Thread: Jon Stewart Rips Republicans Apart Over Anti-Veteran Vote In Amazing Speech

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Jon Stewart Rips Republicans Apart Over Anti-Veteran Vote In Amazing Speech

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Wow!

Jon Stewart 'rips' Repblicans apart?!

Cool! Did he totally 'destroy' them?

Bunch of useless click-bait headline hyperbole. Jon Stewart isn't gonna destroy or rip anybody. Whatever he has to say just reinforces what people already inclined to agree with him think, just as Tucker Carlson's nightly broadcasts doubtless perform the same function for those on his end of the political scale. I enjoyed Stewart on The Daily Show well enough, but Mark Twain he ain't. Just another voice in the cacophony. More like a cacaphony, in that the lot of it is just shit talk.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Shit. The US Government has been fucking veterans over since World War I. It’s nothing new.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-29-2022 at 07:26 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Wow!

Jon Stewart 'rips' Repblicans apart?!

Cool! Did he totally 'destroy' them?

Bunch of useless click-bait headline hyperbole. Jon Stewart isn't gonna destroy or rip anybody. Whatever he has to say just reinforces what people already inclined to agree with him think, just as Tucker Carlson's nightly broadcasts doubtless perform the same function for those on his end of the political scale. I enjoyed Stewart on The Daily Show well enough, but Mark Twain he ain't. Just another voice in the cacophony. More like a cacaphony, in that the lot of it is just shit talk.
    I’m tired of all the political pundit profiteering. They all say what their target audience wants to hear and they sensationalize things because they need to keep things interesting to keep making money. It’s really an incredible waste of time watching or listening to these people.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

You can't say that what Tucker Carlson and John Stewart are doing is the same thing, that's asinine.

7. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

FORD (07-29-2022),Nickdfresh (07-29-2022)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Yep.

9. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

FORD (07-29-2022)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    You can't say that what Tucker Carlson and John Stewart are doing is the same thing, that's asinine.
    If you read what I wrote, the asinine claim would be the conclusion that I said what they were doing was the same thing.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

12. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (07-30-2022)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

If you read what I wrote, the asinine claim would be the conclusion that I said what they were doing was the same thing.
    I wasn't talking about your admittedly gloomy post.

Nitro and many other people do this false equivalency thing all the time. Calling everyone cunts so they can justify choosing the cunt that leaves them with more money.

Jon Stewart is clearly not doing this for the money or the attention FFS.

If I was feeling harsh I would say that there are so many veterans that vote against their own interests by voting for Mitch and his pals then tough shit but that is unfair on the ones that can think for themselves.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-29-2022 at 10:10 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Everyone votes their pocketbook and if you don’t believe that you are fucking naive.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It’s just that some people are confused on who’s going to benefit them and who is not. Most people don’t bother to vote and most who do vote a party line because they are lazy. So that’s why a few people end up owning everything and that’s the truth of it. The rich know psychology and are masters at playing the public. That’s why investment banks like Allen & Company invite all the big media and entertainment people to their summer conference. They want to control the narrative.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I wasn't talking about your admittedly gloomy post.

Nitro and many other people do this false equivalency thing all the time. Calling everyone cunts so they can justify choosing the cunt that leaves them with more money.

Jon Stewart is clearly not doing this for the money or the attention FFS.

If I was feeling harsh I would say that there are so many veterans that vote against their own interests by voting for Mitch and his pals then tough shit but that is unfair on the ones that can think for themselves.
    Of course Stewart is doing what he is for the attention, in that he believes what he has to say is worth being heard by as many people as possible. I'd like to think Stewart is motivated by a sense of decency in terms of his value set re: civility and fairness between people. I get the overarching feeling with Carlson that he sincerely believes in the hierarchical system as it has existed, which has been a male caucasian oilgarchy. Anything that encroaches on that setup causes Carlson distress.

Whatever the purity or sincerity of Stewart's and Carlson's individual motivations, the way many people cherry-pick their editorial commentaries - that self-reinforcing echo chamber of affirmation - has the net effect being that both Stewart and Carlson end up preaching to their choirs, as it were. I suppose the difference might be that Carlson seems more comfortable staying within the confines of his demographic than Stewart, who at least has made the effort to speak with others who disagree with him on their turf. Another difference could be that Stewart comes across as wanting to speak to as broad an audience as possible, whereas Carlson simply doesn't care to.

Just wanted to clarify that, even though it doesn't matter one way or the other.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Everyone votes their pocketbook and if you don’t believe that you are fucking naive.
    Not really. Maybe one's 'perceived' pocketbook but everyone votes with their inner-Retard stupid pocketbook and most often against their actual personal and political interests. If you really vote with your pocketbook, then vote Democrat, as Wall Street statistically does better under Democratic administrations and it isn't close!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It’s just that some people are confused on who’s going to benefit them and who is not. ...
    Yeah, people like you!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Of course Stewart is doing what he is for the attention, in that he believes what he has to say is worth being heard by as many people as possible. I'd like to think Stewart is motivated by a sense of decency in terms of his value set re: civility and fairness between people. I get the overarching feeling with Carlson that he sincerely believes in the hierarchical system as it has existed, which has been a male caucasian oilgarchy. Anything that encroaches on that setup causes Carlson distress.

Whatever the purity or sincerity of Stewart's and Carlson's individual motivations, the way many people cherry-pick their editorial commentaries - that self-reinforcing echo chamber of affirmation - has the net effect being that both Stewart and Carlson end up preaching to their choirs, as it were. I suppose the difference might be that Carlson seems more comfortable staying within the confines of his demographic than Stewart, who at least has made the effort to speak with others who disagree with him on their turf. Another difference could be that Stewart comes across as wanting to speak to as broad an audience as possible, whereas Carlson simply doesn't care to.

Just wanted to clarify that, even though it doesn't matter one way or the other.
    Sorry dude but you are way off base here. There is NOOOOO comparison between Jon Stewart and Fucker Tarlson. Stewart is genuine and has no real skin in the game whereas as Carlson is a professional xenophobic cunt dedicated to misinformation and says many things that I doubt he even believes to pander to a right wing audience comprised of white blue-hairs that need white majoristiic comfort food they grew up with in the 1950's and plain fucking crazy QANON conspiracists. It is completely a false equivalency as Stewart is altruistic and Carlison is raking in the Bill O'Really legacy of cunt bucks...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Sorry dude but you are way off base here. There is NOOOOO comparison between Jon Stewart and Fucker Tarlson. Stewart is genuine and has no real skin in the game whereas as Carlson is a professional xenophobic cunt dedicated to misinformation and says many things that I doubt he even believes to pander to a right wing audience comprised of white blue-hairs that need white majoristiic comfort food they grew up with in the 1950's and plain fucking crazy QANON conspiracists. It is completely a false equivalency as Stewart is altruistic and Carlison is raking in the Bill O'Really legacy of cunt bucks...
    Okay, let's unpack this.

Of course there IIIIIS a comparison to be made between John Stewart and Tucker Carlson, since both have used various media outlets to distribute their ideological points of view.

The point you make about the contrasts between Stewart's and Carlson's motivations for doing what they do is essentially the same one I made in the post you quoted. I had never made a false equivalency between the two re: the content of their ideas and their motivations in the first place. The factually obvious point (again) being that both of them have used various media outlets to distribute their points of view, because both of them (obviously) want to be heard. Regardless of Stewart having skin in the game or not, surely it is not unreasonable for someone to conclude Stewart says what he says publicly because he wants to be heard by as many people as possible, correct? I was initially speaking more to what I feel the net effect of their pronouncements has (echo chamber, etc.) than anything regarding the content of their remarks. I think that should have been fairly evident, but I'll clarify on the chance that I didn't get my initial points across effectively (most likely due to poor wording on my part).

I'm not inclined to agree with much of anything Carlson has to say in terms of his worldview, nor have I ever been a fan of the Fox News model. Rest assured, if I did, I wouldn't be shy or coy about saying so.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    They all are trained monkeys. Everyone on television follows a script and if you don’t follow it you are gone. Fox is just controlled opposition. If more companies owned the media it would be different but ownership is consolidated and we get a pro-wrestling styled show. It all means nothing.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    They all are trained monkeys. Everyone on television follows a script and if you don’t follow it you are gone. Fox is just controlled opposition. If more companies owned the media it would be different but ownership is consolidated and we get a pro-wrestling styled show. It all means nothing.
    Yes, indeed.

Thread Information