Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I never really got tired of Ed Van Halen. He always managed to keep me interested. The guy was not boring.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I know we have given this too much thought already but for some reason I was listening to Secrets at the weekend and it encapsulated everything the guy gets wrong perfectly from the poetic lyrics to the brilliant rhythm section but the thing that made me think of this thread is I had forgotten the super cool little bell bits that AVH does in it. I just read that fucking dumb bit of that idiots review again - fucking hell what a clueless moron.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Secrets was just a great...song, you know? And far from being bombastic. It was...sort of pretty, without getting too doe-eyed about it. And, yeah, all-around good performances. I always liked the little bass fill just before the second verse started.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I remember Ed playing Secrets live on a pretty funky looking Kramer double neck guitar.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            Secrets was just a great...song, you know? And far from being bombastic. It was...sort of pretty, without getting too doe-eyed about it. And, yeah, all-around good performances. I always liked the little bass fill just before the second verse started.
            Therein lies the difference between CVH and Van Hagar.

CVH can get mellow but never lose the cool factor. In fact the slower numbers (Secrets, Push Comes to Shove, Women in Love) are some of their most badass tunes.

You can't say the same about Van Hagar. When they got mellow, you were provided with shit ballads and the cheese factor increased two fold.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...