X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Rock and Roll is old blues slang for fuckin. It really was about Elvis’ pelvis and did it make the girls wet and make people wanna fuck? Hell yeah! Is it the Devil’s music? Absolutely! Got to sell your soul down at the crossroads to make real good fuckin music.
    And I would add, even though this doubtless sounds like what it is - an old codger bleating on about how great things used to be - it's like...

The 'newer' rock bands I've seen in the last 25 years or so (and to be sure there were others before then), both professional and amateur...if I see them on youtube or live or just publicity stills...

I can't even count the number of them that have the gear and the 'look'...they are all wearing the standard black onstage rock clothes, plenty of tattoos, they have all the rock star poses and facial expressions down pat...

And when I hear the music, I personally hear little to nothing in terms of inspiration or perspiration, or really any particular talent. All the trimmings and no turkey/all the sizzle and no steak.

Look at Van Halen. They had all the cool stage clothes and all the moves, but they also had the music. The music is (or should be) the foundation, and all the other stuff is (or should be) secondary vs. a package attractively gift wrapped and inside is nothing but styrofoam peanuts.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...