X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    I don't everything but the fundamentals are still there and fucking good riddance anyways to the old "music industry". They raped artists repeatedly and really the same denominator is that the real money is in the touring and not in making albums. The money only sparingly went to big acts anyway. But I could give a fuck about Don Henley's retirement fund at this point. Look at that Uncle Milty's nephew cunt that totally fucked Van Halen on their first contract. Really not sad if fucking dicks like that dont have a job anymore...
    It all revolved around radio. You only had a few choices so local radio stations were heavy influencers. Many bands got their break from a local DJ. Radio as we knew it is gone.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Loser!
      As usual, you're invited, Von. But be warned, you'll be doing drugs with some rich asshole liberals (well, two of them) but the upshot is they love guns. They bring along their guns and bitch a lot about the government - like you do. You'd fit right in.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        It's back! Last week of June I'm going back to Bailey to do nothing but drugs for 5 weeks straight.

Did I mention that I love drugs? And summer? And doing drugs in summer?
        Don’t get mauled by a bear.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Let's see:

I have my drugs
          My playlist
          Plenty of food and water
          My uber rich liberal friends

And then comes a summons in the mail for jury duty. Motherfucker.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Well, I managed to get out of jury duty (told them I was mentally unstable and guess what, they believed me).

Begins of what else? First day of summer.

See you suckers on the other side

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I finally got a jury duty notice last year, for the county court. Then I got a notice for the city court the same week. I used the county notice as an excuse to get out of the city jury duty. Then the ridiculous post-Covid procedure for the county jury was to dial a telephone number every night for a week or so, to see if my "number" was picked. My number was 30 something, and by the time they got to 20 they had their jurors. So it was like the equivalent of getting the high lottery number in the Vietnam war draft, or something.

I wasn't really looking forward to being on a jury, but slightly pissed of that they wait this long to ask me, and then make me wait around all week for nothing.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Well, I managed to get out of jury duty (told them I was mentally unstable and guess what, they believed me).
                Uh, you are mentally unstable.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    Uh, you are mentally unstable.
                    You're too kind, Von.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      I finally got a jury duty notice last year, for the county court. Then I got a notice for the city court the same week. I used the county notice as an excuse to get out of the city jury duty. Then the ridiculous post-Covid procedure for the county jury was to dial a telephone number every night for a week or so, to see if my "number" was picked. My number was 30 something, and by the time they got to 20 they had their jurors. So it was like the equivalent of getting the high lottery number in the Vietnam war draft, or something.

I wasn't really looking forward to being on a jury, but slightly pissed of that they wait this long to ask me, and then make me wait around all week for nothing.
                      Meh. I don't mind jury duty. Have been summoned several times. Never got to the point in the voir dire where I was even questioned because a panel had already been selected before it was my turn to be asked anything. I get if people need to be excused because of a legitimate reason. I just figure it's my civic duty.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I've been summoned more times than I can remember but never had to actually show up. Hell if you live in a mobbed up state it might be profitable to be on the jury. Someone might show up with a big bag of money for you.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

You're too kind, Von.
                          Best to score your weed from an old hippie growing some in the middle of a corn field. All that processed shit from the dispensaries will fuck you up.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Ha! I was talking to someone who has been a major pot head since 7th Grade. He's a brilliant computer programmer now but in high school he was a stoner. He told me the best weed he ever had was he took the seeds from some Mexican bunk reefer we used to get in the late 70's. You got a bag and it had dirt and twigs and shit in it. You had to clean you weed and you had to get the seeds out of it. Anyways he planted the seeds in a remote corner of his parent's property and they they grew into beautiful pot plants and he said that was the best pot he ever smoked. He said the pot world is full of a lot of hocus pocus and bullshit. Especially now. He laughed and said Fuck the Cannibus Cup!

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Somebody stuck a baggie of seeds into my locker in jr. high. Never did figure out who it was. Unfortunately before I could figure out where to plant them, my mom found the seeds. And of course she took them right to the fucking police department for "identification". The cops confirmed her suspicions, but said that it wasn't illegal to have seeds so.. nothing they could do.

Years later she admitted that she planted a couple of them just for the Hell of it, but they never did anything. Probably got eaten by a bird or a squirrel, since we always had a lot of critters running around.

So much for my one brief attempt to grow my own. Not that I would have had a clue how to do it at that age.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Back in the 70's my brother and I planted some seeds in our front yard flower beds... told our mom they were ferns. That went well until one day she was having some ladies lunch at the house and the wife of a sheriffs deputy pointed them out to her... our mom swore to her "oh no, those are ferns." The woman laughed and asked who told her that? Mom ratted us out... She called her husband who stopped by and confirmed it was weed... We got our surf boards taken away and grounded for a month...
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...