Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Pearl Jam Eruption Fail - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl Jam Eruption Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Jam Eruption Fail

Six years on I think he's actually getting worse at it.

It's absolutely fine to play Eruption like this in your bedroom, it would be a little bit sad to do it in a guitar store but why would you do it in front of 18 000 people????

For six fucking years.

This week

6 years ago

You don't realize how high Ed set the bar until someone tries to replicate his stuff...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

I suppose by showing he can't play it that is sort of a tribute to Ed's skill...

Comment

Enough with the tribute bands and cover versions already.

When I worked in a musical instrument store high school kids could play that shit much better and they had what, about 2 and half months of lessons.

Comment

My point entirely:

Comment

Even better:

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
              You don't realize how high Ed set the bar until someone tries to replicate his stuff...
              Eruption was Ed's warm up exercise. You have to warm your fingers up before you play and that's how he would do it. Ted Templeman heard him doing and said that's great, let's put it on the album. It's not the hardest Van Halen piece to play but playing is like signing your name. Everyone sounds different and to pull it off and sound like Ed you have to play like him. Some people are good at forging a Eddie Van Halen signature and other's aren't. It's getting the feel down right.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                I suppose by showing he can't play it that is sort of a tribute to Ed's skill...
                Yeah... Ed's peak substance abuse performance instances are the hardest to replicate...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...
                X