X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The 'Kimmel Incident' 7 years on.

Fell down an internet hole and watched this again for the first time since it happened and I'm struck by the professionalism and chutzpah of a 61 year old man needing 14 stitches but playing on and them all keeping it together. It really shows all those years of gigs, your average band would have fallen to pieces or more likely not been able to reset to the same level of energy.

I don't think there was enough kudos on this at the time probably connected with the often discussed non PR of final years.

Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-02-2022, 09:41 PM.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

They all certainly handled it a lot better than.... let's say that incident where Brett Michaels ran right into a door that came down stage at some awards show. He also broke his nose, but there was no attempt to keep the show going.... just generated a lot of laughs on the internet.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Fell down an internet hole and watched this again for the first time since it happened and I'm struck by the professionalism and chutzpah of a 61 year old man needing 14 stitches but playing on and them all keeping it together. It really shows all those years of gigs, your average band would have fallen to pieces or more likely not been able to reset to the same level of energy.

I don't think there was enough kudos on this at the time probably connected with the often discussed non PR of final years.

I'd certainly agree: it would have been easy - and perhaps understandable - if Roth/Van Halen declined to play the show after the incident.

For whatever misgivings I had about Roth's vocals post-2012, I certainly can't say Dave was phoning it in in terms of 'the show must go on' etc.etc. blah blah blah re: Kimmel.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Old school entertainers who came up the hard way don’t quit. The real professionals really do believe in the show must go on. It’s hard wired in them.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Nitta Strauss said when Alice Cooper hired her he said you will get paid, you will see the world and you will get stitches. Ha! Ha!
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

What Nitro said.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
              What Nitro said.
              That Toto blows?