X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    I think Joe Satriani is closer to Ed in tone than Steve Vai ever was, but even still and as good as Satch is there will be something missing...

I might try to catch Satch on tour in any case...
    I have seen him play live about 5-6 times. Worth seeing for sure
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Who remodeled an existing building into 5150 was Drew Bertinelli. Ed playing music in the main house was driving Valerie nuts because she had to be at shoots early in the morning and Ed is a night owl. I had a chat with David Bertinelli and he told me some great stories about 5150. It was supposed to just be a practice space for Ed but Ed bought a bunch of used studio equipment and Donn Landee hooked it all up.
      You're so full of shit. That was Thomas Dolby. Yeah, that Thomas Dolby who Ed called personally on what was required in building a professional studio. Tom did it Quid pro quo if Ed played on one of his albums.

Which he did:

Quit making shit up just to make shit up

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Oh so Thomas Dolby was the head contractor and ran the construction crew. I see. I guess you know more about it than David Bertinelli does.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Please shut the fuck up.

Go back to your "stories" of how you flew "choppers" in Viet Nam with Ted Nugent

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Naw. Sammy Hagar is Ted Nugent’s little buddy. Sam likes tall rugged men.

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

DAVID LEE ROTH Is 'Holding Up' VAN HALEN Tribute Project, Says Radio Personality EDDIE TRUNK
              David Lee Roth is the main reason the proposed all-star VAN HALEN tribute project has yet to move forward, according to SiriusXM radio personality Eddie Trunk. No progress has been reported on a possible VAN HALEN tribute concert since April when former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted revealed to Th...
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

I dunno.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine that the remaining principals - Roth, Alex, Michael Anthony, Wolfgang...what the hell, throw Hagar in there - wouldn't agree on what would constitute a fitting tribute to Eddie Van Halen at this point, or what form said tribute should take.

Maybe they do. Who the fuck knows?

The thing of it is...the band were sort of able in the last decade of their existence to get themselves sorted out to the point where they could perform the CVH stuff live and it sounded good, and sometimes even great. But the key factor there is that it took them that long just to be able to sort themselves out and get to that point...and this was while Eddie was still alive.

There's also the aspect of timing, in that it feels to me this tribute should have already taken place last year if it was going to happen at all.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• silverfish
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                  ...wouldn't agree on what would constitute a fitting tribute ....
                  Don't be surprised if it turns out to be "couldn't agree on what could..."

Originally posted by Terry
                  There's also the aspect of timing, in that it feels to me this tribute should have already taken place last year if it was going to happen at all.
                  Yeah, you're probably right about that.
                  The longer it takes (if anything does happen,) people will be like "WTF took so long?!" and that overshadows the event/tour/tribute/whatever...
                  I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Dec 2005

Van Halen IS David Lee Roth
                    www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
                      Van Halen IS David Lee Roth
                      He is now. I do hope he is holding up this terrible idea for a tribute show or whatever that will undoubtedly feature - much like those horrible tribute albums that have come out in previous decades that I am sure you may have come across - a ton of geetar shredders and EVH wannabees. To fucking hell with that.

That ain't what VH was for me. It was DLR + EVH, then the other two.

Just let it lie, FFS.

One of the apparent paradoxes for me about VH is that while they were great at covering other people's tunes, everyone who tries to cover them is shit.

Why the hell is that?

For one it's cos no one can do Roth. It's because they don't get his influences.
                      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                        DAVID LEE ROTH Is 'Holding Up' VAN HALEN Tribute Project, Says Radio Personality EDDIE TRUNK
                        https://blabbermouth.net/news/david-...ty-eddie-trunk
                        Yay! Way to go Dave!! I can’t wait to see Sammy Square Pants Hagar come out publicly and scold Dave for ruining another opportunity for Sam to self-promote himself.

Comment

• silverfish
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2007

Naturally...

SAMMY HAGAR Doesn't Know If He Would Perform At Proposed VAN HALEN Tribute Concert: 'I Don't Think I'd Go Back There'
                          Sammy Hagar has weighed in on the proposed all-star VAN HALEN tribute concert, saying he doesn't think he would take part unless both Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony were involved. No progress has been reported on a possible VAN HALEN tribute show since April when former METALLICA bassist Jason N...

On the other hand...

Sammy Hagar Feels ‘Responsibility’ to Perform Van Halen Songs
                          Sammy Hagar discussed the upcoming Circle album 'Crazy Times!' and playing Van Halen songs in concert during an August 2022 interview.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't even have to listen to Trunk to know he's full of shit. He's been a Hagar sheep from day one...
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                              Naturally...

SAMMY HAGAR Doesn't Know If He Would Perform At Proposed VAN HALEN Tribute Concert: 'I Don't Think I'd Go Back There'
                              Sammy Hagar has weighed in on the proposed all-star VAN HALEN tribute concert, saying he doesn't think he would take part unless both Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony were involved. No progress has been reported on a possible VAN HALEN tribute show since April when former METALLICA bassist Jason N...

On the other hand...

Sammy Hagar Feels ‘Responsibility’ to Perform Van Halen Songs
                              https://ultimateclassicrock.com/samm...n-halen-songs/
                              Sam is such a tool.

One of the supposed big reasons nothing happened with a tribute is the fact that Alex didn't want you there and wants nothing to do with you. Assclown.

Dave wanted Mike. Mike then wanted Sam. Alex said no to Sam hence why Newstead was brought into the convo.

Something like that.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                                Sam is such a tool.

One of the supposed big reasons nothing happened with a tribute is the fact that Alex didn't want you there and wants nothing to do with you. Assclown.

Dave wanted Mike. Mike then wanted Sam. Alex said no to Sam hence why Newstead was brought into the convo.

Something like that.
                                Hagar said something in a recent interview along the lines of both he and Mike have tried to contact Alex a few times since Ed passed away, but Alex hasn't returned either of their calls.

A lame thing to talk about in an interview.

Like, so now we've gone from Sam talking about how he spoke with Ed in the last year of his life to Sam talking about how neither he nor Mike has spoken to Alex since Ed died?

There's just no bottom with Hagar re: talking about Van Halen in interviews.

It's like, fuck, dude, just say "I was in the band, I had a great time when I was in the band, it ended badly, the reunion tour wasn't great, I wish it could have ended a better way, it didn't. Ed, sadly, has passed. That's it. There's nothing left to say, because everything else I mentioned has been talked about a million times before." Don't act like some sulking teenager whining about being ghosted.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...