Broncos' place in Denver, the state of Colorado and the region.

The team's sale ended an eight-year odyssey since Bowlen stepped away from the day-to-day operations of the team he had owned for 30 years in July 2014 due to the onset of Alzheimer's disease. Bowlen died in 2019.

Bowlen never formally declared a successor among his children, and when he stepped away, he had his interest in the team (estimated to be about 78% at the time) placed in a trust overseen by Ellis, Broncos counsel Rich Slivka and Denver attorney Mary Kelly.

What followed included a lawsuit between family members, harsh words and court dates that coincided with a current six-year streak of playoff misses on the field. The team's Super Bowl 50 win to close out the 2015 season was the last postseason game the Broncos played.

The sale agreement with the Walton-Penner group also means Walton and Stan Kroenke, Walton's cousin by marriage, will own five of the six major professional sports franchises in Colorado. Kroenke owns the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids and Colorado Mammoth lacrosse team, in addition to a regional media company in the state.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    First (and second) female black owner in the NFL and slave FORD cries about it like a whipped puppy.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What does a war criminal/oil industry whore (no offense to sex workers) know about running a football team?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    slave FORD is bitter he only has Drew Lock to look forward to all season.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hell, he's not even starting the first game, last I heard. Geno Smith is. Yeah, I'm already prepared for a completely shitty football season.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Hell, he's not even starting the first game, last I heard. Geno Smith is. Yeah, I'm already prepared for a completely shitty football season.
    Must be that "12th Man" fucking things up for you.

Besides, Russ won't stay here. He wants to play in southern California so his gold digger wife can have "contract" with the West Coast liberal elite to further her shitty career. Denvoid is where talented football players careers go to die.

I say Denvoid will win 9 maybe 10 ten games with Russ and he'll fuck off right out of his contract. He'll be playing for the Rams in 2024

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well... from what I hear, Lock had a better game than Geno Smith did last night. (Geno started first half of the game, Drew the second).

I say "from what I hear".. because the fucking pieces of shit at the NFL Network switched out of the Seahawks game... to Denver vs Dallas, ironically enough. Hate the Cowpies... always have, and right now I have Denver even more (for obvious reasons) so not interested in that game in the least

Yeah, the game was "carried" locally, but I don't get that channel on my antenna... and the greedy corporatist bastards killed off Locast. Fortunately most of the real games are carried on the local Fox station which does come in on antenna, so I'll be alright for most of the real football season.

Anyway... Stealers won the game, but not by much... so that (compared to the score at halftime) tells me that Lock had a much better game than Geno did. Not going to call him the "Future Hall of Famer/Savior of the Seahawks" by any means, but hopefully he'll be passable enough to hold the team together until they can draft a permanent QB in 2023.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Game 2 was last night. Lock was out with the 'rona. Geno sucked ass. Former UW DAWG Jacob Eason - the third QB who's not expected to be around after the pre-season - played all of the second half and threw a lot of great passes. Unfortunately some of the wannabe receivers dropped them, and the goddamned referee cancelled at least one touchdown, maybe two (I'm already mentally blocking the game out)

Pete Carroll said Lock was "really sick" so while he'll probably be done with the Covid quarantine protocol before next Friday's game against the Cowpies, he probably won't be fully recovered, so who knows how it will impact his playing ability? I try not to take pre-season games seriously, since most of the starting lineup isn't even on the field. But the quarterback question IS the biggest ax hanging over the Seahawks collective heads this year.

If it were up to me right now, I'd probably cut Geno Smith and keep Eason around to compete with Lock. Either one will probably still be a placeholder until a QB pops up in the 2023 draft.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hi everybody. It's me again, Russ, Russell Wilson checking in to tell you how miserable I am. Looks like I won't be throwing any "bombs" in the preseason because my coach is a repressed homosexual who would rather hug the team instead of coach it. I mean, that shellacking in Buffalo proves that. Good news it I'm still one annoying Jesus freak with entitles me to be an asshole, I have this weird fetish to hang out with dying cancer kids and open what I guess are clothing stores which sell some of the most gaudy overpriced shit you'll ever see in your lifetime. Maybe you'll see me on the "opener" in Seattle where most likely I'll get my clock cleaned. Nothing says ratings like a concussion. I really want to play in L.A. so my wife won't divorce me and take 80% of my money and get full custody of my freaky-looking kids. Maybe I'll just do what most people in Seattle do: kill myself because once you live anyplace else where there is actual sunshine without mopey mutants walking around aimlessly in flannel and Tye-dyes you realize that is life outside that Lake Erie shithole. Hate to cut this short but I gotta go. A fresh batch of dying cancer kids just arrived and daddy needs some good press.

14. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (08-28-2022)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LMFAO, for the record Buffalo actually played their starters for once and they were amped in the otherwise worthless, most stupidly punitive cunt douchebaggery tire-fire known as the NFL "Preseason". Let get players injured for nothing....

But Russell Wilson is a good man and shame on you for hating him for helping kids with cancer FFS!! Maybe not the ideal NFL QB, but better than all of the shitstools you've had since Peyton and John. I mean Brock "the cock" Osweiler? Count your fucking blessings and stop being so toxic! The Broncos have a good roster and might be a playa this year...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-28-2022 at 07:51 AM.

16. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (08-28-2022)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WTF were they thinking paying a 35-year old that kind of money LMFAO!!!!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Russ is getting something like $300 million for the next 7 years.

Arron "Concussion" Rodgers remains the highest paid player in the NFL making roughly $1 million more than Russ per year.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Believe it or not, the Seahawks are now LEADING the NFC West!! No, I don't expect that to be the case all season.... but I'll take it. And they ALWAYS beat the 69'ers, so it's looking like a 2-0 start for the season. Not at all bad for this trainwreck of a team.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Believe it or not, the Seahawks are now LEADING the NFC West!! No, I don't expect that to be the case all season.... but I'll take it. And they ALWAYS beat the 69'ers, so it's looking like a 2-0 start for the season. Not at all bad for this trainwreck of a team.
    You'd be better off losing and getting a high 1st round draft pick for a QB at this point...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's actually how I expected the season to go.. just tank the whole thing and go for the draft pick. But it was still good to win THAT game... probably even more so, the way it happened. Seriously.... Denver goes to all the trouble of stealing a franchise QB from us, and then... takes him out of the final play of the game to attempt a 64 fucking yard field goal??

Poor Russell.... not the "homecoming" he imagined....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    $300 million spent on this overpriced asshole and what do you know? Denvoid relies on its fucking kicker to win games.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

All overpaid bitches..all of em...I find it hard to even watch pro sports anymore when I think of the money these fucks are getting.

25. Thanked Fairwrning for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (09-14-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    All overpaid bitches..all of em...I find it hard to even watch pro sports anymore when I think of the money these fucks are getting.
    Yup. Pro sports needs an enema to flush the shit out. I'm ready to give new blood a shot. It used to be people were just happy to make a living doing what they loved. Need to reset things and go back to the basics and get the fucking propaganda and politics out of it.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Did you see the shiny tuxedo he showed up in for the Seattle game? Embarassing!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Geno Smith is doing suprisingly well.... what the fuck was up with the defense today though??

Seahawks put 48 points on the board, and didn't have to punt once. Hardly a perfect game, but I'll take it.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seahawks fans all had mild coronaries when they drove DK Metcalf off the field on a cart. Turns out he just had to take a shit really bad. Seriously....

Funny part is, he actually got a cart ride back to the field afterwards.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Week 7 of the NFL Season...

Seahawks are leading the NFC West.

Russell Wilson didn't play & Broncos are 4th place in the AFC West.

Maybe this trade wasn't such a bad thing after all

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's HAWKTOBERFEST in Munich!

First time I've had to wake up at 6:30 AM on a Sunday since I stopped going to church. In fact, more recent than that would be the days when I'd just be getting to bed around that time from Saturday night.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

OK... haven't posted in here since the Munich game, and with good reason..... been too depressed by most of the games to talk about them.

Yet here we are, at the end of the regular season. And somehow... the wounded, "rebuilding" Seahawks managed to limp into the playoffs with a 9-8 record. And beating the cheating assed Rams is always a good way to end the season.

Meanwhile in "Denvoid"...... Russell Wilson also won his last game of the season, but finished 5 - 12. No playoffs for him. All he managed to accomplish there was to make the draft pick the Hawks get from Denver (because of the trade) slightly worse. Team WalMart/Kindasleazy already sacked the Broncos head coach and I imagine the axes are going to start dropping around there.

Now as far as the Seahawks chances in the playoffs this year..... I'm not expecting the Super Bowl, but I'd be happy if they just beat the goddamned 49ers.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hey everybody. It's me, Russ. Remember? Say, wasn't I fanfuckingtastic last season? I made what, 12 maybe 14 touchdown passes, threw a boat fuck load of interceptions, and was sacked more times than Lady Gaga at a Madonna concert. Oh, and I managed to completely rip-off one of the biggest NFL franchisees, costing them draft picks and salary cap issues. Even my teammates won't talk to me unless I cover my mouth with a football and condescend to their fucking problems. I'm so fucking great. Aren't I great? You're god damn right I am. So...I'm just checking in seeing how ya all are doin'. I'm doing great. Because I am great. All my sycophants tell me I'm the best and I believe them. Not much else to add other then I'm going to burn the Broncos to the ground this season no matter who the motherfucking coach is. Sean...somebody. Anyway, fuck him. I say maybe 4 possibly 5 wins in 2023. Oh, and I'll deliver on the suck factor because I always do.

So, stay in touch.

Love, Russ.
    Last edited by Kristy; 03-09-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Meanwhile... back in Cascadia....

seahawks.com
    Geno Smith Signs Three-Year Contract Extension With Seahawks
    John Boyle

Three days after Geno Smith and the Seahawks agreed to terms on a contract extension, the Pro-Bowl quarterback made it official Thursday morning, signing a three-year deal.

Our guy has written back. ✍️#GoHawks x @Toyota pic.twitter.com/ZYbrpTtYvS
    — Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) March 9, 2023
    Smith, who started all 17 games last season, helping the Seahawks to a 9-8 record and a playoff berth, won the AP Comeback Player of the Year award following a campaign that saw him lead the NFL in completion percentage (69.8), finish in the top five in touchdown passes (30) and passer rating (100.9), and set franchise record for completion percentage, completions (399), attempts (572) and passing yards (4,282).

It was Smith's first season as a starter since 2014, his second year with the Jets, and after seven seasons as a backup for the Jets, Giants, Chargers and Seahawks, he seized his opportunity and showed the rest of the NFL what it had been missing out on as he bided his time as a backup. And now, Smith has been rewarded for his standout season with the first lucrative multi-year deal of his career, while the Seahawks assured themselves stability at the game's most important position, locking up Smith before he could become a free agent when the new league year begins next week.

"This was really an incredible experience with a young guy that did some amazing things," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said last week at the NFL Scouting Combine. "It's such a good story and it's just a real story, it really happened right before our eyes, a guy that kind of got knocked around and kind of got lost in the shuffle after a while…. Then the way he handled it with such class, character, makeup and competitiveness and, you know, beautiful come-through and athleticism, all that stuff is all part of the story. I think my favorite part of it though is how he handled it, that he was able to take this moment and capture it and he opened up to the club in terms of his leadership opportunities, and it was almost impeccably handled, orchestrated right out of the book—exactly how you'd like it to be."

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hey all of your fucktards, losers and cretins. It's me, favorite Jesus Boy Russ and I'm seeing how you're all doing. Me, I'm doing great. Over 250 million in the bank and 12 touchdowns. I lost track of how many interceptions and first downs I failed to complete but with $250 million who cares, right?

I've lost weight because I had to and because new Coach Sean "Kneecap Busting" Peyton is about to kick my $250 million dollar ass on the street if this year is anything like last year. Like I give a shit. Hey, you can find me a Nuggets games hiding out and not talking to the press. Fuck the press. Bunch of sodomites who have no idea who Jesus is. Sorry to cut this short but back to work. Oh, who am I kidding?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe Russ went to the Nuggets games just so he could remember what it felt like to be around a winning team? I'm actually surprised he was able to get in & out of that arena without the Denver fans trying to lynch him.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hi again, everybody. It's me Russ, Russell Wilson or "Christfucker Russ" to you low-lifes. So nobody in Denvoid likes me. I don't give a F A T fuck. Why? I have over $250 million in the god damn bank, that's why. All of you Seattle fucktard mutants can kiss my $250 million ass. So when you see me at a Nuggets game do try to remember I can afford to go to Championship game with my surgically-enhanced trophy wife and my fuck-ugly children whereas you mutants can barely afford a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Yeah, I'm no Peyton Manning but neither are you. Buttholes.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Believe it or not with our own headcase-divas (AKA Steffan Diggs), Wilson is often discussed on the local sports radio fandom. The general consensus is that he's overly persecuted because his team sucks and he didn't do well. Did Wilson suddenly become some sort of "weird freak" only after he started losing in Denver? Was he kinda weird in Seattle when winning? Probably but no one gives a fuck until you're not winning anymore. Yeah, he's massively overpaid but whose fault is that?

The asshole in the video also has the typical Ghetto misogynist vibe, like the "woman ruined him". I wonder if he says that about Colin Kaepernick because absolutely applies there if here. In any case, like in Shakespeare's MacBeth, the woman gets blamed when it was the man that chose her as his sounding board...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-17-2023 at 10:18 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't listen to a lot of "sports radio", but I don't remember a lot of talk about Russell Wilson being "weird" when he was with the Seahawks. A few comments here and there about him being religious, probably. For the most part, the fan base was cool with him until his defection to Denver. Even in the 2021 season, when the Seahawks finished with a 7-10 record, Russ didn't get most of the hate because that piece of shit Aaron Donald broke his finger, and that took him out of three games & impacted his performance the rest of the season. Most of the fans here probably expected there would be one Hell of a comeback in 2022... but of course the trade closed the door on that.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Russ will be gone after one game replaced by Jarrett Stidham who can at least throw the fucking ball.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What it up all my cretins, fucktards, chronic losers and butt monekyes, it's MEEEEEEEEEE once again, Russ "I got a bustle in my hedgerow" Wilson. Sorry I've been out of touch but you know how it is when you the richest quarterslack in the NFL. What's that you say? You don't? Well, fuck you then, you poor fuck. Guess you're not Republican and Jesus enough to hang with the Russ. Anyway, time is short so let's catch up. New season, new coach, new owners who are old owners but new to me. Can you believe I asked those dumbfucks for $250 million and actually fucking got it? Boy Howdy! Praise Jesus!

"Hey coach, my private jet is waiting. If we get out of Miami now we can get out with our lives and teeth intact."

Did I say 'new season'? You know I did. So far, off to a 0-3 start, lost to a bunch of fish fucks by a whopping embarrassing margin, took it right up the ol shitshooter from every NFL critic and I still smell like my own ego-tripping shit don't stink unlike say, than any poor person i.e., you. Two-hundred and fifty million can buy a bum like me a lot of deodorant. Now I'm not making any promises for the rest of the season but goddammit, the Broncoies may win 3, maybe 4 games, have a ton of career-ending injuries (thanks to me and my inability to throw a fucking ball) and end on a sour note with 98% of the coaching staff fired but what do I care? $250 MILLION, BABY!

So don't look to me as a failed washed up piece of shit quaterslack whose career died out a long time ago but rather a destroyer of rival NFL teams that I also happen to play on. Or, maybe, I just have severe daddy issues with my old coach. Who cares? Two-hun....you get the idea.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Broncos to bench Russell Wilson, will start Jarrett Stidham

The Denver Broncos, facing a looming decision about Russell Wilson's future with the organization, have benched the nine-time Pro Bowl quarterback for Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Broncos coach Sean Payton informed the team Wednesday morning that Jarrett Stidham will start Sunday with Wilson serving as the backup.

"I understand all the speculation and everything that surrounds a move like that," Payton said. "I can tell you -- look, we're desperately trying to win."

The quarterback change helps increase the Broncos' financial flexibility this upcoming offseason, as Wilson will make an additional $37 million in guaranteed money if he can't pass a physical by early March. An injury to Wilson in either of Denver's last two games of the season could trigger that guarantee.

Next season marks the first year of a five-year, $242.6 million extension signed in 2022 by Wilson, who already will make $39 million guaranteed in 2024.

"Sure, in our game today there are economics and all those other things," Payton said. "But the No. 1 push behind this -- and it's a decision I'm making -- is to get a spark offensively."

Wilson, 35, took to social media later to say he was "looking forward to what's next" in his career.

God's got me.
    Looking forward to what's next.
    — Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) December 28, 2023

The move to Stidham also could provide a jump-start to a Denver offense that has been sluggish for much of the season. The Broncos (7-8) still have an outside chance at the postseason but have lost three of their past four games.

The Broncos dropped from 5-point favorites to 3-point favorites over the Chargers at ESPN BET after the news of Wilson's benching Wednesday afternoon.

The Broncos are 16th in the league in scoring (21.8 points per game), 20th on third down (36.7%), 31st in goal-to-go situations (53.6%) and 25th in passing (187.5 yards per game).

Wilson is tied for sixth in the league in touchdowns with 26, but is 18th in yards passing and has one 300-yard game this season -- in Denver's 70-20 loss to the Dolphins.

"Obviously it's difficult and all of us feel like, 'Man, we didn't do well enough,'" Payton said. "But one of the things we saw when we signed Stidham in the offseason is not only film from preseason games, but regular-season games. He's a guy that I'm anxious to see play."

What the Broncos do with Wilson moving forward will be the biggest roster decision they face in the offseason. The Broncos have just six draft picks in April, with no second-rounder, and would face unprecedented dead money charges of $85 million combined over the 2024 and 2025 seasons if they cut Wilson.

Wilson, when asked about his future after Sunday night's loss to the Patriots, said he was "just worried about next week and playing great football."

Thread Information