Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Elon Musk is one of the Department of Defense biggest contractors so he could be a front. Both Facebook and Twitter were developed by DARPA. Since our tax money went towards developing them they should be public utilities.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Starlink very well could be an alternative internet. Maybe the military is using it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Musk has seen the massive power Trump wielded on Twitter and wants some of that. Agree politically with Trump or not but it's undeniable that he said a bunch of stuff on twitter that wasn't opinion it was factually untrue and millions of people maybe even the majority of people would believe it.

Some good could come of Musk taking over Twitter, it's a sewer just now and his talk of accountability and open source algorithms bringing transparency would be great but forgive me if I don't trust him - the guy has much form as not being a straight shooter at all.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Starlink very well could be an alternative internet. Maybe the military is using it.
          And when he used it to help Ukraine I thought great but with these guys you have to constantly question what they are up to and how much power they are wielding and not be blinkered by the fact that sometimes they may do something you like.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I like the cars that Tesla makes. Even if the prices are insane.... it's been a net gain for the planet because it pushed other car companies into taking electrics more seriously. It's just too bad that he turned into such a douchebag. Maybe it's genetic because he's from fucking South Africa (especially the stories about apartheid being alive & well at some of the Tesla factories)
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              And when he used it to help Ukraine I thought great but with these guys you have to constantly question what they are up to and how much power they are wielding and not be blinkered by the fact that sometimes they may do something you like.
              My question is why were they in such a hurry to deploy it? Providing internet access for rural communities isn’t that important. Someone wants to move information securely. It could be the foundation of a new financial system. One thing for sure, who controls Musk controls the system.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                I like the cars that Tesla makes. Even if the prices are insane.... it's been a net gain for the planet because it pushed other car companies into taking electrics more seriously. It's just too bad that he turned into such a douchebag. Maybe it's genetic because he's from fucking South Africa (especially the stories about apartheid being alive & well at some of the Tesla factories)
                Charging them is still a bitch if you can’t plug them in inside a garage. The batteries have gotten better but Teslas have caused some fires from the batteries. There’s a niche for electric vehicles but they aren’t the best choice in a lot of situations.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Musk has seen the massive power Trump wielded on Twitter and wants some of that. Agree politically with Trump or not but it's undeniable that he said a bunch of stuff on twitter that wasn't opinion it was factually untrue and millions of people maybe even the majority of people would believe it.

Some good could come of Musk taking over Twitter, it's a sewer just now and his talk of accountability and open source algorithms bringing transparency would be great but forgive me if I don't trust him - the guy has much form as not being a straight shooter at all.
                  Twitter has always been a sewer. I call it shitter. People have always been assholes on message boards. People are assholes, that’s why we lock things up. We’ve never had completely honest anything at anytime.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Anyways stop wishing for the magical utopia. It’s never going to happen.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Charging them is still a bitch if you can’t plug them in inside a garage. The batteries have gotten better but Teslas have caused some fires from the batteries. There’s a niche for electric vehicles but they aren’t the best choice in a lot of situations.
                      Mining the minerals for the batteries is problematic. Disposing of the batteries is problematic. Charging the batteries is problematic. There's still oil in the plastics and tires.

I'll go electric just as soon as the entire presidential motorcade does. Until then, I will enjoy my V8's and V6's.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Yup. Most people don’t know there’s a major oil field under Beverly Hills. It’s been pumping oil for years but the people who live over it don’t even know. Compare that to your average lithium mine.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Twitter has always been a sewer. I call it shitter. People have always been assholes on message boards. People are assholes, that’s why we lock things up. We’ve never had completely honest anything at anytime.
                          It's a godless communist platform. Margie Traitor Greedy says so.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Slightly off topic, but it shows how fucked up Elon's idea of "left wing bias" is.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also surely no one has moved more than the Republicans to the right?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Elon Musk tweets he’s buying Coca-Cola next to ‘put the cocaine back in’
                                by: Dylan Abad, Nexstar Media Wire

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 / 12:58 PM PDT

Updated: Apr 28, 2022 / 12:59 PM PDT

Tesla CEO Elon Musk perhaps jokingly tweeted Wednesday that his next business venture will be to purchase the popular soft drink manufacturer Coca-Cola to “put the cocaine back in” the drink, KTLA sister station WFLA reports.

“Next I’m buying Coca-Cola to put the cocaine back in,” Musk’s tweet said. Less than 24 hours later, the post surpassed half a million retweets and 3 million likes.

While the comment was more than likely satirical in nature, it does bear some historical truth.

In the late 1800s, cocaine was used as a primary ingredient for flavor in Coca-Cola, according to the DEA Museum. The amount of cocaine added to the drink slowly reduced over time until it was removed from the list of ingredients entirely in the early 1900s.

Musk’s tongue-in-cheek comment came days after the billionaire reached an agreement to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion.

Musk said in a joint statement with Twitter that he wants to make the service “better than ever.” He added that new features such as getting rid of automated “spam” accounts and making its algorithms open to the public could be on the horizon.

The outspoken Tesla CEO has said he wanted to own and privatize Twitter because he thinks it’s not living up to its potential as a platform for free speech.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted Wednesday that his next business venture will be to purchase the popular soft drink manufacturer Coca-Cola to “put the cocaine back in” the drink.

Comment

Working...