Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Really, at this point. about the only stuff that would interest me is whatever live footage of the band in their CVH heyday exists that hasn't already been leaked out onto the bootleg circuit.

Be it the stuff in Mike Anthony's/Roth's/AVH's/Wolfgang's private collection (of which one would imagine there are at least a few full-length shows from the various CVH tours that were shot on either film or videotape) or the long-rumored stuff 'in the can' that WB supposedly filmed, or whatever.

I'd just like to watch some of that stuff. And I don't really care if it is in the form of an official dvd (not that anybody buys dvds anymore anyway) or on whatever streaming service or if somebody steals the stuff and uploads it onto youtube for free or whatever.

Because even if Roth and Alex and whoever do stage a live tribute to Eddie Van Halen...even if it's done tastefully, I can't say as I really...that wouldn't matter to me, because I have no interest in seeing it or hearing it.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Well Fuck Jason. Loose lips sink ships. That means you keep your mouth shut. It’s not the journalist’s fault, it’s your fault.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Someone told me they saw Sammy in Vegas and it was great. I told them they were a lame as shit old fuck. Yeah I can see the audience from the stage in my head. A hall full of lame fucks that look like they were bused in from the Walmarts around town.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

The world is turning into cheese.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            I wouldn't expect Alex to play with anyone. Him and Ed were extremely close not just as brothers but as jamming buddies. I
            Horse hockey. This is easy money. There's no pressure to promote a new album, no grandiose stage design, so no hiring of extra crew and you keep the touring dates to minimum and do it during the summer. Tribute acts and tours are all about the money and Alex would do this alone to keep up the maintenance on all his Ferrari's.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Maybe Alex is getting divorced again...
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Alex with a University of Colorado Buffaloes hat on

There is a story in this somewhere.

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Oh, one of his creepy kids attended there

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy

They do have the look of every bully in every teen movie ever...

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wonder when they wanted this thing to happen.

If Tommy Lee is really involved, the Crue tour ends in early September.

Satriani is touring the US mid-September through mid November, and then Europe from April to June 2023.

Supposedly Wolfgang is not happy about it:

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Horse hockey. This is easy money. There's no pressure to promote a new album, no grandiose stage design, so no hiring of extra crew and you keep the touring dates to minimum and do it during the summer. Tribute acts and tours are all about the money and Alex would do this alone to keep up the maintenance on all his Ferrari's.
                        Ha! Alex probably is making more money from something else. He drives Porsches not Ferraris. Ferrari dealers kinda suck. Porsche dealers are way better.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

There is a story in this somewhere.
                          Al’s son ran track for CU.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            Maybe Alex is getting divorced again...
                            I hear his wife is a bit of a bitch.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              Really, at this point. about the only stuff that would interest me is whatever live footage of the band in their CVH heyday exists that hasn't already been leaked out onto the bootleg circuit.

Be it the stuff in Mike Anthony's/Roth's/AVH's/Wolfgang's private collection (of which one would imagine there are at least a few full-length shows from the various CVH tours that were shot on either film or videotape) or the long-rumored stuff 'in the can' that WB supposedly filmed, or whatever.

I'd just like to watch some of that stuff. And I don't really care if it is in the form of an official dvd (not that anybody buys dvds anymore anyway) or on whatever streaming service or if somebody steals the stuff and uploads it onto youtube for free or whatever.

Because even if Roth and Alex and whoever do stage a live tribute to Eddie Van Halen...even if it's done tastefully, I can't say as I really...that wouldn't matter to me, because I have no interest in seeing it or hearing it.
                              Not sure about more unseen concert footage but I believe there are live recordings from the 1984 tour and even from the Hide your Sheep tour so who knows.

Dave suggested back in '85 they release a live album as he himself back then said "we have tapes" but the Van Halens didnt want to.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Still trying to track down the rumor that VH's 1984 show at the old, demolished Buffalo Memorial Aud was recorded by the Sabres broadcast team "Largo" style but always leads to the brickwall in the Aud subbasement. It would be a rare ProShot 1984 show IIRC, if not the only complete one...

Comment

Working...