X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    I can't recall Dave having said a single word about Ed's kid - good, bad or otherwise - since [Dave's] last tour with Van Halen in 2015.

About the only thing I can recall Dave having said about Hagar since the Sam and Dave Heavyweights Of Rock co-headlining tour in 2002 was...I dunno, 4 years ago or so. Maybe a year or two before Eddie had died. Dave said something in an interview along the lines of it standing to reason that Van Halen made different music when he left and Hagar joined because obviously he and Hagar were different people with different perspectives, and Roth left it at that rather than even bother blathering out the usual 'I'm better than he is' stuff that he and Hagar had been directing toward each other in interviews since 1985.

Which was just as well, because what's left to be said from Dave's perspective about Hagar that hasn't already been said a million times, anyway? I'd presume Dave wouldn't bother commenting about Ed's kid one way or another going forward just out of decency...who knows, maybe Dave doesn't feel Ed's kid is worth talking about publicly or the subject of Ed's kid may well plain not enter Dave's mind often enough anymore...I never got the feeling Dave and Wolfgang hung out much outside of their working capacity even when they were both in the band for those 10-odd years. It wouldn't surprise me much to find out that -outside of whatever transpired re: the proposed tribute to Ed - Dave and Ed's kid have had virtually no contact since Van Halen's last tour in 2015 ended.
    I agree with this 100%.

I think it was the Joe Rogan interview in 2019 when Dave commented on the vast difference between CVH and Van Hagar after he was asked, specifically himself and Sam. And it was nothing but just stating the obvious "Sam sings Why Cant This Be Love.....I sing I Aint Talkin Bout Love" something to that effect.

No mudslinging whatsoever.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Silexxx
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2010

Here's the Hamburger helper comment in 2015. And that Van Hagar only sold half what CVH sold.

And here's the Joe Rogan clip where Dave said that all Sammy's songs are about love but so are Sinatra's.

Other than that and I don't remember Dave really talking about Hagar. Only really when asked by interviewer.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx

Here's the Hamburger helper comment in 2015. And that Van Hagar only sold half what CVH sold.

And here's the Joe Rogan clip where Dave said that all Sammy's songs are about love but so are Sinatra's.

Other than that and I don't remember Dave really talking about Hagar. Only really when asked by interviewer.
        Again, the 2015 quote was just Dave stating the obvious.

Yes, Van Hagar sold about half of what CVH sold.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Haha that video is great.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
              Haha that video is great.
              Lame part is all that factual data has been available for 25 years, yet no interviewer ever challenged Hagar when he kept making those 'the version of Van Halen I was in was more successful than the one that came before me' statements over and over again.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'll have to start posting that video in response to pro-Hagar posts on FB
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Silexxx
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2010

A website that collects and analyzes music data from around the world. All of the charts, sales and streams, constantly updated.

Seems like this Hagar box set didn't really change anything if you look at the most played Van Halen songs on Spotify. It's still mostly CVH. Some of the most played Hagar songs even are from original non-remastered albums.

And on the Albums charts it's at number 6.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hagar on the Stern show next Tuesday. Wear your hip waders.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Don’t bend over to pick anything up Howard.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        Hagar on the Stern show next Tuesday. Wear your hip waders.
                        Stern said Clichegar called him and asked him to come on! What a fucking LOSER! I am going to try to call in and get into a fight with Clichegar on the air!

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          Stern said Clichegar called him and asked him to come on! What a fucking LOSER! I am going to try to call in and get into a fight with Clichegar on the air!
                          I don't wake up early enough to call in during the live show . Best I could do is the Wrap Up Show. I'll be posting that video on any clips the show posts.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

You just know Sam will take more shots at Dave and then whine about no Tribute show for Eddie blah blah blah.

Amazing what time does to people. Back in the day it was Stern who would have Dave on his show and it would be all pro-CVH talk.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Don’t bend over to pick anything up Howard.
                              Howard is freindly with Spam and would never - but he needs to make a Sam-Puppet along the lines of the Alex Jones puppet; just repeating the same old lies and shitting out of the mouth over and over...

I guess Sam has a new beer, it's called Analcumstain Lite! No actually it's "Red Lager" or something and is akin to a shitty Mexican lager like Cornhole-ah...

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                                You just know Sam will take more shots at Dave and then whine about no Tribute show for Eddie blah blah blah.

Amazing what time does to people. Back in the day it was Stern who would have Dave on his show and it would be all pro-CVH talk.
                                I mean, doubtless Hagar will take a few shots at Dave and whine about the tribute show that never happened should Stern ask about Van Halen...and it's a given that Stern WILL ask about Van Halen because it's the only thing in Hagar's career worth talking about.

Truth be told, who cares what anybody who was in Van Halen has to say about any of it now? Maybe Dave might have a few Van Halen stories stored up that we haven't heard from him before, but even should that be the case...Eddie's gone. Band is over. The music still works the magic for me now as it did way back when, but beyond that there ain't nuttin' left to squabble over.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...