Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Tesla Twat Buys Twitter

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

He paid a ton for it. The stockholders made money. I have no idea why the public let’s a few platforms become dominant. Social media has bottlenecked the internet into a lame dysfunctional family ass fucking contest. It’s really ruined things.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

When the internet was the Wild West it was at it’s best. When social media platforms drew everyone to them it put control of a lot of information in a few hands. What you posted became their property and they got rich selling your data and they even tracked your other apps. Then the censorship and canceling started. I always avoided the big social media platforms for personal use. Why be a slave?

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

for someone who claims to not use Twitter, you sure bitch about Twitter a lot

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This seems to be splitting left right but yet again I think people are wrong to be using these old ways of identifying themselves or the people in charge - these days it's authoritarian v permissive but because the authoritarians pretend to be about freedom and because the 'left' in the US are referred to as liberal everyone is fucking confused about everything.

Billionaires have enough power without giving them more whether it's running social media or being president - it's a bad idea and it's highly unlikely they are going to have your interests at heart. Especially if you are not also at the very least a millionaire.

Also I don't understand people who think that billionaires are more in tune with the common man and not 'elites' than someone from an average background who becomes a professor of public health or whatever.

Usually sensible people are fanboys of a South African Blofeld. It's nuts.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

The rich own everything including the politicians so you can’t win. People love money too much. It is what it is. Nobody is going to take care of you. Thinking someone will is the most naive view of all. The world is a very nasty place.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

What levels the playing field is things like the Black Plague. It killed so many of the authoritarians it created a renaissance because of the freedom it created.

Massive die offs are the game changers not politics. Politics is kabuki theater.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Usually sensible people are fanboys of a South African Blofeld. It's nuts.
                          An African American billionaire taking heat. Guy can't win!

I just love the outrage. I don't use Twitter, don't have stock, don't have a dog in the fight.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I didn't mean you were a fanboy but its a thing. If you say anything against Musk online you get piled in on social media. There are a bunch of people a lot of them very young who won't hear a word against him in a cultish type way. Given his track record of making shit up it's maybe not a great thing for him to control a massive worldwide communications network which is kind of a monopoly. Nitro is about to say not great people own and run most things but they don't usually have such a high profile and influence. The guy has also surrounded the planet with hundreds of satellites FFS, he could easily pull a Hugo Drax move if he wanted.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I wouldn't consider myself "sensible." You haven't seen my driveway lately

I saw some group claimed the government could put an end to the Twitter buy since Musk also runs Starlink and that it would be a conflict of interest to have both.

Bezos going after Musk is a joke, too.
                              Last edited by twonabomber; 04-28-2022, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...