Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,737 Times in 2,054 Posts

Blog Entries

Naomi Judd buys herself a farm

Old news but I'm just finding out about it

"Multiple sources have told People that Naomi Judd died by suicide, but neither the country singer’s family nor representatives have confirmed it.

According to People, a representative for Naomi Judd hasn’t commented. An additional statement from Larry Strickland, Naomi’s husband of 32 years, read: “Naomi Judd’s family request privacy during this heartbreaking time. No additional information will be released at this time.”

Naomi Judd was a longtime advocate for mental wellness. She had been open about her mental health in her 2016 book, River of Time: My Descent Into Depression and How I Emerged With Hope."

Story here:

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-ente...azine-reports/

R.I.P., I guess

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Not a big Judds fan by any means, but happened to see them on some CMT awards show I watched out of boredom a few weeks ago. Supposedly they were doing a reunion/farewell tour later this year. They sounded as good as they ever did, and Naomi looked to be healthy for her age. Knew she had her struggles in the past, but given the tour, thought she was in a good place. When I first heard she had died, my first thought was "70 something woman got Covid by performing live at an awards show attended by a bunch of unvaxxed MAGAtts". Then the daughters said she was a "victim of mental illness", so that doesn't leave a lot of imagination as to the cause of death. Sad....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

I wouldn't want to go to a cuntry awards show but I wouldn't kill myself to get out of it

4. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (05-08-2022)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    I never paid attention to the Judds. I know nothing about them. To me country music was Hank Williams. I was in Nashville a few years back. It’s not country. It’s an over commercialized desperation of look at me! Please. Basically the dregs of country mixed with LA transplants trying to reinvent themselves. Lot’s of good musicians trying to score in something that doesn’t know what it is anymore.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    People can hide their demons pretty well. I used to fish with a guy who had a good job, a good marriage and a couple of wonderful kids. He seemed happy. One day his wife came home and he had hung himself in the laundry room. She was a friend of my wife and her husband dealt with depression. He had suicidal signs. One day he finally did it. It was pretty awful because we were friends and our kids played with their kids. I never saw any signs of depression in the guy but at home out of the public eye he was dealing with some downer emotions. Was it medication side effects or clinical depression? Was it him beating himself up over not being who he thought he needed to be? Who knows. I doubt he even knew but there was something he wanted to escape from and he finally made the move. Sad.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-07-2022 at 03:23 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    One thing I do know. You are the only person who can make yourself happy. I’ve seen people who have all the things that you would think would make a person happy but they still aren’t. Maybe the person who does seem to have everything is even more miserable because of that. They still aren’t happy and they know they should be. I think failure to find happiness results in suicide.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    People can hide their demons pretty well. I used to fish with a guy who had a good job, a good marriage and a couple of wonderful kids. He seemed happy. One day his wife came home and he had hung himself in the laundry room. She was a friend of my wife and her husband dealt with depression. He had suicidal signs. One day he finally did it. It was pretty awful because we were friends and our kids played with their kids. I never saw any signs of depression in the guy but at home out of the public eye he was dealing with some downer emotions. Was it medication side effects or clinical depression? Was it him beating himself up over not being who he thought he needed to be? Who knows. I doubt he even knew but there was something he wanted to escape from and he finally made the move. Sad.
    I don't think you should blame yourself.
    We've all also been listening to you constantly saying that there is no point to anything, all actions are equal, we are all totally fucked and that there is an absolute equivalence between total nazi bastards and everyone else that holds public office and none of us have killed ourselves yet. Maybe you need to be there in the room...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    ???? I don’t blame myself. As far as the politics goes the people with the money buy influence on both sides. I never said we were completely fucked but thinking the solution to everything lies in this political party or that is incredibly naive.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

I could have expressed myself better there, it was late...

Thread Information