Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tapes that kill

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anyways Sixx lives near me. Supposedly he’s this outdoors guy but I doubt I will see him mountain climbing this summer.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I saw the Crue the first time at the 83 US Festival. I honestly thought who are these lame fucks? Sixx was on platform shoes, fake wigs and makeup. It was like a low budget KISS rip off. Anyways a few catchy songs and good at selling themselves as the bad boys of rock and roll. Now it’s drama, tracks and flab.
    I had a similar reaction when they first broke big in 1984 (I have no recollection of seeing the Crue's US Fest performance back in the day, because back at that time I only saw the Showtime cable tv movie channel broadcast of the US Fest which was edited to a few songs per each band), that of them being a sort of KISS rip-off. Rock rags back then would say they were ripping off KISS and Alice Cooper, although in early 1984 nobody gave much of a shit about Alice Cooper.

I liked 'em in 1984, though. I remember liking the Shout album, and then Elektra re-released the Too Fast For Love album after Shout was put out and I liked that one, too. Once Theater Of Pain came out, the band got a bit too glammy and safe and for me the music wasn't quite as good...overall I just didn't like what the band did post-Shout.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    True I remember the day I saw CC play something I couldn't on YouTube it was disconcerting then I remembered he had at that point been a professional musician for over 20 years,

Another one to add to the list and it's funny the things you remember, is Tracii Guns. I distinctly remember sitting around with friends in the 1980s watching the official LA Guns live VHS commercially released live video and being amazed to see him play the riff to ATAL wrongly to a crowd of thousands. Not that he made a mistake - he just didn't know how to play it.

This as part of a nearly 7 MINUTE guitar solo spot!!??

The power of the internet and it wasn't a false memory you can relive it now. It's at around 39 minutes.

What was he thinking???????
    I recall someone posted a youtube clip (it might have been on this site, now that I think about it) from a Posion show in the early to mid 2000's when the original lineup had gotten back together and were starting to tour again...it was a CC solo spot, and it sounded so bad I was honestly surprised that even though the guy was never any great shakes in the 80s he had apparently gotten worse after 20 years of touring, performing and recording. Like Nickd said, one would think even someone who was a marginal player twenty years ago would have gotten better over the last couple decades by default just from playing regularly.

Mars sounded okay at the 2015 show I saw, but there were so many backing guitar tracks going on at that gig (thus when Mars bitches about what the Crue are doing live backing-track wise now that he's not in the band it's a bit hypocritical) it was kinda hard to tell...it looked and sounded like he was playing the solos live.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I had a similar reaction when they first broke big in 1984 (I have no recollection of seeing the Crue's US Fest performance back in the day, because back at that time I only saw the Showtime cable tv movie channel broadcast of the US Fest which was edited to a few songs per each band), that of them being a sort of KISS rip-off. Rock rags back then would say they were ripping off KISS and Alice Cooper, although in early 1984 nobody gave much of a shit about Alice Cooper.

I liked 'em in 1984, though. I remember liking the Shout album, and then Elektra re-released the Too Fast For Love album after Shout was put out and I liked that one, too. Once Theater Of Pain came out, the band got a bit too glammy and safe and for me the music wasn't quite as good...overall I just didn't like what the band did post-Shout.
    I think the 83 US Festival was their first big show and boy was it big. That broke them out of being a LA club band.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit there was so much going on in the 80’s there was more to grab your interest than Motely Crue but they were good at selling the bad boy image. Alice Cooper just about drank himself to death and he was in pretty rough shape in the early 80’s. I have a lot of friends in Scottsdale. Alice and his wife are highly liked there. I watched Alice play a golf tournament back in the 90’s.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The band that owned Sunday at the 83 US Festival was The Scorpions. That was the best band. People were actually leaving during Van Halen.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But shit was that ever a long day. I actually had more fun in Newport Beach the following week than I did at the US Festival.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sixx was on platform shoes, fake wigs and makeup. It was like a low budget KISS rip off.
    Yeah, at least Ki$$ wore real wigs.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit there was so much going on in the 80’s there was more to grab your interest than Motely Crue but they were good at selling the bad boy image. Alice Cooper just about drank himself to death and he was in pretty rough shape in the early 80’s. I have a lot of friends in Scottsdale. Alice and his wife are highly liked there. I watched Alice play a golf tournament back in the 90’s.
    Alice broke out of alcoholism simply by going to the same bars and drinking Coke or Pepsi or whatever to keep up his social side while doing away with the booze (when at home not on tour). And I have also heard he's a good dude. But seeing old footage of Alice doing morning interviews with a can of Bud in his hand are still priceless...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The band that owned Sunday at the 83 US Festival was The Scorpions. That was the best band. People were actually leaving during Van Halen.
    To be fair Van Halen was the late act...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cooper's career had pretty much peaked in the mid-1970's and, as you say, he wasn't doing much by the time the US Fest took place. When [Cooper] was name-checked in press articles in 1983/1984 as an influence on Motley Crue I was kinda like "oh, yeah, I remember that guy...what's he doing these days?" But as you said, Crue were just one of many rock bands selling a decent amount of records and getting airplay on MTV in the mid-80's. It probably wasn't until the Dr. Feelgood album, which was...what...1989/1990?...that I got a sense that Crue were still popular and getting more so than they were in the mid-1980's. By 1990, most of Crue's American rock (or 'hair metal') contemporaries were selling less than they had been 5 years earlier.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Alice broke out of alcoholism simply by going to the same bars and drinking Coke or Pepsi or whatever to keep up his social side while doing away with the booze (when at home not on tour). And I have also heard he's a good dude. But seeing old footage of Alice doing morning interviews with a can of Bud in his hand are still priceless...
    Actually he moved to Arizona to get out of LA to dry out. He became very good friends with Glenn Campbell who by coincidence moved to the Phoenix area to get sober, so those two became really good friends and Alice married well. His wife gave him the ultimatum, the booze or me. When he hit bottom he was right there where Eddie Van Halen hit bottom if not worse. What drives many addicts to sober up is there is something in their life they don't want to lose, when it becomes clear they are going to lose it they get serious. The chums at the bar really aren't that important. Family usually is.

Anyways Alice and his wife are great people and he still puts on a good show and is worth seeing.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Cooper's career had pretty much peaked in the mid-1970's and, as you say, he wasn't doing much by the time the US Fest took place. When [Cooper] was name-checked in press articles in 1983/1984 as an influence on Motley Crue I was kinda like "oh, yeah, I remember that guy...what's he doing these days?" But as you said, Crue were just one of many rock bands selling a decent amount of records and getting airplay on MTV in the mid-80's. It probably wasn't until the Dr. Feelgood album, which was...what...1989/1990?...that I got a sense that Crue were still popular and getting more so than they were in the mid-1980's. By 1990, most of Crue's American rock (or 'hair metal') contemporaries were selling less than they had been 5 years earlier.
    He looked horrible. He looked like you dug up a corpse. But hell for his kind of a show maybe that's a good thing. Alice was in rough shape in the early 80's but rebounded when his song Poison was a hit and the Wayne's World movie got him back in the spotlight. I enjoy his radio show. Much better than Sammy Hagar's show.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Motley Crue got a lot of airplay and their antics got a lot of press. They had a good ballad too and the radio stations loved that shit. The Crue was getting noticed and that sold albums and put asses in seats and that's the game. The big money was being able to get on the radio and MTV a lot and they accomplished that. You can be stellar but with no promotion you will be nothing more than the favorite band to a handful of fans. You need good catchy songs and good videos. At least int the 80's you needed that. There's not radio like there was and not MTV. Nobody is listening or watching anymore.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To be fair Van Halen was the late act...
    True. They are also a major reason people went though. When you are out in a big field all day long getting sunburned and the final big band finally hits the stage after some lame ass Apple Computer UFO shit and the opening song sucks, you get really pissed.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wozniak knew he needed a couple huge acts to make his three day festival work. It's why he offered the big drawing acts big money. Nobody was going to drive to San Bernardino to go see the smaller bands. Anyways looking back at it, festivals were silly. But when you are young and dumb it seems cool. At least you can say you were there.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    True. They are also a major reason people went though. When you are out in a big field all day long getting sunburned and the final big band finally hits the stage after some lame ass Apple Computer UFO shit and the opening song sucks, you get really pissed.
    The opening song didn't suck.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    The opening song didn't suck.
    Well maybe you see things different than Van Halen's manager who went and hid after seeing the opening and the people who were leaving early. To be honest, we should have started walking to the car. The people who left early were the smart ones. It did get better about halfway into it. Anyways it was filmed and not too much good footage of Dave era VH and that's why it is popular. The Scorpions blew VH out of the water. They were the best band that day.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-21-2023 at 02:07 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well maybe you see things different than Van Halen's manager who went and hid after seeing the opening and the people who were leaving early. To be honest, we should have started walking to the car. The people who left early were the smart ones. It did get better about halfway into it. Anyways it was filmed and not too much good footage of Dave era VH and that's why it is popular. The Scorpions blew VH out of the water. They were the best band that day.
    Lay off the dope, dope.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I have zero interest in going to a stadium show ever again. In fact, I'm very close to being done with arenas too.
    I am looking forward to Tool in the Fall!
    Roth Army Canada

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Monk didn't hide, he left a bit upset because he had seen nearly every VH show since '78 and thought just when they're in front of their largest audience they put out a drunken substandard performance instead of one-for-the-ages. I don't recall anything about a mass exodus, and he said later he was surprised how well received they were after. They got three or so live singles out of it and as much as I like the Scorpions no one really cares about them much now...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    I am looking forward to Tool in the Fall!
    Saw them last year at LCA in Detroit. Wasn't a great show. Not sure I'd go see them again. Maybe in a smaller place.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Scorpions are best remembered these days for a cheesy ballad that - at the time - seemed very optimistic about the future of the world. Sadly, they got it wrong. As did 90s one hit wonders Jesus Jones ("Right Here, Right Now")

Wasn't either band's fault, obviously. But neither song aged particularly well.

Scorpions peak was the Lovedrive/Animal Magnetism/Blackout era. Those three records still hold up today. After that they went a little cheezy... not Hagar level or anything, but "Rock You Like A Hurricane" was close to that, lyrically.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've never even seen the Scorpions footage from Heavy Metal Day, Priest definitely killed it though...

An audio only boot exists, but sounds kinda of shitty...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-22-2023 at 02:56 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Monk didn't hide, he left a bit upset because he had seen nearly every VH show since '78 and thought just when they're in front of their largest audience they put out a drunken substandard performance instead of one-for-the-ages. I don't recall anything about a mass exodus, and he said later he was surprised how well received they were after. They got three or so live singles out of it and as much as I like the Scorpions no one really cares about them much now...
    I’m not talking about now. I’m talking Memorial Day weekend in 1983. Noel Monk said he was so embarrassed he went to the trailer and got smashed. His own words. Quite a few people were leaving during the VH show but they were the last act to play and people wanted to get out early to beat the big traffic jam.

Actually the band complained that putting on that one show was as much work as prepping for a tour. I guess the overhead was pretty high for one show.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mick Mars Never Wants to Speak to Mötley Crüe Again — and 14 Other Things We Learned

IN EARLY MAY, we travelled to Nashville to spend a couple of days with Mick Mars and hear about
    his bitter departure from Mötley Crüe. Mars stepped away from the touring unit in late 2022 after
    41 years in the group he co-founded.

Our feature article dives deep into this morass, and contains perspectives from attorneys on
    both sides, Mötley Crüe’s manager Allen Kovac, former Crüe’ singer John Corabi, and members
    of Mars’ pre-fame band White Horse. But there was a ton we simply didn’t have room to run.
    Here are 15 things we learned from our time with Mick Mars.

Full piece at:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ed-1234778252/
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The interview was pretty good too

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...rs-1234768041/
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Mick Mars Never Wants to Speak to Mötley Crüe Again — and 14 Other Things We Learned

Yes that Rolling Stone article is worth pasting right here the 15 things we learned from Mr. Walking Death himself, Mick Mars! I have no skin in the game but it's a good read for rock & roll lore.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ed-1234778252/

1. Power ballads like “Home Sweet Home” and “Without You” helped Mötley Crüe’ widen their fanbase beyond traditional metal fans, but Mars wasn’t a huge fan.
    “I got tired of the power ballads pretty quickly,” he says. “I know a lot of people really loved them, but I wanted to hear more soul coming in. Maybe I just think of music in a different way. And after a few power ballads, all these other bands acted following suit. I remember thinking, ‘Okay, okay, okay. Enough.'”

2. He only tried heroin once.
    “It wasn’t on purpose,” Mars says. “We were debuting Theatre of Pain on one of those old radio stations. I was so hungover and I went, ‘I don’t know if I can do this. You got a bump?’ That’s because we did coke. Nikki goes, ‘Yeah’ and he gives me a guitar pick with this white horse heroin on it. I went, ‘What did you give me?’ He goes, ‘Smack.’ I hated it. I never did it again.”

3. When Vince Neil killed Hanoi Rocks drummer Nicholas “Razzle” Dingley in a 1984 drunk driving accident, Mars thought the band would be unable to carry on.
    “I thought it was over right then,” he says. “And it wasn’t just that one person died. Two other people were really hurt. It was pretty devastating. Right after the accident, some people thought it was me in the car since Razzle and I both had long, dark hair. But the way that whole thing was treated [with Neil serving just 15 days in prison] would have been very different today. I thought he was going away for a long time. It hit Vince really hard though. I think he retains that to this day.”

4. Part of him wishes they changed their name when John Corabi took over for Neil as lead singer in the Nineties.
    “If we’d changed our name, that album could have been pretty big,” Mars says. “People would probably have called it New Crue though. We probably couldn’t have done it. But when the album came out, I thought it was going to do great. And it didn’t because people were upset with us. They were like, ‘This isn’t Mötley!’ That was really hard. I guess it was the time for us to pay our dues.”

5. He prefers Mötley Crüe’s 2000 LP New Tattoo to their 1997 album Generation Swine, but he’s still critical of it.
    “New Tattoo was written too fast,” he says. “I don’t feel like there was a lot of thought-out music on there. Some parts were cool, but it was all done so hastily. The manager and booking agents and whoever were like, ‘You only get this much time in the studio. We want another album to tour.’ And it wasn’t as good as the records we did before since it was just sort of pasted together.”

6. He’s never read the band’s 2001 group memoir The Dirt.
    “Maybe that sound weird or something,” he says, “but there’s parts I didn’t want to re-live or hear.”

7. He did watch the 2019 Netflix adaptation of The Dirt.
    “The only time I watched it was the premiere,” he says. “I thought it was okay. You know how movies are. They can’t fit the whole book into an hour and a half. Some of the parts were a little overblown and overdone. But it was a fun movie.”

8. Ozzy Osbourne approached him soon after The Dirt movie came out.
    “I can’t remember where we were,” he says. “I think we were playing somewhere near Bakersfield. Ozzy came running into my dressing room. He goes, ‘Mick! Mick! Did I really snort ants?’ I said, ‘Yes you did.'”

9. The band started using backing tracks at their concerts around Dr. Feelgood since the three musicians onstage couldn’t recreate every part of the album live.
    “I remember saying, ‘People know what’s supposed to be there,'” Mars says. “‘Will they miss it? Some probably will, but a majority will not. They’ll hear it subliminally the way it was recorded as long as the meat and potatoes are there.’ I didn’t want to fool the audience, but the others wanted to fill in where the holes were. I never liked that garbage.”

10. Despite a nationwide tour in 2022, he says the last time the band really talked was the premiere of The Dirt in 2019.
    “Nobody spoke to me in 2022,” Mars says. “A lot of the time felt like I was just playing by myself. You know how you can be in a crowd of people and still feel alone? That’s how I felt that whole tour. I felt used, sad, and inferior. When we played the last show [in Las Vegas on September 9, 2022] I felt relieved. A lot of the pressure was gone. But I was very emotionally wounded. They weren’t just shallow wounds. They were deep ones; the kind you can’t get over.”

11. He stands by his assertion that Nikki Sixx didn’t play live bass on the 2022 tour.
    “I’ve been with him a long time, and I got fan-based film of him thrusting his arms in the air and stuff when there’s a bass line playing,” says Mars. “I’m absolutely positive [he wasn’t playing live bass]. I think he did that because he felt too much competition from the other bands on the tour, like Def Leppard. I think they made him feel inadequate about his bass playing.” (Sixx emphatically denies that he faked any part of his bass playing on the tour and the band produced sworn declarations by seven members of the crew backing up Sixx.)

12. According to Mars, the band initially told him he wouldn’t get a dime from their 2023 tour with replacement guitarist John 5.
    “Then they bumped it up to five percent and then seven and a half percent,” says Mars.” I was like, ‘No. You’re not going to take that from me. I worked to hard for this stuff.” (Mars attorney Ed McPherson says the proposal also included a percent of any merch featuring images of Mars, and the final offer of 7.5% only applied to the 2023 tour. “It was going to be zero after 2023,” McPherson says. “Nikki was quite adamant about that.”)

13. Mars texted with guitarist John 5 after the news hit he’d be taking over for him in the band.
    “He wrote to me a bunch of times and he was worried,” he says. “I wrote back, ‘Don’t worry, you’ll kill it.’ That’s about it…John’s a really good guitar player. He’s schooled. The songs aren’t very complicated though.”

14. To him, the legal fight is about more than money.
    “Just let me retire and have my legacy,” he says. “I don’t want to be a drama guy. I want to be a fuckin’ happy guy. But what do I get handed? Plates of shit. I don’t want it. I’m beat up on that shit. Let me have my legacy so that I can enjoy what I’ve done. I own one quarter, or even half, I don’t know for sure, of Mötley Crüe Inc, which trickles down to all the other Mötley Crüe entities. I’m not asking for a right arm or left arm. But dammit man, I’ve never seen anybody have to go through this shit when they want to retire. I’m not an employee of Motley Crue though. I’m an owner.”

15. He hopes to never talk to his bandmates again.
    “I think all of us would be okay with that,” Mars says. “And I don’t just mean me with them. I mean them with each other. I don’t plan on having a funeral. If I did, I think maybe they’d show up for that just out of courtesy. But for me, there’s no funeral. There’s no nothing.”

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I watched some of this and it's strange how many of the comments think it must be more live because it's a smaller venue.

I would definitely rather see them mime in a small club than a stadium or a big field in the rain like they did here tonight but it's still shit.

Also why the fuck are they still doing a cover version of child rapist Gary Glitter???

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Producer BOB ROCK Reveals Someone Else Replaced NIKKI SIXX’s Bass Playing On First..

If this is a shocking revelation, I pity thy fool who is shocked!

https://metaladdicts.com/bob-rock-re...-crue-records/

During his work with MÖTLEY CRÜE on new material, producer Bob Rock shared that Nikki Sixx had doubts about his involvement in the first four albums of the band. Rock disclosed this information during an interview on Chris Jericho‘s “This Is Jericho” podcast.

Additionally, Rock mentioned that he made Sixx play every note on the 1989 album Dr. Feelgood, and when they worked on the demos for The Dirt, Sixx had become an exceptional bass player after taking bass lessons for five years.

Rock recalled: “He goes, ‘I don’t think I ever played on any of the MÖTLEY CRÜE records. I think somebody came in at night and replaced all my parts.’ He says, ‘So I don’t really know how to play bass.’ And I said, ‘Too bad. You’re playing bass on it.’ So I worked with him through Dr. Feelgood, did a lot of edits and made him play every note.

“But when we did The Dirt, I went to see him and we started working on the demos. He picked up the bass and started playing, and I said, ‘Woah, woah, woah. What’s going on here?’ He had been taking bass lessons for five years. All of a sudden he’s an amazing bass player. And I think that’s so cool, in that point of his career, he wanted to be better. You know what I mean? I admire that.” (OK, this sounds like Bullshit)

Last month, Mars gained attention as he filed a lawsuit against the band, alleging widespread use of backing tracks during live performances and accusing bassist Nikki Sixx of manipulating him into thinking he had lost cognitive abilities and guitar skills.

In the lawsuit, Mick alleges that MÖTLEY CRÜE reduced his share of earnings from 25 percent to a mere 5 percent after revealing his decision to withdraw from touring. Additionally, he states that the group’s attorneys made him feel as if he should appreciate this minimal portion, as they believed they had no obligation to provide him with anything. Mick also asserts that a complete band gathering took place where they chose to “unilaterally” exclude him from MÖTLEY CRÜE.

Mick consistently alleged that bassist Nikki Sixx was “gaslighting” him by suggesting his guitar abilities were declining, even though Sixx didn’t “play a single note on bass” throughout a recent tour, as stated by the guitarist. Mick asserts that all of Nikki‘s segments were pre-recorded.

Last edited by Mushroom; 08-04-2023 at 12:50 AM.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bob Rock clarified his comments above by saying that Nikki Sixx during the rehearsal/pre-production sessions for Dr. Feelgood had said to Rock that [Sixx] was fucked up on drugs to the point where he didn't remember playing bass on the earlier Crue albums. Obviously, different from Sixx flat-out saying someone else played bass on the earlier Crue albums.

It wouldn't have been shocking to find out that someone else had played on the earlier recordings in and of itself had that been the case, but rather that it took a few decades for that info to have leaked.

I mean, Sixx is a meathead and marginally talented to be sure but doubtless I'm also sure he had the ability to play the bass parts on the Motley Crue albums. It's not like said bass parts were Jaco Pastorius-level playing...or even difficult within the realm of rock bass.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Last month, Mars gained attention as he filed a lawsuit against the band, alleging widespread use of backing tracks during live performances and accusing bassist Nikki Sixx of manipulating him into thinking he had lost cognitive abilities and guitar skills.

See? The problem with you and your hippie boomer music is that there was never any cognitive ability and guitar skills to begin with.

Unlike say, this tremendous talent

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    See? The problem with you and your hippie boomer music is that there was never any cognitive ability and guitar skills to begin with.

Unlike say, this tremendous talent

Hey I admit Taylor Swift has more talent than the aggregate of MÖTLEY CRÜE. But she plays it safe. There's something to be said about a Hair Metal band in the middle of a trainwreck while performing rock and roll. Wait, never mind, does that apply here if MÖTLEY is using pre-recorded... that's pretty safe too.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Hey I admit Taylor Swift has more talent than the aggregate of MÖTLEY CRÜE. But she plays it safe. There's something to be said about a Hair Metal band in the middle of a trainwreck while performing rock and roll. Wait, never mind, does that apply here if MÖTLEY is using pre-recorded... that's pretty safe too.

My brilliant dissertation on Tay was deleted by slave FORD although he denies this, he's lying. Typical Koch Industries-funded tool.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If there is anyone still out there in denial about Sixx miming this one is as clear cut as you will ever get...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvjCIEBAT0x/

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    My brilliant dissertation on Tay was deleted by slave FORD although he denies this, he's lying. Typical Koch Industries-funded tool.
    I hope I found your link! Fucking FORD trying to obfuscate the truth.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mick Mars, Loyal To The Lie. Album out in February

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Mick Mars, Loyal To The Lie. Album out in February

The great Ray Luzier on drums for this album.

Thread Information