Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

DLR: Pointing At The Moon

new on YouTube

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Silexxx (07-17-2022)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Throw in a y'all and a little drawl and that would be a damn fine country tune...

The piano part has a Beatles or McCartney vibe... in the intro after the bridge I could hear it going into a ragtime beat that McCartney used on a few of his hits.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

The guitar parts with the acoustic & steel sound like something off Led Zeppelin III.

Was that the whole song or just a preview clip? Seems to cut off kind of abruptly.....

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave has a great way of frustrating the hell out of me now. It's like he finds a way to always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. In the beginning, great intro, so why does the piano have to go atonal at the last couple of notes and dampen what was a great start? The song kicks in and sounds pretty good but gets sporadic with only mentioning the title once in the first chorus, and then goes off track and just finishes the song as if his creative efforts hit a brick wall. The fact that it has the potential to be really good makes the lasting result awkward

diamonddavidleeroth.com
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-17-2022 @ 12:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

My least favourite song from this session...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Dave has a great way of frustrating the hell out of me now. It's like he finds a way to always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. In the beginning, great intro, so why does the piano have to go atonal at the last couple of notes and dampen what was a great start? The song kicks in and sounds pretty good but gets sporadic with only mentioning the title once in the first chorus, and then goes off track and just finishes the song as if his creative efforts hit a brick wall. The fact that it has the potential to be really good makes the lasting result awkward
    I would be more interested in seeing some of Dave's best watercolor work (I hear he's gotten very good) than anything he can do musically now. I heard his best stuff a long time ago.

8. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (07-17-2022)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I like it, Exile on Dave St.

10. Thanked Silexxx for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (07-17-2022)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I would be more interested in seeing some of Dave's best watercolor work (I hear he's gotten very good) than anything he can do musically now. I heard his best stuff a long time ago.
    Some of those more recent solo tracks that have ended up online over the last five years are good.

In strictly musical terms, I haven't had much of anything by way of expectation since the Diamond Dave cd, and that was put out...what...nearly twenty years ago?

And the music is really the only thing that mattered to me. Heck, I even enjoyed the goulash of styles on the BBQ video. After the Diamond Dave cd, I just shook my head and thought it was basically over. Roth did as good of a job as one could have reasonably expected on the ADKOT album, but the other post-2003 stuff...frankly, I didn't much care for his talk radio stint, or Van Strumming...and I couldn't manage to listen to the entirety of his interviews on Opie And Anthony or Joe Rogan; I could only manage maybe 5 minutes and it was more than enough for me.

Going forward, my expectations of anything new musically even being released at all - never mind quality - are zero.

It's not really a slam, either. Dave just has nothing left to prove, and I don't have a particular interest in hearing anything new from him if it comes across as sort of dabbling in music.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think Dave is a wild animal who's difficult to stage manage. I think he's had that hyper-activity thing his whole life and add a HUGE ego and high intelligence and you have one wild ride of a tornado that is almost impossible to bottle and sell. It's not even self-destructive, it's a wild acid trip that you would like to jump on but it's gone before you even think about it.

Anyways they got enough Dave recorded and on the road that we can still listen to it and you can tell your grandkids you saw him.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Eddie once said Van Halen was taking everything to the extreme and hanging on the edge of blowing it all apart but not crossing that line but riding it. He nailed it. That's what VH was. It was holding a tiger by the tail or letting the dynamite fuse burn down to a nub before you tossed it.

14. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Vinnie Velvet (07-19-2022)

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 10:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Throw in a y'all and a little drawl and that would be a damn fine country tune...

The piano part has a Beatles or McCartney vibe... in the intro after the bridge I could hear it going into a ragtime beat that McCartney used on a few of his hits.
    It's an interesting track and has some cool chord changes. The vocals are pretty good. With more production this could be quite good. Wonder what Ed would have done with it?

Thread Information