Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Band feuds/disfunction can even happen much later.

Wtf is going on with Heart??
    Nancy Wilson is going out with her own band and calling it "Nancy Wilson's Heart".

Really Nancy?
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So Fake Heart is touring with Fake Styx?? Yeah, that makes sense... in a weird way...

Apparently Ann had one fake lineup put together & Nancy had the other fake lineup that they used on their last tour, but they had a fight over which fake lineup to use, and Ann refused to tour with Nancy's band. At least it's not as ugly as their last fight, when Ann's husband beat the shit out of Nancy's kids. Took them a while to get over that one.

Meanwhile, Heart's original rhythm section, Steve Fossen & Mike Derosier are still performing as "Heart By Heart"... so now you have the possibility of three competing fake Hearts out there. Maybe Roger Fisher or Howard Leese can come up with a 4th version and really confuse the Hell out of everyone?
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        So Fake Heart is touring with Fake Styx?? Yeah, that makes sense... in a weird way...

Apparently Ann had one fake lineup put together & Nancy had the other fake lineup that they used on their last tour, but they had a fight over which fake lineup to use, and Ann refused to tour with Nancy's band. At least it's not as ugly as their last fight, when Ann's husband beat the shit out of Nancy's kids. Took them a while to get over that one.

Meanwhile, Heart's original rhythm section, Steve Fossen & Mike Derosier are still performing as "Heart By Heart"... so now you have the possibility of three competing fake Hearts out there. Maybe Roger Fisher or Howard Leese can come up with a 4th version and really confuse the Hell out of everyone?
        Ha yeah its confusing. I didn't realize there was that much strife between the sisters. Interesting.

Yes, fake Heart opening for fake Styx.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

That Heart story...I couldn't help but chuckle at how absurd it is with the 3 different groups.

Had a similar reaction to Foreigner a decade or so back, when Mick Jones was the last member from back when the band recorded their hits in the 70's and early 80's. And whenever Jones is too ill to go onstage, the band go on and perform without him. When it gets to that point, it's basically Joe Blow And The Schmoes Play The Songs Of Foreigner.

But it's been the same type of thing with so many name acts for so long. As long as there's a dollar to be made, I guess.

Even though on the list of horribles whatever configuration of musicians trying to reconstitute Van Halen would barely matter to me, I'd rather Wolfgang play Van Halen tunes at a tribute show than see Roth, Hagar, Anthony, Alex and Wolfgang try and revive the band name for live performances. It was already a bit silly re: Van Halen III. Van Halen Mach 4 did about the best they could, but now that Eddie's gone just stop. Don't let it devolve into some absurd situation a la Heart, Ratt, Foreigner, Styx and the like.

But the draw and earning power of nostalgia is a powerful thing. By and large, audiences don't care about authenticity or original lineups or whatever. Long as whoever onstage is playing hit songs under the authentic, licensed band name.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Van Halen is dysfunctional. Yeah. We know.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I would rather see Wolfgang fart in a tuba that see a Van Halen nostalgia tour with Sammy Hagar.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...