Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 139

Thread: Sam Just Won’t Stop

  1. #41
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Sam is more full of shit than a porta-potty at a chilli cook off.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #42
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Yeah Sam was so loved Alex won’t talk to him.

  3. #43
    Roadie
    Silexxx's Avatar
    Member No
    25630
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Location
    Finland
    Age
    33
    Posts
    103
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 102 Times in 40 Posts


    Rep Power
    14
    "And then all of a sudden, I didn’t hear from him and he didn’t answer my texts. I left him a voicemail. “Ed. I ain’t hearing from you. Don’t make me nervous.” And so he gets back and says, “Dude, I just got out of the hospital. I got a fucking tumor on the side of my neck that just popped up that they had to remove.” I said, “I want to come and see you, Ed.” He’s going, “I’ll let you know when.” I said, “I’m going to come over. I’m going to cook for you and fuckin’ make a big old pot of spaghetti, man.”

    When he lived next door, I used to cook for him all the time. So I said, “I’m going to come over and cook for you and really catch up and hey, maybe we can even write a song. Blah, blah, blah.” And he said, “Yeah, I’ll let you know.” And then I started getting less and less communication. I think the last one he wrote said, “Sorry. I’m not responding. I’m in the hospital.”


    That's it. Sammy really wanted to worm his way back in. He heard Eddie was dying and wanted to write one last song with him. So that he could've said HE wrote the final Van Halen song. "I was cooking spaghetti, his favourite food, then Eddie wrote this final thing, lyrics came up to me right away, it so was beautiful" or some crap like that. He couldn't take it that Dave's reunion was a success and well liked. Now he has to make up this Eddie in my dreams-bullshit.

    And apparently thanks to Dave there's no Van Hagar box set. Dave probably has a deal like Ozzy has with Sabbath that no unreleased stuff cannot be released under Sabbath name without him singing. At least that's what Tony Martin told in some interview recently about when asked about unreleased songs from his era of the band.

    Or at least Sambo is blaming Dave but I think it's more likely Alex who doesn't want Sambo to make anymore money out of VH. But in Sam's mind it has to Dave because "if only Alex could pick up the phone, I could explain". No wonder his not calling back!
    Last edited by Silexxx; 09-29-2022 at 03:00 AM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #44
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Valerie said Ed was done with the road. He was just happy making music to make music. Wolfgang said the reason he got in the band was Ed had gone off the wagon hard and was self-destructing. The family figured he might clean up if he had to go on tour. Ed was always a professional and he had a lot of discipline as far as the band went. Well we know how that worked. Not so good.

    Who successfully cleaned up Ed was Jani. She was dealing with a brother with substance abuse problems when she met Ed. Anyways whatever she did it worked but unfortunately Ed’s health started to go. People who knew Ed said he didn’t like being the center of attention. He liked it if people just treated him like anyone else. I think at the end he just wanted to be around family and Sammy Hagar was a former band member and not considered a true friend. Why would you want Sam around dealing with cancer and other problems?

    The man wanted his privacy. Most his life he had to live up to the rock god thing and hated that aspect of it. He wanted to make music and play it. He didn’t want to be worshipped.

  5. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

    Never was (09-30-2022)


  6. #45
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    The last two things I heard Ed say about Sammy is he called him the little red worm and he was all about the money. Sam’s first wife said he was obsessed with money as well. But the Van Halen’s worked with Sam a few years and it ended. He was a co-worker so to speak. Not a friend.

  7. #46
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Hmmmm. Valerie said Ed’s favorite food was an Indonesian chicken dish his mom would make. She made it on some cooking show. Mrs. Van Halen said if you are going to marry my son, you need to learn how to cook his favorite food. Sammy’s spaghetti was not mentioned.

  8. #47
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    But there is nothing more annoying than having someone crawl up your ass. Oh I’m coming over. We had a neighbor who would always bring a big container of soup over when she heard my wife was out of town. Her soup sucked. I appreciated that she did it at first but she kept doing it. I’m like I lived just fine single for years, I’m a great cook, I’m going to grill up a steak and make a nice Caesar salad to go with it and have a nice glass of red wine with it. I’m not eating lousy soup so don’t bring it no more! The lady died about a two years after we moved in. Her husband wasted no time getting re-married. Wife number two didn’t give a rat’s ass about me and I loved it.

    I have throat cancer. I’m coming over and making you some spaghetti. Hey ass wipe. I have a tumor on my neck. You think I want to eat spaghetti in this condition? Stay the fuck away!

  9. #48
    Master of the Universe
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    57,615
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,359
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 4,613 Posts


    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Hmmmm. Valerie said Ed’s favorite food was an Indonesian chicken dish his mom would make. She made it on some cooking show. Mrs. Van Halen said if you are going to marry my son, you need to learn how to cook his favorite food. Sammy’s spaghetti was not mentioned.
    I'd also guess that Valerie... being a Bertinelli... probably made Italian food a lot better than the Clown King of Velveeta would, so after she and Eddie divorced, he probably didn't eat much Italian food because it couldn't measure up. Doubt he would be so desperate for home cooked spaghetti that he would call Hagar.

    Was Val a good cook? Obviously I wouldn't know... but if Wolfie is any indication.... probably.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  10. #49
    THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

    Vinnie Velvet's Avatar
    Member No
    1201
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    12-06-2022 @ 06:50 PM
    Location
    Hard Rock City
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,305
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 361 Times in 231 Posts


    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    "And then all of a sudden, I didn’t hear from him and he didn’t answer my texts. I left him a voicemail. “Ed. I ain’t hearing from you. Don’t make me nervous.” And so he gets back and says, “Dude, I just got out of the hospital. I got a fucking tumor on the side of my neck that just popped up that they had to remove.” I said, “I want to come and see you, Ed.” He’s going, “I’ll let you know when.” I said, “I’m going to come over. I’m going to cook for you and fuckin’ make a big old pot of spaghetti, man.”

    When he lived next door, I used to cook for him all the time. So I said, “I’m going to come over and cook for you and really catch up and hey, maybe we can even write a song. Blah, blah, blah.” And he said, “Yeah, I’ll let you know.” And then I started getting less and less communication. I think the last one he wrote said, “Sorry. I’m not responding. I’m in the hospital.”


    That's it. Sammy really wanted to worm his way back in. He heard Eddie was dying and wanted to write one last song with him. So that he could've said HE wrote the final Van Halen song. "I was cooking spaghetti, his favourite food, then Eddie wrote this final thing, lyrics came up to me right away, it so was beautiful" or some crap like that. He couldn't take it that Dave's reunion was a success and well liked. Now he has to make up this Eddie in my dreams-bullshit.

    And apparently thanks to Dave there's no Van Hagar box set. Dave probably has a deal like Ozzy has with Sabbath that no unreleased stuff cannot be released under Sabbath name without him singing. At least that's what Tony Martin told in some interview recently about when asked about unreleased songs from his era of the band.

    Or at least Sambo is blaming Dave but I think it's more likely Alex who doesn't want Sambo to make anymore money out of VH. But in Sam's mind it has to Dave because "if only Alex could pick up the phone, I could explain". No wonder his not calling back!
    Ok that is sickening.

    And straight up harassment.

    Poor Ed.

    While in the hospital he probably regrets getting in touch with Sam and most likely realized all he wanted was to take advantage of him, make a song, release it and make money.

    Sam is a disgusting piece of trash.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  11. 6 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

    FORD (09-29-2022),Nickdfresh (09-29-2022),Nitro Express (09-29-2022),Seshmeister (09-29-2022),Silexxx (09-29-2022),Von Halen (09-29-2022)


  12. #50
    Full On Cocktard

    Member No
    37128
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:51 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    36
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    It's pathetic and embarrassing how Sammy tries to make the comparison to AC/DC moving on after Bon Scott. It's not at all the same thing. Bon Scott died. It's very obvious that Sam knows he isn't considered a part of the band's legacy at this point and desperately wants a piece of it, especially the monetary piece of it. "I'm not about the money." Exactly what somebody who is all about money would say. And it's incredible how people buy into his "cool, friendly beach bum" pretension. He has to have guests play at his shows to tell people "people like me! I'm friends with everybody!! We're having fun!"

    He needs to be thrown in the trash where he belongs. Using Ed's death as a opportunity for press and propping up his good name is the last straw.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  13. #51
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I'd also guess that Valerie... being a Bertinelli... probably made Italian food a lot better than the Clown King of Velveeta would, so after she and Eddie divorced, he probably didn't eat much Italian food because it couldn't measure up. Doubt he would be so desperate for home cooked spaghetti that he would call Hagar.

    Was Val a good cook? Obviously I wouldn't know... but if Wolfie is any indication.... probably.
    David Bertinelli used to live in Park City, Utah when I lived there. He was a professional photographer and a ski instructor. I got to have a nice conversation with him and he said his mom and sister were great cooks and yeah lots of good Italian food. Look at one of Val’s cookbooks. There are some Bertinelli family Italian recipes there. Someone in Park City told me David had to have a heart operation not too long ago. I hope he’s ok. Nice guy.

  14. #52
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    They cremated and poured Ed’s ashes into the Pacific Ocean so Sammy Hagar wouldn’t dig the body up. Hey Sam. It’s over.

  15. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

    Jérôme Frenchise (09-30-2022)


  16. #53
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    My sister in-law went through cancer treatments. You are sick as a dog and the last thing you are going to want is a big plate of spaghetti. Ed was like dude leave me alone, I’m sick!

  17. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

    Silexxx (09-29-2022)


  18. #54
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonL View Post
    It's pathetic and embarrassing how Sammy tries to make the comparison to AC/DC moving on after Bon Scott. It's not at all the same thing. Bon Scott died. It's very obvious that Sam knows he isn't considered a part of the band's legacy at this point and desperately wants a piece of it, especially the monetary piece of it. "I'm not about the money." Exactly what somebody who is all about money would say. And it's incredible how people buy into his "cool, friendly beach bum" pretension. He has to have guests play at his shows to tell people "people like me! I'm friends with everybody!! We're having fun!"

    He needs to be thrown in the trash where he belongs. Using Ed's death as a opportunity for press and propping up his good name is the last straw.
    In the case of AC/DC the original singer died. Also the fans accepted the replacement and I never once heard Brian Johnson bash Bonn Scott. AC/DC rolled on with Brian and came out of the gate with him with a great album.

  19. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

    Silexxx (09-29-2022)


  20. #55
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Sam is a professional fan. So is Dave Grohl but Dave is less of a blatant pimp and less annoying.

  21. #56
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Well Sam and his fat side kick “deep fry everything” heart attack Guy Fire Something are pumping a Mexican spiritual experience in a square bottle. It never ends.

  22. #57
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Val is pretty big in the television chef thing. Sam claims to be a good cook and he owns a restaurant. Has Sam ever been a guest on Val’s cooking show? He definitely would do it. She never has him on. Television is all about ratings. You would get a nice bump from the Van Hagar and Red Head sheep if they knew their party god was going to be on. Val did reach out to Dave though. Said he was a great front man and song writer. She loved his lyrics. She asked why he didn’t seem to like her and she said Dave I don’t bite. Hmmmm. Maybe Val hungry for some kosher sausage. Does she want a kosher hot dog? But she reached out to Dave saying she dug his work.

  23. #58
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Life is a deli. Ladies tend to want a nice big warm hot dog and the guys really like the hot pastrami. The more juicy the better and really if you just have that and get it often, you are pretty damn happy. Do we really care about Astro-physics that much? Not really. We want deli food and entertainment and that’s mostly it.

  24. #59
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,153
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,175
    Thanked 4,361 Times in 3,296 Posts


    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Sam is more full of shit than a porta-potty at a chilli cook off.
    This isn't really breaking news. Are you on a bender?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  25. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

    ZahZoo (09-30-2022)


  26. #60
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,153
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,175
    Thanked 4,361 Times in 3,296 Posts


    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I'd also guess that Valerie... being a Bertinelli... probably made Italian food a lot better than the Clown King of Velveeta would, so after she and Eddie divorced, he probably didn't eat much Italian food because it couldn't measure up. Doubt he would be so desperate for home cooked spaghetti that he would call Hagar.

    Was Val a good cook? Obviously I wouldn't know... but if Wolfie is any indication.... probably.
    I'm sure there were some pretty good restaurants where he lived...

  27. #61
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,153
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,175
    Thanked 4,361 Times in 3,296 Posts


    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Hmmmm. Valerie said Ed’s favorite food was an Indonesian chicken dish his mom would make. She made it on some cooking show. Mrs. Van Halen said if you are going to marry my son, you need to learn how to cook his favorite food. Sammy’s spaghetti was not mentioned.
    Sammy makes Velveeta and Spam tacos!

    Maybe he would have made Ed this:
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-29-2022 at 04:58 PM.

  28. #62
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Well Ed is gone. He left us all with something to appreciate and enjoy. People who knew him said he didn’t like all the attention. He really just wanted to be treated like a normal guy. Ed was known to do little acts of kindness for people if he knew you needed a hand up or someone to be there for you. One person said when his dad passed away, Ed was the first to call and be there for him. Sure he struggled with drugs, booze and cigarettes. Those things shortened his life. The man had his faults but under all that people who knew him said he was a nice guy who cared for people who really needed help but he was under the pressures of being a rock god all the time and he didn’t like being a rock god. At the end of the day, if your real friends and family love you, that’s all that matters. That’s who’s going to be there for you when you are dying in the hospital.

  29. #63
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    As far as Sammy goes he’s an opportunist. He’s a salesman. Some say he’s a success story because he came from poverty and now he’s in his 70’s seeming to have the time of his life and more successful than ever. My question is, sure, Sam made scratch but is it good art? As they say, art is subjective. In my opinion, Sam sucks.

  30. #64
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Sam is the Joel Olsteen of rock and roll.

  31. #65
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,153
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,175
    Thanked 4,361 Times in 3,296 Posts


    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Well Ed is gone. He left us all with something to appreciate and enjoy. People who knew him said he didn’t like all the attention. He really just wanted to be treated like a normal guy. Ed was known to do little acts of kindness for people if he knew you needed a hand up or someone to be there for you. One person said when his dad passed away, Ed was the first to call and be there for him. Sure he struggled with drugs, booze and cigarettes. Those things shortened his life. The man had his faults but under all that people who knew him said he was a nice guy who cared for people who really needed help but he was under the pressures of being a rock god all the time and he didn’t like being a rock god. At the end of the day, if your real friends and family love you, that’s all that matters. That’s who’s going to be there for you when you are dying in the hospital.
    I love Ed, even if at times it was a love and not-love-as-much thing at certain times. He was a good guy by all accounts and if you read Noel Monk's book Ed was the only member of the band Noel truly liked and had any sort thing he would consider a personal relationship with. He was sweet and sensitive and raging and sinewy tough all on the same day. I wouldn't say he didn't like attention, I think he only liked work-related attention and the dependance issues were a combination of genetics (from his father mainly) and a coping mechanism. I think he once pulled an AK-47 on Fred Durst, which only makes him greater, other than the fact he didn't pull the trigger....

  32. #66
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    It was an Uzi. Ed collected guns as did his dad. I don't know if it was class 3 or one of the semi-auto jobs but yeah he pulled it on Durst. Ed hired some roofers to fix the roof on 5150. Ed opened the garage door on the end of 5150 and some of those roofer guys saw that door was unlocked and the garage was full of amps and stuff. Ed had the feeling he shouldn't have opened the door and let those guys see. Anyways sure enough, some of them broke into the property and headed for the garage door and Ed met them with an Uzi in his hands. He marched them off the property at gun point. This story is in the book Eruption in the Canyon.

  33. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

    Nickdfresh (09-29-2022)


  34. #67
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,153
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,175
    Thanked 4,361 Times in 3,296 Posts


    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    It was an Uzi. Ed collected guns as did his dad. I don't know if it was class 3 or one of the semi-auto jobs but yeah he pulled it on Durst. Ed hired some roofers to fix the roof on 5150. Ed opened the garage door on the end of 5150 and some of those roofer guys saw that door was unlocked and the garage was full of amps and stuff. Ed had the feeling he shouldn't have opened the door and let those guys see. Anyways sure enough, some of them broke into the property and headed for the garage door and Ed met them with an Uzi in his hands. He marched them off the property at gun point. This story is in the book Eruption in the Canyon.
    I would think Ed would've had a state of the art security system there with CCTV, ahem, Wolfie if you don't PM me! But yeah workmen can be scum, in the 90's some tried to burglarize the guy next to my parents because they heard at the bar he was often gone and lived downtown and the house was vacant. He happened to be staying there when they broke in and they all got busted....

  35. #68
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Ed had security but I think it needed to be upgraded. Dave Bertinelli told me 5150 actually was the house Valerie lived in when Ed married her. It’s got a separate road access His older brother Drew remodeled the home into a rehearsal space. It never was intended to be a studio you made albums in. Val had to get up early and having Ed and Al practicing in the house was too much so the old house became practice space and Ed’s man cave. Anyways it’s several lots with several buildings with a pretty big perimeter. Out in the more remote areas of the property I think it’s just chain link fencing. I’ve been up there. It’s in kind of a ratty looking area of Coldwater Canyon Road off a hairpin turn. You go up this driveway in dire need of repaving and Ed’s house was the one with the big ornate gate. Once you got up to the house it was nice but the road going up there is junky looking and the entrance to the subdivision has a few mailboxes but it’s unkempt and junky looking. Some parts of the Hollywood Hills are junky looking and for the taxes people pay there the roads shouldn’t be all cracked up due to lack of maintenance. I wasn’t too impressed with the area actually. Bel Air and Holmby Hills are nice but the backside where Ed lives is kind of ratty.

  36. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

    Never was (09-30-2022)


  37. #69
    Foot Soldier
    Never was's Avatar
    Member No
    28556
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:33 AM
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Age
    53
    Posts
    602
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 297 Times in 193 Posts


    Rep Power
    14
    Good news Sam likely to dead next given his age.

    His life was spent promoting himself on what other people built and using others talent for his own gain. He road others in Montrose, in Van Halen, and his entire schtick since is I was Van Halen. When Ed was so fucked up that even Dave passed till he was sober there was Sam for a tour, then make more money with a book airing the dirty laundry like he was a victim when using Ed, then bad mouthing every opportunity once VH was back w Dave, in 2018 was telling interviews he would likely be making music with Ed again despite knowing Ed was sick and now tells lies and using a corpse to remind all of his relevance.

    Just a total piece of shit who should pass away soon
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  38. 3 users say thank you to Never was for this KICKASS post:

    Seshmeister (11-03-2022),Vinnie Velvet (09-30-2022),Von Halen (09-30-2022)


  39. #70
    THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

    Vinnie Velvet's Avatar
    Member No
    1201
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    12-06-2022 @ 06:50 PM
    Location
    Hard Rock City
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,305
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 361 Times in 231 Posts


    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I love Ed, even if at times it was a love and not-love-as-much thing at certain times. He was a good guy by all accounts and if you read Noel Monk's book Ed was the only member of the band Noel truly liked and had any sort thing he would consider a personal relationship with. He was sweet and sensitive and raging and sinewy tough all on the same day. I wouldn't say he didn't like attention, I think he only liked work-related attention and the dependance issues were a combination of genetics (from his father mainly) and a coping mechanism. I think he once pulled an AK-47 on Fred Durst, which only makes him greater, other than the fact he didn't pull the trigger....
    I will never forgive Ed for 1996 though. Maybe that wasn't all his fault but certainly he was a major factor.

  40. 2 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

    Von Halen (09-30-2022),ZahZoo (10-01-2022)


  41. #71
    Master of the Universe
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:35 AM
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    57,615
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,359
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 4,613 Posts


    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    Good news Sam likely to dead next given his age.

    His life was spent promoting himself on what other people built and using others talent for his own gain. He road others in Montrose, in Van Halen, and his entire schtick since is I was Van Halen. When Ed was so fucked up that even Dave passed till he was sober there was Sam for a tour, then make more money with a book airing the dirty laundry like he was a victim when using Ed, then bad mouthing every opportunity once VH was back w Dave, in 2018 was telling interviews he would likely be making music with Ed again despite knowing Ed was sick and now tells lies and using a corpse to remind all of his relevance.

    Just a total piece of shit who should pass away soon
    Unfortunately, Hagar's in that same category with Henry Kissinger... he'll probably live forever because Satan don't want him either.

  42. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

    Never was (09-30-2022)


  43. #72
    Full On Cocktard

    Member No
    37128
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:51 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    36
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Ed had security but I think it needed to be upgraded. Dave Bertinelli told me 5150 actually was the house Valerie lived in when Ed married her. It’s got a separate road access His older brother Drew remodeled the home into a rehearsal space. It never was intended to be a studio you made albums in. Val had to get up early and having Ed and Al practicing in the house was too much so the old house became practice space and Ed’s man cave. Anyways it’s several lots with several buildings with a pretty big perimeter. Out in the more remote areas of the property I think it’s just chain link fencing. I’ve been up there. It’s in kind of a ratty looking area of Coldwater Canyon Road off a hairpin turn. You go up this driveway in dire need of repaving and Ed’s house was the one with the big ornate gate. Once you got up to the house it was nice but the road going up there is junky looking and the entrance to the subdivision has a few mailboxes but it’s unkempt and junky looking. Some parts of the Hollywood Hills are junky looking and for the taxes people pay there the roads shouldn’t be all cracked up due to lack of maintenance. I wasn’t too impressed with the area actually. Bel Air and Holmby Hills are nice but the backside where Ed lives is kind of ratty.
    I never liked 5150. It marked the end of Classic Van Halen in my book. In 1984 Ed hadn't tried to seize total control of the band by that point. Everything was better when they were using Marshall amps in somebody else's studio space.

  44. #73
    Roadie
    Silexxx's Avatar
    Member No
    25630
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Location
    Finland
    Age
    33
    Posts
    103
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 102 Times in 40 Posts


    Rep Power
    14
    https://blabbermouth.net/news/sammy-...nd-i-dont-talk

    During an appearance earlier today (Wednesday, November 2) on SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk", Hagar was asked if there have been further developments about a VAN HALEN tribute concert in recent weeks. He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "As far as I know, [there has been] nothing. There was that talk everybody heard about Jason being the bass player and Joe Satriani playing guitar and Alex and all that. Then I got the call from the management, I got the call from Irving Azoff, [who] said, 'Hey, you wanna do, you and Mike and Al with a superstar guitar player?' I said, 'I'll do anything with Al and Mike and play music with people, but it's not gonna be VAN HALEN. There is no VAN HALEN; I don't care what anyone says. Wolfie is VAN HALEN, okay?" he said, referencing Eddie's son Wolfgang, who replaced Michael in VAN HALEN back in 2007. "And he doesn't wanna be the VAN HALEN copy band. I don't blame him; he's doing a great job on his own stuff, and it's very cool when he jams a little bit here and there. He's VAN HALEN, and if he wanted to play guitar with Al and Mikey and myself, I would love to do that. That would be just one time for the big time. Not like, 'Okay, let's go out and tour the world and make records.' No, no, no, no. There is no VAN HALEN, but to play with Al and Mike and a great guitar player for some event — almost like the event that [FOO FIGHTERS leader] Dave Grohl put on for Taylor [Hawkins], something like that would be fantastic. But other than that, no."

    When interviewer Eddie Trunk brought up Wolfgang's recent interview in which Van Halen heavily hinted that David Lee Roth is the hold-up in realizing an Eddie Van Halen tribute concert, Sammy said: "It ain't just one guy. Alex Van Halen and I don't talk. I reached out to Alex. I'm gonna tell you right now — I reached out to Alex again recently. Mikey had a sad thing happen in his family, and I reached out to Al, and he wouldn't return my call or my e-mail. And so I said, 'You know what? Fuck it. It's not on the top of my list, my agenda. I think Eddie deserves, definitely, a tribute… And the whole world would show up and the whole world would do it.

    "I don't know why people put it on Roth," Sammy continued. "I don't talk to Dave. And if he did it, he'd wanna do it without me. I'm sure that's part of the dysfunction that Wolfie's talking about. I'll make a statement that I don't know is true or not, but what do you wanna bet that he goes, 'I will only do it if Hagar's not there.' And if that were the case, that's typical Roth, and that's part of the dysfunction. It's not like he controls it; it's just [that] he doesn't play well with others. And like I said, if Alex came to me and wanted to do it, I'm in. Absolutely — let's go [and] do it somehow. But Alex has got a stick up his ass about something with me still, and he's gonna take it to his grave, I guess. [I made peace with Eddie before he died but] I don't think I made peace with Al. And I don't think I'm going to unless he reaches back out to me. I've done it about five times now."

    Hagar clarified: "I'm not trying to start a feud between the two of us. But I love the guy, and I love VAN HALEN, what we did together… Al is the most stubborn Taurus. He's a Taurus, and he's the most stubborn Taurus. Tauruses are known for [being] stubborn. He's a Dutch Taurus, and he is the most stubborn, hard-headed guy you'll ever meet in your life. And he is tough to [break] down and to let go. Nope — he's holding on to something. And I just wish he wasn't like that. I love the guy. Like I've said a million times, Alex and I actually got along better than Ed and I at times. Through the hard times, Alex and I still got along. But I don't know what happened. Somebody poisoned him. Somebody told him something. Maybe he still doesn't like my book, which was the most honest thing I've ever done in my life. Some people just don't think that that should have been done."

  45. #74
    Roadie
    Silexxx's Avatar
    Member No
    25630
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Location
    Finland
    Age
    33
    Posts
    103
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 102 Times in 40 Posts


    Rep Power
    14
    So now Alex hates him because Alex's a stubborn Taurus. Okay.

  46. #75
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,567
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,446 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    Hagar clarified: "I'm not trying to start a feud between the two of us."
    Not starting a feud, you're prolonging it.

    "But I don't know what happened. Somebody poisoned him. Somebody told him something."
    You won't shut the fuck up!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  47. #76
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,107
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,671
    Thanked 8,976 Times in 5,771 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    It's about star signs now?

    What a fucking bozo.

    Also he seems to have got it into his head the last few years that people are so dumb that he can outwit them and come across as the good guy by stating his admiration before each attack.

    Dave is a great talent I think he's great blah blah blah Dave is a useless cunt who I don't like.

    Watch out for it, he uses it in most interviews now.

    He is a liar and knows that lazy music journalists don't fact check beyond what he said in the previous interview. For all we know Ed had a couple of 20 second conversations with him when ill getting chemo where he said 'whatever, fine who cares?' which Hagar will spin out now for ever as a great bromance reconciliation.

    Maybe that's why Alex won't deal with him and it's not because he was born in May...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  48. #77
    Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    ZahZoo's Avatar
    Member No
    61
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    12-05-2022 @ 01:23 PM
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    8,625
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,238
    Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,891 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10
    Hagar fails to recognize the root cause of this issue... he runs his mouth constantly regarding Van Halen and fails to understand the toxicity that he's both created and perpetuating for the last couple of decades.

    His relevance to Alex Van Halen most likely ended years ago in Alex's mind. Odds are Alex doesn't follow any music or social media related to the band. He may not even be aware of most of what Hagar a spewed over this matter in the last 10 years. If he were asked he's probably respond with... Sammy who..?

    That's proper ghosting and well deserved.
    Last edited by ZahZoo; 11-03-2022 at 06:05 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  49. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

    Silexxx (11-03-2022),Vinnie Velvet (11-03-2022)


  50. #78
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Hagar fails to recognize the root cause of this issue... he runs his mouth constantly regarding Van Halen and fails to understand the toxicity that he's both created and perpetuating for the last couple of decades.

    His relevance to Alex Van Halen most likely ended years ago in Alex's mind. Odds are Alex doesn't follow any music or social media related to the band. He may not even be aware of most of what Hagar a spewed over this matter in the last 10 years. If he were asked he's probably respond with... Sammy who..?

    That's proper ghosting and well deserved.
    Can you blame Alex? Sammy Hagar is an opportunist and attention whore. He just can’t enjoy his money in private. I get being addicted to performing and making music but Sam is doing television shows, he constantly does interviews, he hosts radio shows. I’m not knocking the work ethic but it’s just lame. Sam slags Eddie on a public broadcast and then Eddie dies and Sam publicly says he regrets slagging Eddie. Everyone knew Eddie had problems. His health problems were serious and he had gone through a divorce and he said fuck it and went off the deep end. But Sam is slagging the guy like he’s in a normal state of mind and just being an asshole. Lot’s of people knew and worked with Eddie Van Halen. Everyone has their Ed stories on what a nice guy he really was. The only person I ever really heard call Eddie Van Halen an asshole is Sammy Hagar. Everyone else understood Ed had some issues and went through a rough time there for a bit but Ed got over it and had one last good tour. Ed went out on top. Sammy is just jealous he wasn’t fronting that last tour. I’m glad Dave got to do it.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-04-2022 at 04:38 AM.

  51. #79
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Ha! Hagar claims he was visited by aliens. He always was a fruit loop. If he didn’t manage to make it in music he probably would have become a New Age guru running a retreat and fleecing and banging naive women who fall for that shit.

  52. #80
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,389
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,252
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    I don’t get this tribute thing. Ed’s tribute is his talent is appreciated by millions and people not even born yet will hear Van Halen in the future and love it. Great musicians are appreciated long after they are gone. That’s the tribute. Not some Jack off show.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Please, just STOP it
    By LoungeMachine in forum Max's Non VH/DLR Related Stuff
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 06:44 AM
  2. Stop It, Enough Is Enough!
    By jcook11 in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 11:24 AM
  3. can you stop the ...
    By thome in forum Website Related Discussion - Webmaster Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 01:55 PM
  4. please stop!!!
    By Jano in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 02:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •