Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Yeah the battle of the bands shit is fine when you are in your 20’s. Talking some dirt and pounding your chest is normal for young egotistical rock punks. It’s stupid for guys pushing 80 to do.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

David Lee Roth is a rock and roll legend. It’s written in stone. It’s historical fact. When people name the best front men ever it’s going to be Freddy Mercury, Mick Jagger, David Lee Roth and few others. Sam will not be on the roster and Sam knows it and it drives his huge ego nuts. Roth will never be forgotten as much as Sam wishes he could erase Dave’s legacy.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Thank fuck the guy that gave us the national treasure that is "Up For Breakfast" can sing any Dave song easily...

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Thank fuck the guy that gave us the national treasure that is "Up For Breakfast" can sing any Dave song easily...
          Was anybody wondering if Hagar could sing any Dave song easily?
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He sure never sang one well from whatever I've heard...

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

You though he had a big opinion of himself before....

A&E Network To Air 'Biography' Episode On Sammy Hagar

Produced by Banger Films under the award-winning “Biography” banner, the specials will celebrate
              icons including Alice Cooper, Bret Michaels, Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider, Sammy Hagar, and Skid Row’s
              Sebastian Bach.

“Biography: Sammy Hagar” traces Hagar’s path to fame, beginning as a poverty-stricken child, to
              the lead singer of the band Montrose, to launching a successful solo career, and ultimately joining
              Van Halen. The documentary explores how Hagar helped Van Halen get their first ever number one
              hit, finally uncovers what led a band that was on the top of world to suddenly split apart, and how
              Hagar has continued to leave his mark on the hard rock genre.

Still, I'll probably watch all of 'em.

Full story at:
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

"Icon" sure doesn't mean what it used to.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                  You though he had a big opinion of himself before....

A&E Network To Air 'Biography' Episode On Sammy Hagar

Produced by Banger Films under the award-winning “Biography” banner, the specials will celebrate
                  icons including Alice Cooper, Bret Michaels, Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider, Sammy Hagar, and Skid Row’s
                  Sebastian Bach.

“Biography: Sammy Hagar” traces Hagar’s path to fame, beginning as a poverty-stricken child, to
                  the lead singer of the band Montrose, to launching a successful solo career, and ultimately joining
                  Van Halen. The documentary explores how Hagar helped Van Halen get their first ever number one
                  hit, finally uncovers what led a band that was on the top of world to suddenly split apart, and how
                  Hagar has continued to leave his mark on the hard rock genre.

Still, I'll probably watch all of 'em.

Full story at:
                  https://mortystv.com/blog/2023/03/08...ebastian-bach/
                  Not to quibble because I don't particularly like the song, but wasn't Van Halen's first ever number one hit the Jump single?
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    Not to quibble because I don't particularly like the song, but wasn't Van Halen's first ever number one hit the Jump single?
                    Yes, #1 on Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.

They're probably referring to 5150 going #1 on the album chart. 1984 was stuck at #2 behind Thriller.

5150's first single only went #3 on the Hot 100.
                    Last edited by twonabomber; 03-11-2023, 10:18 PM.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Yes, #1 on Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.

They're probably referring to 5150 going #1 on the album chart. 1984 was stuck at #2 behind Thriller.
                      And of course 1984 sold twice as many as 5150.

At this point I'm only bothering to post what we all know because of how high on Google searches posts on this forum sometimes appear...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Helmed by the flamboyant, five-octave David Lee Roth and fueled by dynamite lead guitarist Eddie Van Halen, Van Halen set a new bar for heavy rock with 1978's "Runnin' with the Devil," their fiery …

Jump is the only #1 single. These are ranked by weeks on the chart.

Last edited by twonabomber; 03-11-2023, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I have to admit I'm surprised 'Right Now' and 'And The Cradle Will Rock' got to the same position on the Billboard charts...

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't pay for TV and wouldn't watch this if I did. Someone will have to fact check it.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

None of the VHagar albums went diamond. They sold less as they went on, 5150 is 6x platinum and it went down from there.

Hagar didn't go platinum solo until Standing Hampton. Three Lock Box was gold, then VOA platinum, then the next solo album gold. And that's it for his solo career. Montrose is platinum and somehow the first Chickenshit album is gold.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also worth mentioning that Hagar's 'big hit' 'I can't drive 55' peaked at just #26 on the Billboard charts. It did nothing outside the US because without the novelty aspect it's not much of anything.

If he hadn't got to do it live 306 times! with Van Hagar it would have been long forgotten. He is riding on the Van Halen legacy with that like everything else...
                                Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-12-2023, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...