• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Fucking wimps. We need a band that leaves a body count,
    To be fair, statistically speaking, working with Grohl does have a higher death rate than most jobs...

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      To be fair, statistically speaking, working with Grohl does have a higher death rate than most jobs...
      Right next to this guy:

Think Dave is after his job.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

fuckin' Dave Grohl again. Bissonette on drums

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          fuckin' Dave Grohl again. Bissonette on drums
          I've been to the dentist and BDSM sessions that were less painful than that.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I, personally, could care less that Dave Grohl is supposedly such a nice guy. He's so over-saturated in the rock 'n' roll market that he clearly sees himself as some sort of savior to the genre. Yet, every time I hear one of his new songs, I always think: "Dude, your songs never break any new ground. They're...BORING."
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

I grew up with Nirvana. They were a great band. Foo Fighters don't hold a candle.
              Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

And Grohl's drumming was the least interesting thing IN Nirvana.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  And Grohl's drumming was the least interesting thing IN Nirvana.
                  I agree...to a point. The melodies, even Novoselic's basslines were amazing. The screaming. The feedback-y solos. Great stuff.

BUT...Grohl was far more interesting a drummer than Taylor Hawkins (when Grohl was in Nirvana). Listen to the beat of SCENTLESS APPRENTICE off IN UTERO. That's a killer beat. That song pumps me up the same way ROMEO DELIGHT does.

But he's wasted any of his rhythmic talent on a second-rate guitar band. I saw THEM CROOKED VULTURES, third row. That was a great show...though Homme and John Paul Jones were the true champions there.

Grohl's stuff in QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE was good too.

But if Grohl is left to write the songs, he just doesn't seem to have a lot of vision.

He releases too much music. I write songs. I write tons of them. But I only really work on the ones that I feel are cutting new ground. This guy thinks everything he writes is gold.

And it isn't.

But yes, he was the least interesting thing in Nirvana. That's why BLEACH is far more interesting than NEVERMIND, in my humble opinion.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Fuckin' Dave Grohl

These machines start at $7k and there is a limited edition for $13k

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Fuckin' Dave Grohl.

https://sternpinball.com/game/foo-fighters/
                      Yeah, that could be a great machine if it weren't Foo Fighters. And fan-friendly? Fuck that. That's insane (the price).

I remember when I was building my mancave...huge mancave too...our basement is (not kidding) about 2,000 square feet...and my wife let me basically let me take the lead on that. And I wanted to at least look into getting an original KISS Pinball Machine. Then I saw that they go for at least $5,000. And that's for a classic...something vintage. I wanted one, but FUCK THAT.

I also considered the HALLOWEEN Pinball Machine (Michael Myers) that they released a few years ago. This thing was seriously awesome...with full miniatures of the film sets inside it and video footage and all this crap. But again, it went for so many thousands of dollars and I just couldn't justify spending that for a pinball machine.

Now here's Grohl with a much more basic pinball machine...and Mr. Fan-Friendly is charging $7,000-13,000? I mean, that's a minimal pinball machine.

Fuck Dave Grohl.

Here's the Halloween one:
                      file.jpg
                      Attached Files
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

BYoung must be doing pretty well if he can blow that on a pinball machine.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Fuckin' Dave Grohl

13 grand and no reference to Kurt blowing his head off or that shitty drummer overdosing or do you have to earn a specific score for that to happen?

Comment

• Mushroom
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2009

This thread needs a bump because Taylor Hawkins isn’t here to do it for us.

Foo Fighters should play a Super Bowl halftime show. It really can’t get any worse than the last decade.

I really thought Coldplay was a teaser act. Of course the NFL didn’t want Coldplay alone so they required all the other shit performers… Beyoncé, Gustavo who, Mark Ronson.

So think about it, Foo Fighters would slay this (lip sync of course)

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
                              I really thought Coldplay was a teaser act.
                              Ah...Coldplay. That's another one I forgot about.

I know a lot of people hate U2...and I agree that they're all preachy and have gotten annoying and shit...
                              ...but I still like ACHTUNG BABY! and ZOOROPA and that 90s period. I also like WAR.

But Coldplay...Jesus. My guitar player really tried to get me to like them.

I thought Coldplay were like Radiohead for people who don't like music and without any of the innovation or creativity or original ideas.

Fucking Coldplay...with that annoying Coldplay voice he sings and their shitty Coldplay songs.

I heard that Gwyneth Paltrow was sitting through one of her husband's Coldplay sets and was so bored that she was inspired to create a product called Goop.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Mushroom
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Rikk
                                Ah...Coldplay. That's another one I forgot about.

I know a lot of people hate U2...and I agree that they're all preachy and have gotten annoying and shit...
                                ...but I still like ACHTUNG BABY! and ZOOROPA and that 90s period. I also like WAR.

But Coldplay...Jesus. My guitar player really tried to get me to like them.

I thought Coldplay were like Radiohead for people who don't like music and without any of the innovation or creativity or original ideas.

Fucking Coldplay...with that annoying Coldplay voice he sings and their shitty Coldplay songs.

I heard that Gwyneth Paltrow was sitting through one of her husband's Coldplay sets and was so bored that she was inspired to create a product called Goop.
                                My hot takes:

ACHTUNG BABY! was U2’s last good record.

Just to be perfectly clear, I’m no fan of Coldplay. I blame the Brits for exporting them to the USA. We were doing just fine without them.

Comment

Working...