Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The real star was Taylor Hawkins. He was the guy people liked. Dave is an attention whore who has shot his load and is now a limp dry fuck.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Theres more substance in my dog's farts than Dave Grohl's philosophies.

Comment

• Mushroom
        Commando
        • Jul 2009

You made up all of those names! And who is that C.U.Next.Tuesday in the photo?

Originally posted by Kristy
        It's "Lizzo," you hippie. Anyhoo, it's all about shit you never heard of like SZA and Lizzo, Miguel, Tems, Metro Boomin, Ice Spice, Coi Leray, Latto, Lil Yachty, Doechii, Lola Brooke, Coco Jones, TiaCorine, Mase, and Cam'ron.

"Dave Grohl can suck my dick."

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think because I pretty much ignored all new music after seeing their first tour about 1995 and then rediscovered them a few years back I'm way more sympathetic to the Foo thing than most people around here.

That said I was massively fucking relieved when their gig here sold out so fast in less than an hour that my family weren't able to hit me for $600 to watch them in a stadium next year.

How can you argue against the ridiculous prices of this stuff when they are selling 50 000 tickets in 20 minutes?

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            How can you argue against the ridiculous prices of this stuff when they are selling 50 000 tickets in 20 minutes?
            Or the bots are buying them for resale. Or corporations are getting first dibs on them. My nephew works for Capital One. They had 16 tickets in the 4th row at Ford Field for Taylor swift. How did they get those? He told me they have them in every city she plays in. 16 tickets in a row. He was offered $10k a seat for them. Had to take a bunch of middle aged cunt customers that wanted to plaster themselves all over FaceBook being 4th row at the show.

I never liked the Foo Fighters. I've never seen the Foo Fighters. I'll never like the Foo Fighters. I'll never see the Foo Fighters.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              I have to agree with the assessment of Journey & Poison being "sad & horny". But U2 being sad & angry?? Yeah, they had a few angry songs in the 80s, but the only really sad song was "Tomorrow", which was literally Bono singing about his mother's funeral, which would understandably be sad. Black Flag as angry & happy?? Sure, I guess... definitely angry. They had the sense of humor on some songs like "TV Party"
              I think The Unforgettable Fire is pretty sad. It's a great little love sonnet ditty about trying to convince a girl to stay and sleep with you interspersed with imagery of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic Bombings. Hey, worked for me in college!...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Dave Grohl's best performance on The Best Song in the World...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  I think The Unforgettable Fire is pretty sad. It's a great little love sonnet ditty about trying to convince a girl to stay and sleep with you interspersed with imagery of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic Bombings. Hey, worked for me in college!...
                  Is that what that song is about? I thought it was about being drunk at a carnival, with a little bit of Reagan era paranoia about nuclear war thrown in. (the mountains crumbling & disappearing into the sea and all that)

I know they got the album title from something Hiroshima related, but I never got that from the song itself.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Is that what that song is about? I thought it was about being drunk at a carnival, with a little bit of Reagan era paranoia about nuclear war thrown in. (the mountains crumbling & disappearing into the sea and all that)

I know they got the album title from something Hiroshima related, but I never got that from the song itself.
                    I think that is one interpretation as it sort of follows the sonnet approach of getting a girl to fuck you by reminding her life is short and her beauty is fleeting. U2 had attended a pictorial exhibit of the atomic bombings somewhere while working on the album and the imagery came in...

Comment

• Mushroom
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2009

Taylor Hawkins' son Shane performs Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath,... with Chevy Metal

This thread is worth a bump! Taylor Hawkins' son is a pretty damn good drummer.

Shane Hawkins, the son of Foo Fighter’s late drummer Taylor Hawkins, took to the stage with his father’s covers band Chevy Metal to perform some of rock and metal’s biggest hits during two of their California shows.

Shane Hawkins sat behind the drums at the band’s Newport Beach show on July 27th and Agoura Hills on 29th, contributing to covers of songs by Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Mötley Crüe, The Police, Thin Lizzy, and more over the two nights.

Sebastian Bach also joined Chevy Metal for a number of songs at the Agoura Hills concert, while other guests included Poison drummer Rikki Rockett, The Cars guitarist Elliot Easton, and John Mellencamp and John Fogerty drummer Kenny Aronoff.

Taylor Hawkins formed Chevy Metal in 2013, routinely gigging with them until his passing in 2022. His son has also previously performed with Foo Fighters, including the band’s tribute concert to Taylor Hawkins in September 2022, as well as a guest appearance recently at the band’s Boston Calling gig.

This follows Foo Fighters’ official kick-off of a run of headlining and festival shows and a recent tribute performance to the late Sinéad O’Connor with Alanis Morissette.

They provided a cover of ‘Mandinka’ from O’Connor’s 1987 debut album, The Lion and the Cobra. “We’re singing this song for a reason tonight,” Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl said.

“Yes, for a beautiful woman with high intelligence and deep empathy, way ahead of her time, who is no longer with us,” Morissette continued. “This is for her”.

The band has US dates scheduled throughout the rest of 2023 and into 2024.

Comment

• Mushroom
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2009

21 reasons why Dave Grohl is the Nicest Guy In Rock

For the haters and the lovers, and Kristy, here are 21 reasons why Dave Grohl is the Nicest Guy In Rock

1 - Dave sang ‘My Hero’ to Swedish medic who treated his broken leg

2 - Dave surprised 9-year-old drumming prodigy

3 - ...And 10-year-old Nandi Bushell

4 - Dave cooked a barbecue for firefighters battling Californian wildfires

5 - He also cooked a barbecue at a food bank at Christmas 2018

6 - Dave invited a blind boy up on stage

7 - Foo Fighters cover Metallica’s ‘Enter Sandman’ with a 10-year-old

8 - Dave gave his shoe to a girl on crutches

9 - He made a documentary series with his mum

10 - Dave stops fights at gigs

11 - ...And settles feuds

12 - Foo Fighters performed gigs in fans’ garages in 2011

13 - He shone the spotlight on former Nirvana drummer Chad Channing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

14 - Dave listens to the appeals of his fans

15 - Dave does an awful lot for charity

16 - He fills in for sick musicians

17 - Dave left a 100% bar tip to take bill to $666

18 - Dave invited a crying fan onto the stage

19 - Dave read a CBeebies Bedtime Story

20 - He paid tribute to Taylor Hawkins at Glastonbury 2022

21 - Dave worked a 16-hour shift cooking food for 500 homeless people

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

[QUOTE=Mushroom;1963744]For the haters and the lovers, and Kristy, here are 21 reasons why Dave Grohl is the Biggest Asshole In Rock

Originally posted by Mushroom
                          1 - Dave sang ‘My Hero’ to Swedish medic who treated his broken leg.
                          Why not just give him a blowjob? Oh right, Dave is going for his Eagle Scout badge.

2 - Dave surprised 9-year-old drumming prodigy

3 - ...And 10-year-old Nandi Bushell
                          And this makes him "great guy" how? Makes him a fucking creep in my book. A 50+ year old man hitting on 10 year-olds.

4 - Dave cooked a barbecue for firefighters battling Californian wildfires
                          I'm willing to be not one firefighter that yellow-toothed assface cooked for was a current inmate in the California State Penal System

5 - He also cooked a barbecue at a food bank at Christmas 2018
                          Wow. Did he buttfuck the Amazon delivery driver, too?

6 - Dave invited a blind boy up on stage
                          To Dave, Stevie Wonder is a "blind boy."

7 - Foo Fighters cover Metallica’s ‘Enter Sandman’ with a 10-year-old
                          Again, a 50+ year old man hanging around with children. And this normal to you?

8 - Dave gave his shoe to a girl on crutches
                          And that would help her...how?

9 - He made a documentary series with his mum
                          Ah yes, the "Dave Shithead Grohl Entitled White Male and Self-Professed Media Whore" documentary

10 - Dave stops fights at gigs

11 - ...And settles feuds
                          Not at all surprising when you see the rift-raft that attend a fucking Foo Foo Fighter gig

12 - Foo Fighters performed gigs in fans’ garages in 2011
                          So I take no local promoter would want anything to do with Dave.

13 - He shone the spotlight on former Nirvana drummer Chad Channing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
                          Dave giving street cred to a much better musician. Good for him.

14 - Dave listens to the appeals of his fans
                          So when "the fans" tell him he sucks Dave simply gets on his knees for them.

15 - Dave does an awful lot for charity
                          Media whoring is not charity

16 - He fills in for sick musicians
                          Such as...?

17 - Dave left a 100% bar tip to take bill to $666
                          Dave is so...so...so...edgy. Isn't he?

18 - Dave invited a crying fan onto the stage
                          What's the betting this "crying fan" was not over the age of ten years?

19 - Dave read a CBeebies Bedtime Story
                          How traumatizing

20 - He paid tribute to Taylor Hawkins at Glastonbury 2022
                          Yeah, I talked in depth about this and that motherfucker made his dead drug-addict dumbfuck drummer's suicide (and it was a suicide) all abut himself which only proves how much of a fucking monkey dick Grohl really is.

21 - Dave worked a 16-hour shift cooking food for 500 homeless people
                          You mean, Dave whored himself out for 500 homeless people as long there was a camera on him during those alleged 16 hours.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Fuck safe Dad Rock made by nice guys.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              Fuck safe Dad Rock made by nice guys.
                              Fucking wimps. We need a band that leaves a body count, knocked up women and destroyed hotels in their wake. Let’s see some big fucking flat screen TVs fly out the high rise windows and make damn sure it hits someone on the sidewalk.

Comment

• Mushroom
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2009

Oh God you guys

Comment

Working...